MP Antiquity Aevum Romanorum/RomePW [Rome-Era Roleplay] (Alpha released)

What will be your favorite faction?

• Rome

Votes: 46 59.0%
  • Gaul

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Bandit

Votes: 11 14.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sinisterius

rpw.png
Taking place sometime in the Roman era, players can choose between the civilizised Romans and the barbarious Gauls. You can be a peasant or a citizen, a legionary in the roman army or a fearsome gallic warrior. This mod aims to bring a more compact and focused roleplay -- instead of having many races or "colored castles", the mod focuses on two factions.

My greatest hopes are that this very feature will bring a lot more roleplay in. Players actually have to be soldiers and defend their peasants who mine, chop wood, handle the farms etc and vice-versa. Also, it might make larger player-vs-player wars to take place.

Done.
Local IC chat.
Local OOC chat.
Global OOC chat.
Buying equipment (e.g horses, weapons).
Mining.
Woodcutting.
Farming.
Market system.
Grave digging.
Resting on beds.
Money dropping.

Almost done.
Day/Night system, with dynamic fog.

Other (not done, lacking design or still planning).
New inventory system.
Siege equipment (catapults, defensive structures).
Bounty hunting.
Crafting - smithing, fletching etc.
Headquarters flag system.
Building outposts.

The great men who helped develop this team.
Sinisterius - project lead, scripter.
Temuzu - lead scener. He's like Rembrandt with a computer mouse.
CalenLoki - scener with his mind full of ideas & designs.
Scorp1171 - scener. A great guy with a desire for historical accuracy.
Tiberius Decimus Maximus - historical advisor. Reincarnation of Hitler?

Signatures!
If you want to support the mod and spread the word, simply add one of these pictures into your signature. If you can make awesome signatures, feel free to post.  :wink:
URL's are shortened to preserve signature length.
Code:
[url=http://bit.ly/9RkrD9][IMG]http://bit.ly/cNy1bW[/IMG][/url]
cNy1bW
Code:
[url=http://bit.ly/9RkrD9][IMG]http://bit.ly/9pialo[/IMG][/url]
signaturehr.png

Code:
[url=http://bit.ly/9RkrD9][IMG]http://bit.ly/braSFo[/IMG][/url]
braSFo

Thanks to..
Llew2 for OSP Roman models&textures.
Lucke189 for Realistic Colors texture pack.
Checkmaty for More Metal Sounds.
rejenorst for the awesome menu music.
TaleWorlds for Mount&Blade, Warband and multiplayer.

And to you all of you guys for supporting the mod.

About the alpha.
I am no longer willing to work on the mod. The alpha is released with the ModuleSystem, maybe someone else continues developing it. It is almost ready. Here is the link to the download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8240LXSD .

Sounds good! I have been waiting for something like this! so its a bit early but when do u think you will be able to release this? 1-2 months 1-2 weeks?

suggestion: Itll be hard i know but can you add the greeks?

Suggested troop types for rome and gaul:

Rome:
Centurion (very expensive armour)
Praetorian guard (expensive equipment)
Legonairy (medicore equipment)
Auxilia (spearman and medicore equipment)
Archer (we all know those)
Equite (cavalry with medicore equipment)
citizen (traders serfs stuff like that)

Gaul:
Chieftain (very expensive equipment)
chieftain's guard (expensive equipment)
warrior ( Medicore equipment)
Warband (spears and the like -cheap equipment)
hunter (basically an archer)
worker-rabble (traders and the like - carry small daggers)

Thanks for the constructive reply!

Script-wise there aren't many problems -- it goes fast. Just got to implement the ideas/suggestions you guys give me and we're done, as I implemented the basic stuff today. The problem is that I need a good scene, something like Fantasy Persistent World has, but.. quite smaller.

Adding the greeks will be a tough task indeed, because I don't have any models or textures which would bring the greeks alive. And I'm not particulary good at making that stuff.. I'd need an artist for that.  :razz:

That's an excellent troop-type suggestions list. But I don't want to make things too complicated, so I'll probably simply have three/four classes for both factions.

Rome:
Legionary - from medium to heavy armor. Good with a 1-hander and a shield.
Auxiliary - light armor, but cheaper.
Equite - light to medium armor, capable of buying better horses & better cavalry specific equipment.
Citizen - a peasant/villageer/citizen etc. From lowlife clothes to noble senator outfit. Free tools from start.

Gaul:
Warrior - from nakedness to medium armor. Good with 2-handers.
Archer - same as above, but weaker & cheaper.
Peasant - rabble clothes, but gets free tools (like mining, woodcutting etc) from start.

My god this will be awesome. Maybe you could ask Ealabor or the Vita Dolentis/MountnGladius mod makers for items. And also, only Gauls and Romans? Would be cool if you could at least add in Greeks, Carthaginians or Egyptians.

Thanks.  :wink:

I've got all the items for gauls/romans from Mount&Gladius already, so that's not a worry. Hmm.. Perhaps I should add in the Greeks, and it seems I could possibly get the items from Lynores.

However, I really don't want to have any more than three factions, because I want the mod to be 'more compact'. For example, in FPW all the players are split into six races and from there into bandits/normal/etc. You have 20 players in the server and all you see is players running randomly around.

Okay, I'm going to start scripting farming now. My idea for farming atm: you have to cultivate the land using a spade, then water the land with two buckets of water. Finally, you can plant your seed and suddenly the plant springs up.

