After 1.5.0 steam keeps replacing parts of my mod mid game causing it to crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lonewarrior

Sergeant
Did the basics of reinstalling steam.
After 1.5.0 I’ve noticed that the game will crash, then steam starts deciding to update the game, it’s happened at least 10 times in the last few days.
When it updates, it chooses (a seemingly random) file from my mod, deletes it and replaces it with an old version.
So far it’s done this with module_strings, settlements and heroes and troop files.
If I remove the replaced version, it then tries again a little later (sometimes a few hours, sometimes within minutes) it’s not like it’s an actual update and auto updates are turned off, it’s almost like it’s validating files without me asking it to do it.

it’s becoming increasingly annoying when I’m spending hours modding a file to find it suddenly replaced with an old version.

I tried keeping steam in offline mode but as soon as I go online it starts the updates again.

It only seems to be bannerlord doing this,I tried testing it by changing some files and deleting files in other games 3 days ago and it hasn’t tried to update them.

“Allow steam to update during gameplay” is also off.

Last edited:
yeah, i have as much time in my mod as I do playing the game and after this update it's broke. Was all working fine.

all i can suggest is most tables can be activated in a seperate mod folder - updates wont touch that, its just a bit more work, i know some tables that aint possible

Back
Top Bottom