Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Trojan

Votes: 7 7.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Man Who Laughs said:
Well, maybe it's just an issue with restrictive rule sets which causes boredom? Or the inflow of smelly NW players (joke!). 11-12 years olds i agree, but some of the most important clan leaders and servers owners are 13-14 years old, by important I mean that they are kind of keeping mods alive. I'm 15, started my first server when I was 14, and started administrating only a few weeks after turning 14. There are plenty of 15-20 year olds who cause as much annoyance as those younger players. I think the younger players are more likely to rage and moan, whereas the older players in their mid to late teens tend to sit in ts with friends laughing while they troll other players, or planning it all out on steam chat.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm 16 as of currently and have been running the RCC clan and server since I was 14. It's just the fact that there are those who are mature for their age (to a degree) and those that are just normal (immature).

And S0mebody delighted in correcting me concerning the number of banned. Not 300. 670.

it will be always a mistery how many players you have banned for personal reasons and how many was banned for rules breaking. IMMATURE? WHO KNOWS? it does not matter now. the very best admins were in OCEANIA before game become popular again. PLAYERS CAN talk this days and be understand by small team of RCC. ONCE we become popular again majority of rcc admins destroyed our fun for sake of clan playing/respect/coruption.

PW SERvers will not achieve level of freedom as long as admin tams will not forget about themselves. IMPOSIIBle IMO AND THIS IS why i am strongly against any admin team. but if i hae to name one it will be:

old rcc:
-splint
-metalhead
-others..(I AM SRY I do not remember)

PS I AM sry for caps but my keyboard goeas random :sad:

I remember how about 3-4 weeks ago there were many questions on aachen or union "why dont you guys play on rcc anymore" and 90% of answers were like "****ty admins". Sad but true.
Oh and btw i dont think that this poll can really show what admins community likes the most because admins of servers can vote for them themselves :razz:

chuhduh said:
I remember how about 3-4 weeks ago there were many questions on aachen or union "why dont you guys play on rcc anymore" and 90% of answers were like "****ty admins". Sad but true.
Oh and btw i dont think that this poll can really show what admins community likes the most because admins of servers can vote for them themselves :razz:

Don't bash the RCC team until you've been in it, I have.

The RCC system / Team were the most sophisticated team there was, no doubt. I do believe that it went a bit heywire with the barrage of CS.

RCC got the concept down to a T, it's an RP mod and the server and it's rules / map would encourage you to do so, aswell as the team. Problem is everyone just wants 100k off the bat, heavy armor, a GS, to join a faction and war it out.

The fact is that people hate on RCC because of the map, hard economy and more. It's allways been VoS, there was nothing wrong with the RCC team from what I saw thankyou...

And don't give me that 'Oh you're just Pro-RCC CUZ WUZ OR R IN RCC', no, I'm pro TnT since that's the server I hosted and had a great time doing so.

Good discussions going on here, great!

On another note I agree with Natus. Although Never being in the RCC team it is obvious that they have one of the most organised and well trained admin team throughout PW. They have had over 100 players regularly throughout the year and even though some servers have risen above them from time to time, RCC always seem to make a comeback. Also I agree, many people dislike RCC due to systems they have in place, just as natus said the admins make it hard for the players to build up to a strong economy. For example after a server reset, servers such as Aachen, Union and even TnT gave a set refund. I went onto RCC after a reset and after asking for a refund the reply was 'Ask on forums with a screenshot' this may not be liked by many players, but again this system stops everyone from becoming rich and fighting it out.

This is a very interesting thread!

From what I saw and I did.

For example: I saw on RCC an excellent banking system, United had the old school, with admins who knew the real responsability of being admin, nowadays that's something hard to see, but not impossible. TnT had a good admin team too, we had a great boss, and I saw a lot of skills in some new admins.

In my opinion, dealing with people from your same country only has 1 good point: they speak your language, but rules are rules, and as admin you have to proceed according to different factors like the situation, how the accused broke the rule, if he/she is new or not, etc; but player's nationality  isn't an important factor when the admin has to deal with problems. Admins must do the best for the server and the community, not the best for their comrades.

I think being admin is not a gift, or a reward, it's the sacrifice of the time that you spend playing in the server and use it for admining, and take a bit more time from other stuff

Also I think all admins need a break, they are humans, not machines, they have personal life, problems, and it's more important life's responsabilities than game's responsabilities.

But I'm speaking about have more hours admining than playing in all the time spent in games( undercover or not, playing is playing), for example, if you are going to spend 6 hours on PW, use 5 of them admining, if you have a mate or mates covering you, then you can take a break, else, you must keep working until you finish) , probably that's the first point that a new admin has to learn.

But the objetive of this post isn't blame someone because it's my opinion and all servers have bad and good admins.

chuhduh said:

I disagree. Only part of this community are part of an admin team. This poll is more aimed at players of servers rather than admins, although of course they may vote.

uniyubi said:
chuhduh said:

Don't bash the RCC team until you've been in it, I have.