About selling. I imagine that not many players want to buy tomatos/bananas/grapes etc, so I will implement a Market system. You go to a marketplace and there are stalls, for example the "Fruit Stall" or "Weapon Stall". There you can sell your goods for some cash.

Also, to make raiding more profitable, I will add sacks around each villages and only enemy factions can loot them AND only if there are three or more enemy troops near the looter. Probably might make hit&run tactics.. which is yet another reason to guard the villages.

sounds awesome! maybe you could ask some of the guys ho did hegemony for building textures and models? they may say no but its worth a try

Also with the troop tree should have 4-5 troop types for each faction and maybe you could borrow models for Greeks from the people who made vita dolentis? Cause there are greek models in there-(equipment i mean)

Buildings would be nice..

Anyway, status update.
Farming is getting pretty much ready. You cultivate the land, water it, plant the seeds and wait ~10 seconds until the seed sprouts to the fruit. At this time, the seed is vulnerable and if anyone attacks it, there's a 40% chance the seed will be ruined.
After it sprouts, you can harvest the plant. During this time, if anyone attacks it, there's a 20% chance of ruining the entire crops.

Buuut if you manage to harvest it successfully and sell the gained goods to a stall/player, you will get a nice hefty amount of gold.

Sinisterius said:
I've got all the items for gauls/romans from Mount&Gladius already, so that's not a worry. Hmm.. Perhaps I should add in the Greeks, and it seems I could possibly get the items from Lynores.

However, I really don't want to have any more than three factions, because I want the mod to be 'more compact'. For example, in FPW all the players are split into six races and from there into bandits/normal/etc. You have 20 players in the server and all you see is players running randomly around.

That's good to hear you have the items, but you should probably ask Vita Dolentis too, they have soo many more items, they even have a full set of Greek items.

As for the many factions, you could still have only 2/3 per map.

And by the way, are you thinking about asking Havoc and Wookie for their money dropping system, lumbercutting system and smithing system? Would be great.

Also, I would just like to say, I think this is the true future of PW. I mean, PW itself has gone quite dead, but this... has so many great features to it and lots of people would like a Roman PW, so I believe this can truly revive it. I salute you sir, and wish you the best of luck in your endeavor. And if you need anything modelled, I can help.

Mars250 said:
Sounds good! I have been waiting for something like this! so its a bit early but when do u think you will be able to release this? 1-2 months 1-2 weeks?

suggestion: Itll be hard i know but can you add the greeks?

Suggested troop types for rome and gaul:

Rome:
Centurion (very expensive armour)
Praetorian guard (expensive equipment)
Legonairy (medicore equipment)
Auxilia (spearman and medicore equipment)
Archer (we all know those)
Equite (cavalry with medicore equipment)
citizen (traders serfs stuff like that)

Gaul:
Chieftain (very expensive equipment)
chieftain's guard (expensive equipment)
warrior ( Medicore equipment)
Warband (spears and the like -cheap equipment)
hunter (basically an archer)
worker-rabble (traders and the like - carry small daggers)
the praetorians were the emperors guards themselves so why would they be BELOW centurions who only managed about 80 men?

Nodscouter said:
And by the way, are you thinking about asking Havoc and Wookie for their money dropping system, lumbercutting system and smithing system? Would be great.
Nope. I shall make my own - and better. Lumbercutting/mining is already fully functional. Albeit I won't have falling trees etc, because I highly respect performance. Vanilla PWMod lagged like hell on my computer, FantasyPW was a bit better but I want to make Rome PW as smooth as a praetorians sword.  :razz:

Money-dropping & smithing will be rather easy to do anyway.

Nodscouter said:
Also, I would just like to say, I think this is the true future of PW. I mean, PW itself has gone quite dead, but this... has so many great features to it and lots of people would like a Roman PW, so I believe this can truly revive it. I salute you sir, and wish you the best of luck in your endeavor. And if you need anything modelled, I can help.
Thank you for these very kind words... this really boosts my morale! Off to script!

So I tried making a small signature for the mod, and here is the result:
romanpersisentworld.jpg

Is it worthy oh great one? Or should I resize or anything?

Also, you said that you wanted it to run smoothly, so I'm guessing the maps won't be that big. I guess that's not a problem, seeing as this mod will quite possibly grow alot we will probably attract some map-makers in the progress who can make maps for those of us who have good comps.

Nah, don't sweat it. It's great.

Where do you guys get all those awesome roman pictures  :lol: When I google, nothing comes up.

I actually don't remember. I had a mod quite a while ago which is pretty much dead that I used the same picture on the front page, and then I kinda just saved that pic.

Oh, and here's the code for the sig if you want to use it:
Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,137093.0.html[IMG]http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/571/romanpersisentworld.jpg[/IMG][/url]

I would make a scene if i could, cause I'd love to help but i don't know anything about files so i would probably be more of an obstacle than an aid, but if i knew where the files went and how to make the map properly i would already be on it :grin: - would rather have like roman/gaulish buildings but i suppose for gaul you could probably use some of the nord buildings.
(Also i could beta test this if you want when you are ready to release a beta :wink: )

One more thing: Is this going to be very similar to pwmod, in the way that you get money or is it different?
Some pics would be good too! :grin:

i found a pretty good picture that could be used as part of a signature its a bit big though
http://www.fretnotgospel.com/italy-roman-legionary.jpg
might not be the best thing though

Back
Top Bottom