Advance a troopmember to follower/general

Users who are viewing this thread

So in Warband, I've come across some battles, that were extremly difficult to win... but sometimes I had 1-2 units that just wouldnt die. They would help me turn a 30 v 3 battle (on hardest difficulty, not on easy) where the opponent was made up of at least 10 highest tier units... and I always wanted to reward them...
If you need a crude example:
Shadow of War has this... even if one part is partially random:
1. if you let yourself get killed by an uruk, you can dominate him, basically making a general/follower out of a grunt.
2. if an uruk saves you, you can then promote him to overlord or something.

Just have him with his current looks and Equipment, give him a Name and give him as a Follower.
If people want, they can have an army of 500 individuals, all equipped with the best stuff for them.
This way, not only are battles a money loss... but there is a huge difference if you suddenly lose "Hargar Breitbart" who fought 15 battles with you and killed 40 enemies in them, capturing the opposing duke, in comparison to "just losing 5 knights worth xxx-Money"
This way, not only is your army more customizable, but the emotional weight of starting a battle gives the game a way deeper dynamic.

Especially, since you can watch battles to the end now. Think how satisfying it will be, to see one guy decimating the opponents, while you are unconcious, and then beeing able to have that badass permanently (until killed) in your army.

Back
Top Bottom