Aesthetically Presentable Troop Trees Project (v3 - Work in progress)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ogaburan

Sergeant
Here it is, the first fruits of my "Aesthetically Presentable Troop Trees Project".

This is a work in progress.
Featuring;
- General European.
- British Isles.
- Teutonic Order.
- Maghreb.
- Easter Roman Empire.
- Mamluks

Credits;
Major thanks to cheetah, for actually helping and not just saying he will...  :mrgreen:

As troops will be translated I will change the names.
Although,
After volunteering myself to help with the translation, and was given access to the research made into the local names and Latin translation (by Sehran, one of the original researchers). I cant but appreciate the hours that went into making the troop trees with their "foreign" names. Although annoying at times, I am now reluctant about translating.
Anyway, hope this will help in the meanwhile.

So, here it is;
icon_town_02.png

Means troops can be recruited form Villages.
icon_town_07.png

Means troops can be recruited form Towns.
icon_town_04_destroyed.png

Means troops can be recruited form Castles.​

Generic European troop trees, freemen turning into professional soldiers.
(As far as i know you can only get them by freeing them form capture)
EuropeanFreemanTree.jpg

Western European.
European.jpg

Gaelic (Irish).
Irishv1.jpg

Scottish Clans.
Scotish-1.jpg

Teutonic Order.
TeutonicOrder2.jpg

Maghreb.
Maghrab2.jpg

Eastern Roman Empire (aka Latin Empire).
EasternROmanEmpirev1.jpg

Mamluks.
Mamlukv11.jpg

Hope it helps.

Is there any plans to add this Troop trees to the mod [in-game], once the troops are finalized [or at least more stable/beta released]?

Othienka said:
Is there any plans to add this Troop trees to the mod [in-game], once the troops are finalized [or at least more stable/beta released]?

Well, like most small features that dont change game-play, the answer will be a definite "Maybe", lol,  just dont expect it anytime soon.

Excellent work, this has a convincing high quality. It looks very polished and suits the standard of the base-game. Maybe you should offer your help to the devs and create a trooptree-documentary for native & FAS for some pocket-money  :wink:

i would like to make some suggestions:
- the starting unit (from catles, villages, towns) could be highlighted. Perhaps change the picture-frame from black to yellow.
- then add the info of where to recruit this unit. eg in the trooptree-sheet "Western European troop trees, recruited form Villages & Towns."
there is the "pedes de cives" at the left, and the picture shows his troop-name (i guess this is an accident). This name could be changed to "towns".
- when you hover the mouse over the picture a box opens and displays their stats
- when you click the name-box the picture becomes animated and shows them walking and attacking.

:grin: Lobpreis to you!

skullmasher said:
Excellent work, this has a convincing high quality. It looks very polished and suits the standard of the base-game. Maybe you should offer your help to the devs and create a trooptree-documentary for native & FAS for some pocket-money  :wink:

i would like to make some suggestions:
- the starting unit (from catles, villages, towns) could be highlighted. Perhaps change the picture-frame from black to yellow.
- then add the info of where to recruit this unit. eg in the trooptree-sheet "Western European troop trees, recruited form Villages & Towns."
there is the "pedes de cives" at the left, and the picture shows his troop-name (i guess this is an accident). This name could be changed to "towns".
- when you hover the mouse over the picture a box opens and displays their stats
- when you click the name-box the picture becomes animated and shows them walking and attacking.

:grin: Lobpreis to you!

So, point's 1-2 were implemented. The little icon near the base troop's name.

Point 3... I think its ingeniously hidden now :razz:  :mrgreen:

As for the last point, that can be tricky.
I'm not even sure its possible to it on a forum post.

In game it could be done, showing both stats and the random-equipment pool.
Make enough noise... maybe the team will make it a priority, as for now I think its way low on the "To do list".
As the trees are fairly complex - intertwining and not so linear.

Keep the suggestions coming tho.

I'm using the unfinished development version or something like that. I don't have this troop tree... but I'm in the Teutonic Order. I want to get the higher tier troops, but I'm not sure exactly how... :grin:

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently I got different troops now that my relation with the town increased or something. Not sure what happened, but I'm getting actual Order troops now.

Ogaburans Desktop is broken,so he cant do anything at the moment.so,please dont wonder if the next trees are coming only in the next few days.
If u are now asking who i am:
im the one who train the troops,take the screens,make the pre-trees and send it to ogaburan who bring this work to the end to what u see on this page.
i mean, he also do what i do, but he also works on the compagnions stuff,so i try to help as good as i can so that he can really concentarte on the cmpagnions.

PS: There is still one fault; teutonic Order:u get  the "Baltischer Dorfbewohner" in a village and not in a town. this will be changed when ogaburan is back again. so please dont get angry =P

I need a bit on this issue. A lord has asked me to raise seven "Sagittari Masnadieri", and gave me seven "Agricola" for the purpose. Does ANYONE know the proper upgrade order to get him what he wants?

If I remember well, "Sagittari Masnadieri" are top tier archers, so I guess you will have to upgrade your 7 "Agricola" in "Sagittarius thing" (Sagittarius means archers, I guess), then to "Sagittari Masnadieri"

Edit: if you're not sure about it, recruit one more peasant to test on him before taking the wrong upgrade path

Waffenbaum said:
I need a bit on this issue. A lord has asked me to raise seven "Sagittari Masnadieri", and gave me seven "Agricola" for the purpose. Does ANYONE know the proper upgrade order to get him what he wants?

"Sagittari" means archer.  I don't know the exact order of the tree progression but usually as the first upgrade option of peasants is to an archer/crossbow (sagitttari/iaculator) or swords/spear/polearm/mace (gladius/hastatus/giasarme/machaerophors).  So you'll probably want to upgrade to whatever has sagittari in the name until you get to "saggitari masnadieri".  I hope ogaburan has his computer fixed, what a pain to be without one.  Can't wait for the rest of the trees, and Ogaburan, I am sure you already know this but just in case, there are also "cives" and "agricola" trees for western europeans left to do  :wink:

i was a week absent and now i get to know that some factions are cancled^^
deutschordens bogenschütze?
i thought they only exist in the pre version of this mod or did that changed now?
then we can through away our trees here.

Back
Top Bottom