Users who are viewing this thread

Was able to play battle test yesterday but now i try to start it up after the 0.8.0 update and it fails to start, Failed to initialize Steam API, i've tried restarting my steam, ran steam as admin, still didnt work, and running the battle test as admin doesnt even work, ive restarted my pc and tried running steam as adim again, and the battle test still cant initialize Steam API, does anyone know how to fix this?

Well I uninstalled the game yesterday, so didn't get the update. But if it's related to Steam API error, then it's almost sure that it's related to TW blockage. Can you open .bat file and remove /singleplayer , save and try again?
I can get it loading, choose units and all. but when I launch a battle it crashes

I can get it loading, choose units and all. but when I launch a battle it crashes
Hmm.. That's something else.
Could you check Native module folder in the game files, go SceneObj folder and check which maps are in there. If your selected map is in among them, then go to BattleTest and delete the XML files in ModuleData ( not the folder )

Well I uninstalled the game yesterday, so didn't get the update. But if it's related to Steam API error, then it's almost sure that it's related to TW blockage. Can you open .bat file and remove /singleplayer , save and try again?
I just tried that and didn't work, i replaced /singleplayer with multiplayer after that and it still cant initialize steam API

Online play is crashing too
This is something else.You need to report that to TW

I just tried that and didn't wok, i replaced /singleplayer with mutliplayer after that and it still cant initialize steam API
Steam is something else too I guess. Because @potetflak seems able to open the game.

Unfortunately, I can't check this right now. I can check and try to update if I reinstall the game soon

I'm able to open the game too. Same thing is happening to me as described above. I've tried the above along with changing managed to native starter.

after removing /singleplayer from the bat i could start the game but like potetflak, my game crashed after i clicked start battle

after removing /singleplayer from the bat i could start the game but like potetflak, my game crashed after i clicked start battle
Could you check Native module folder in the game files, go SceneObj folder and check which maps are in there. If your selected map is in among them, then go to BattleTest and delete the XML files in ModuleData ( not the folder )

If this doesn't work, I'm afraid you have to wait until I check what's happening and I'm not planning to reinstall game anywhere soon

If this doesn't work, I'm afraid you have to wait until I check what's happening and I'm not planning to reinstall game anywhere soon
Still Crashes, maybe Taleworlds has Changed something, like Item IDs

Still Crashes, maybe Taleworlds has Changed something, like Item IDs

I was able to get in game, but crashes upon seeing my character. The horse isn't there and it says something like "loading ruin2"
I feel it has something to do with the new costumes and items.
-I grabbed the mpitem from native and put it in the battletest moduledata folder.

Back
Top Bottom