SP - General [Advanced Mechanics] Smithing Rework

Users who are viewing this thread

So I was wondering, is it possible to make Smithing fun , and not a grind cringe of what is it at the moment, then I did find this game

I would strongly recommend TW to watch this video about how crafting could bring a whole new experience to the game, after all, we are playing a roleplaying game that should entice the player to spend more time and enjoy it, enjoy the moment of completion, but instead, we spend more time because we have no choice and have to grind and grind and grind...

Some of the features in the video above
- Manual crafting mini-game.
- The player's skill plays a role (hitting the right spot at the right moment, etc.)
- Advanced crafting commands
- Instruments for crafting items. (we could use this e.g. like this: higher quality of the instrument = better item).

Suggestion for some adjustments for the TW reworked version of the smithing
- Add a real forge location in the game (where the player can keep the materials/instruments etc)
- Make players pay a fee if not owning own forge to maintain the right to keep the stock.
- Add a Job as a Smith - or a permanent quest that can be repeated multiple times (aka something like orders but with progression)
- Increased amount of exp reward for crafted items (since it will take more time)
- Sell/Buy materials directly in the forge location
- Assign your companions to help you at the forge.
- Name your forge
- Brand Sigil for your crafted items.

Last edited:
Your proposed idea works like a minigame. Devs won't change whole system from ground up. Modders can do something new with trial and error and see how works.

Semi automated with very minimal micro management require system could work. Progression based on different activities rather than making X amount of resource or completing X amount of quest.

Back
Top Bottom