Affiliate to a family

Users who are viewing this thread

Paradoxis said:
The only King you can marry is a Lord you married and persuaded to become king. But everyone knows who's really in charge there  :lol:

can u tell a lord to rebel and become king? o.0
how  :eek:

terrorib said:
Paradoxis said:
The only King you can marry is a Lord you married and persuaded to become king. But everyone knows who's really in charge there  :lol:

can u tell a lord to rebel and become king? o.0
how  :eek:
Yeh i also want to know never tried this can we?

Paradoxis said:
Only when you are married to a lord alrdy. Then you get that option. I forgot if there are any other requirements but marriage is a must.
That will be fun i will check it out

This should be the details of the Kingdom

in an example:

Kingdom of Nords --> ruling family the Rangars
Houses and Families of Nords---> High , Avreage , Low
High families (with cities , castles and villages) = 500 points (250 for a city , 150 for a castle and 50 for a village)
Avreage families = 250 points
Low families = 100 points

or something like that , so if you want to join higher families you have to have more renown etc.

also taken into evaluation should be the distance of fiefs. If a Nations breaks apart lets say the Nords. Lord Knudarr has tehlrog caslte, vayejeg village is linked with it. If the player had Am (dunno the full name of the village but it is near vayejeg) the family would be more likely to accept him into the family.

also family wars within a kingdom.
Family Knudarr is avreage vs a Low family of Bulba

the fights would be within a faction. So the King decides to take sides or stay Neutral. While the families are figthing they are within a kingdom but do not partake into campaings , tourneys , feasts etc. A family can take anothers family fiefs by defeating the opositte family enough times or by ransaking them a lot.

so let's simulate a battle

Family Knudarr has Lord Knudarr that owns Thelrog castle and His son Gerland has vajeyeg. The family of Bulba is featured only by Bulba who has Jelbegi.

So the army of Knudarr and Gerland assemble (family marshalls) and go to pillage Jelbegi. If done succesful Bulbas army would be out of supply , when fought on a battle and if captured family Knudarr can demand Jelbegi village. If accepted Jarl Knudarr takes Jelbegi and can give it to a family member.

Don't know if this is implementeble but i thought i could give it a try.

To clarify a bit, game display people related with a character (so-called "family").
Diplomacy have only termed that notion : basically if a kingdom has 20 Lords, then it has 20 families. So it doesn't seem much necessary to me to valuate a family since you could simply check (through Notes>>Characters sheet) referent Lord's renown,fief,members,...
...Well, I guess it require a moment to investigate (I have fun with that), however I'd rather let a large part of intuition than strict statistics  :wink:

Crroatian said:
the fights would be within a faction.
I think game is not planned to manage inner quarrel. At least not to that point (war).
Imagine families as political parties, they might be rivals but will go at war only against kingdom enemies.

I can't ditch my family? Is there a reason? And I can't ditch my fief also. Just asks which one, then goes blank, then "nevermind". The family ditching one just pauses after dialogue and freezes up.

Casimir said:
yeah i have a similar problem, im wanting to be released from my fiefs but it simply says "nevermind" every time.

can you detail this out? who are you talking to and whats the dialog?

gwanjun said:
I can't ditch my family? Is there a reason? And I can't ditch my fief also. Just asks which one, then goes blank, then "nevermind". The family ditching one just pauses after dialogue and freezes up.

got a savegame?

At the moment i am a vassal of King Graveth, i currently hold 3 fiefs, saren jamich and one other in swadian territory.  Whenever i open the dialogue "my lord i wish to return a fief given too me" the king responds with "ah so you can't handle it then, well which fief would you like to give up" my character then instantly replies with "never mind". my reputation with king is quite high so im not sure what the problem is. Any ideas?

Casimir said:
At the moment i am a vassal of King Graveth, i currently hold 3 fiefs, saren jamich and one other in swadian territory.  Whenever i open the dialogue "my lord i wish to return a fief given too me" the king responds with "ah so you can't handle it then, well which fief would you like to give up" my character then instantly replies with "never mind". my reputation with king is quite high so im not sure what the problem is. Any ideas?

did you try it again with 3.1? As far as I remember you can't give back any villages and your court I changed this for villages but not sure if it was released in 3.1

The Affiliate to family feature seems to have some problems. As a female character I married Count Regas, but am unable to Affiliate to his father's family, Count Haringoth. Also, I tried to affiliate to Count Delinard's family just to test it out, and he says he wont because he dislikes me, even though my relation is at +46 with him.

What's going on? Should I affiliate with Haringoth before I marry Regas?

Thanks!

Note: Also I've noticed much of the English Dialogue is poorly translated. If you need assistance, I would be happy to help.

SirGrom said:
...Also, I tried to affiliate to Count Delinard's family just to test it out, and he says he wont because he dislikes me, even though my relation is at +46 with him...
I had this issue with one of the Sarranid emirs. Do you know what personality Count Delinard is? If he is
Code:
goodnatured
, you would need your relations with Swadia to be at least 90.
Aeon said:
If lord character = martial , then player renown required >= lord renown
If lord character = cunning , then player right-to-rule required >= 10
If lord character = sadistic/debauched , then player honor required < -7 (because easier to become dishonorable than honorable)
If lord character = upstanding , then player honor required > +5
If lord character = goodnatured, then faction relation required >= 90 (don't be afraid it's really easy)
If lord character = selfrighteous/pitiless , then player's fortune (money) required >= (lord renown) * 65
If lord character = default/custodian or quarrelsome/badtempered, then player relation with lord required >= 14
By the way, if this is the case, maybe the response should be changed to something like "You are not in good enough standing with my realm."

That can't be the case, my relation with Swadia is at 100. :sad:

Though, I have no idea what type of personality Delinard is.

SirGrom said:
The Affiliate to family feature seems to have some problems. As a female character I married Count Regas, but am unable to Affiliate to his father's family, Count Haringoth...
After my pers got married, the option to affiliate to a family disappeared from the dialogs. However, after upgrading to Diplo v3.1, the option reappeared. I haven't had time to try it, though.
edit:sorry for double posting, i did not mean to
edit2:that was probably because I asked different lords

I'm currently using 3.1 as well, though with an old save from 3.0.  The option to affiliate to a family seems to show up randomly for me on some Lords/Kings. To make a long story short, I don't think I have a clue how the Affiliate system works at all, and it's bugging me :smile:

there should be some way to tell who is what nature , i had a friend in rhodok i was like 78 relation with him and every time i asked to be affiliated he said he doesnt like me even though i married his daughter lol. also, i dont think you should be taken out of the family if you leave faction but instead you can try to recruit them as vassals to your kingdom, that would be pretty awesome

Madnes5 said:
there should be some way to tell who is what nature , i had a friend in rhodok i was like 78 relation with him and every time i asked to be affiliated he said he doesnt like me even though i married his daughter lol. also, i dont think you should be taken out of the family if you leave faction but instead you can try to recruit them as vassals to your kingdom, that would be pretty awesome

lemme ask you , where in the name of the lord is the option to affilate to a family , i have just started in an kingdom and joined it , but i can't seem to find the option.

small nitpick, I have affliated with a family a couple of times, but never actually received a title or anything. Was that taken out or something? It's not a big deal since I still get the relationship benefits, just curious

it would be nice though if there is some way you can affiliate yourself with a king. Not as real family/adopted son or something but as a special''something'' (protector, knight, I mean a function that does not make you family but does protect it/serve it in a different way to a vasal with a fief).

Back
Top Bottom