Advanced Modders Questions (1 remaining)

Users who are viewing this thread

Q1 Answered
Is there a way to change the mouse over party name, without changing the party name itself. You see I wish to implement the code:
Code:
(try_begin),
(str_store_party_name, s1, ":mouse_over_village"),
(eq, "$starting_town", ":mouse_over_village"),
(str_store_string, s2, "@Your home town of {s1}"),
(else_try),
(str_store_string, s2, s1),
(try_end),
where on the general map it will say (for example) Ambean, but when you mouse over it it will say "Your home town of Ambean"

Q2 Answered
Is there a command to set a troops face? I am making a character faction choice and want to make it so that the character face selection screen starts you off as a nord face, or whatever faction you choose.

Q3 Answered
Can someone direct me or tell me how to use edit mode to edit scenes?

Q4 Answered
How do I make new party templates appear (aka new lords without deleting the old)?

Q5 Answered
How do I stop lords making party's (aka I wish to make it so that you can execute lords, so how do i make it so that they stop spawning?)

Q6
Where can I find the script that affects a bow in relation to power draw?

Q7 Answered
Finally, where can I find the spawn points of lords, and the spawn points of bandits?

To answer your Q1, I would use a simple trigger instead.

Code:
		(0.1,
		[
		    (try_begin),
			    (party_slot_eq, "$starting_village", slot_village_state, 0),
				 (party_set_extra_text, "$starting_village", "@This is your home."),
			 (else_try),
			    (party_slot_eq, "$starting_village", slot_village_state, svs_being_raided),
			    (party_set_extra_text, "$starting_village", "@This is your home. {Being Raided}"),
			 (else_try),
			    (party_slot_eq, "$starting_village", slot_village_state, svs_looted),
				 (party_set_extra_text, "$starting_village", "@This is your home. {Looted}"),
			 (try_end),
		]),

To Q5, change his slot_troop_occupation if you decide he's death. Just define slto_kingdom_hero_death in module_constants.py then set it to slot_troop_occupation of death heroes.
Here's the trigger that respawn him after released from captivity.
  # Respawn hero party after kingdom hero is released from captivity.
  (48,
  [
      (try_for_range, ":troop_no", kingdom_heroes_begin, kingdom_heroes_end),
        (troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_occupation, slto_kingdom_hero),           

Q4 Just use the script (call_script, "script_create_kingdom_hero_party", "trp_custom_lord", "p_random_party"),.

Q2 It's not possible currently as far as I know. There's a command for it in Warband's MS, though.

Q3 Press ALT + ENTER in a scene and then CTRL + E.

Q7 Lords don't have spawn points, they're spawned near the towns with the script_create_kingdom_hero_party. Bandits spawn points are in script_spawn_bandits.

Q6 (again)
Where can I find the script that affects a bow in relation to power draw? Or can someone tell me how I could make it so that as your power draw increases the reload time for a crossbow decreases?

AFAIK it's hardcoded also.
You can simulate it by this :
Make a trigger to check your powerdraw skill change, remove your crossbow and give new crossbow that has recounted  loading time. For each crossbow you need to create 11 variations (for powerdraw 0 to 10), and make sure only one of them appears in marketplace.

Re Questioning Q3
I fugured out how to use edit mode for scenes but I have encountered some problems:

Q3A
How do i make doors that link to other scenes?

Q3B
How do I get the source code for my new scene?

Q3C
Is there a way I can make a scene from scratch? As in no land, no objects, nothing?

Q3C
While Edit Mode is enabled, go to in-game and start a singleplayer campaign. Near the 'Camp' menu should now also be 'Terrain'. Click on it. Do all your stuff then press (I think) CTRL + E and click on the 0xfjeajkgjdkajge stuff that appears now on the screen and copy it to your scene in module_scenes.

Q3B
I'm not completely sure what you meant for it, but the scene itself is a .sco file in Modules/SceneObj folder.

Q3A
That's called a passage. Though I don't know yet how to create one.

Back
Top Bottom