The RCC system / Team were the most sophisticated team there was, no doubt. I do believe that it went a bit heywire with the barrage of CS.

RCC got the concept down to a T, it's an RP mod and the server and it's rules / map would encourage you to do so, aswell as the team. Problem is everyone just wants 100k off the bat, heavy armor, a GS, to join a faction and war it out.

The fact is that people hate on RCC because of the map, hard economy and more. It's allways been VoS, there was nothing wrong with the RCC team from what I saw thankyou...

And don't give me that 'Oh you're just Pro-RCC CUZ WUZ OR R IN RCC', no, I'm pro TnT since that's the server I hosted and had a great time doing so.
I have played on RCC for about 3 months or so. You can always blame map/economy etc cause its easier but you can just check their forum ban appeals and look at their decisions or ask around, its not my opinion, its just fact that most of community went away from rcc because of their admins.

The problem is you asked the wrong people...we had over 300 people on our ban list.  That is a damn large number so many sources are most definatley one of that lot.  I was and still am in the RCC staff and it amazed me how coordinated and well organized the staff was.  Notice I said "Was".  Sadly there have been many downfalls, but we are a staff that holds strong and steadfast through tough times unlike every server I've seen.  I know the community will pick back up, its just a mtter of time.  You must ponder many different factors in order to see this. 

I like some admin teams I really do, but quite frankly none will most likely ever be as well put together as the rcc team. 

A few pluses:
1. The RCC team is well led and gets rid of the bad apples as quickly as I can snap my fingers.
2. The RCC team has a bond of friendship that allows for better quality work to get done.
3. The RCC team has a sense of loyalty that I have only seen in the server owners of servers.

Now, I cans ee the flames and "Oh snarl snarl thats bull ****!" coming, but my simple answer is this: Forums are meant for discussing and usually arguing of the smarter variety than the average joe.  We are the smarter lot; thus, I expect intelligent and well coordinated attacks against my post rather than what is in quotes :wink:

I just got banned for absolutely no reason. I just got back into the server when it crashed and I came back on, I got a refund for my gold and I went to Praven, was riding there a couple of minutes and I see I was kicked and then banned with absolutely no reason. Why did I get banned?

Nubcake said:
I just got banned for absolutely no reason. I just got back into the server when it crashed and I came back on, I got a refund for my gold and I went to Praven, was riding there a couple of minutes and I see I was kicked and then banned with absolutely no reason. Why did I get banned?
Lol.

Nubcake said:

You don't remember calling the admin a "dirty ****"?

Sir Edwards said:
The problem is you asked the wrong people...we had over 300 people on our ban list.  That is a damn large number so many sources are most definatley one of that lot.  I was and still am in the RCC staff and it amazed me how coordinated and well organized the staff was.  Notice I said "Was".  Sadly there have been many downfalls, but we are a staff that holds strong and steadfast through tough times unlike every server I've seen.  I know the community will pick back up, its just a mtter of time.  You must ponder many different factors in order to see this. 

I like some admin teams I really do, but quite frankly none will most likely ever be as well put together as the rcc team. 

A few pluses:
1. The RCC team is well led and gets rid of the bad apples as quickly as I can snap my fingers.
2. The RCC team has a bond of friendship that allows for better quality work to get done.
3. The RCC team has a sense of loyalty that I have only seen in the server owners of servers.

Now, I cans ee the flames and "Oh snarl snarl thats bull ****!" coming, but my simple answer is this: Forums are meant for discussing and usually arguing of the smarter variety than the average joe.  We are the smarter lot; thus, I expect intelligent and well coordinated attacks against my post rather than what is in quotes :wink:
What makes you think that community will return to you? I saw you being 100% sure on your site that when new map's up you ll get all your players back, but everyone is still ignoring your server(except a few donators+admins :smile:). Now i guess you are going to try another popular-ostdale map in as a final chance, but you ll see, you still wont have your players back. And the reason is simple : everyone has played on your server even if they didnt like it because they had no choice at all. Now they do have a choice and im 100% sure that chosing between for example union and yours noone wil choose urs.
Im saying the thing about choice because i know huge ammount of rcc players who hated it and they went to union or even spirit/trojan and are happy there and, trust me, all i have heard is bad things so i dont see any reason for them to come back.
Now talking about your 3 points(i ll maybe say harsh things now but i mean no offence, seriously)
1-lie. do i really have to explain why?
2-no, i d say its even a bad thing. Especially in your case it hurts community a lot and one of main reasons you lost your players.
3-thats a good thing for sure, wont argue. Sadly its not enough to return your player because you definitely dont learn on your mistakes, but gl, continue waiting for them :smile:

For the love of God, I understand if your grammar is bad (so is mine), but you can at least write the words that you do can correctly.
Is it so hard to write "your(s)" instead of "urs"?
Is it so hard to type out "good luck" and not "gl"?

Thanks. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom