Advice please, I took Tyal as an independent...

Users who are viewing this thread

I've just come back to Bannerlord after a few months off, glad to see theres finally achievements, I'm still trying to get through all the Warband ones!

Anyway, I'm a Tier 3 clan and have just ended my Mercenary contract with Sturgia. I was Tyal had a peasant uprising and the Aserai just besieged Tyal and somehow failed. As I went over towards the town, I saw they had a garrison of around 80 troops left - as one of their parties left the town. I had 144 high level troops - and managed to easily dispatch the party and take over the town

I know in previous patches, you could work for a kingdom as a mercenary with land, but they've patched that out now. I don't want to swear featly to another Kingdom - how on earth can I grind the last 350 renown? Tournaments give hardly any and no Lords of the realm with give me quests as "I only work with mercenaries or Lords of the realm"

I've just come back to Bannerlord after a few months off, glad to see theres finally achievements, I'm still trying to get through all the Warband ones!

Anyway, I'm a Tier 3 clan and have just ended my Mercenary contract with Sturgia. I was Tyal had a peasant uprising and the Aserai just besieged Tyal and somehow failed. As I went over towards the town, I saw they had a garrison of around 80 troops left - as one of their parties left the town. I had 144 high level troops - and managed to easily dispatch the party and take over the town

I know in previous patches, you could work for a kingdom as a mercenary with land, but they've patched that out now. I don't want to swear featly to another Kingdom - how on earth can I grind the last 350 renown? Tournaments give hardly any and no Lords of the realm with give me quests as "I only work with mercenaries or Lords of the realm"

Quests. Profitable enterprises.

Or you should still be able to start a minor war as an independent by raiding someone's village. Then you can farm their parties for renown.

Quests. Profitable enterprises.

Or you should still be able to start a minor war as an independent by raiding someone's village. Then you can farm their parties for renown.
Thank you

The Workshops have been confusing me since the update too - I used to look at the number of villages inputting say wood and go for a wood workshop, but I know its now like a global economy. I should play more often - or maybe just stop playing vanilla aha

You should also be able to get Reknown by forming additional parties using additional family members (if any yet) or using Companions. They will then go around and automatically engage Looters and other bandits. It won't generate a lot, but it will add up over time and will help passively increase your clan level. Another option would be to raise your Trade level and get the perk that allows Caravans or Workshops to generate reknown if they are profitable.

Regarding Workshops, since full release I've had some success by checking a town over time to see if it has at least some of the raw materials available for an existing shop to use, then buying the Workshop and maintaining the existing production instead of changing it to another product. In my playthrough I currently have 6 profitable Workshops. I've only had it happen once so far that a shop was consistently not profitable, so I sold it and bought a different shop in the same town. It's a little bit of a gamble, and wars with villager raids and sieges of the towns can still interfere with production to cause a typically profitable Workshop to not be, but I've found that usually it is a good way to make some passive income. Caravans, though, are the best for me, though it does help to choose a Companion to lead the Caravan that has at least some Trade experience or some skill points in Trade so they can level it quickly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom