Admin - idiot? Yes/No

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeuD.ef

Sergeant at Arms
I had accident just on server DM - the admin BLACK11111, it having presented as SPANKY in-game chat - kick and ban us from a server because 4 persons wanted duels but only it one wished to play simply DM.
When we have asked to observe duel rules - it has refused to us, has spoilt on game and has made ban.
When we have passed on empty server - it has appeared in the same place and again us has ban from a server.
It had nick BLACK111111. A server Armagen_WE_love (DM) and Battlegrounds_EU (CTF).

I consider such behaviour of the administrator unacceptable, and the admin - the idiot.

The administrator has incurred public function and has no right to arrive as it wants. I offer or take off the data of a server from the betta-test (I will write to developers) or to delete this person from administrators.

I know what he means, I was there too.

We were duelling on a server and one guy (Blackiiiiiiiii but claiming to be spanky the hoster of the server) joins in wanting to play stright deathmatch. We asked him to stop interfering with the duels at least 5 or 6 times and he refused saying "there's no other players to play with and no other deathmatch server".

Firstly, there is another deathmatch server - the US one. Also if he wants other player's to play with it would help if he didn't ruin their game.

So we polled to kick him first and he overruled it as admin. Then we polled a ban after another 10 mins or so. He overruled that too and said "don't worry I'll find another server" then banned all the other players.

If this isn't an abuse of admin rights I don't know what is. Also, we could really do with an official Deathmatch server for EU players and an official duel server would be a great idea.

Hope this helps and is dealt with soon.

rofl

So you were on a private server.
Owned by a private individual.

The owner comes on to play his game and because you made up some rules of your own that he does not want to observe on his server. You try to kick and ban him.

Then you moan when you all get banned?!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

But seriously, you can't really do anything about what Spanky did, it his privately owned server. That said, I guess you could take it up with Armagan, but at the most you would probably just get Spanky removed as a server host, which isn't a good thing in any case.

The whole issue between duelers/non duellers really needs to be sorted out, and it would be great if we could get Armagan's take on dueling and players forcing rules on others (this is a beta people!), even if it only means the official servers get closure on the matter.

On both servers spanky is an admin.
So yeh its probably spanky, but those servers are run on his own pc... kinda gives him some extra rights.

he has the Dedicated server files...
So if he hosts a server on his own pc... He can make himself an admin just on his servers.
"Battlegrounds CTF", "22nd spanky server" and "we_love_armagan" is hosted on his pc.

MaHuD said:
So if he hosts a server on his own pc... He can make himself an admin just on his servers.
"Battlegrounds CTF", "22nd spanky server" and "we_love_armagan" is hosted on his pc.

and EU_beaver is hosted on my server

I started a Deathmatch Server simpley to play deathmatch, i enter the game, people are constantly telling me its a duel server. I again ask them politly its not a DUEL server and people are allowed to play as they wish.

Insted they start 3 polls against me? To Ban me on my own freaking server where i have clearly told them its not a duel server... my paticents ran out after 15 min of flaming against me, trying to ban me, beeing so unpolite after i again and again told them that hijacking servers and then banning people who wish to play deathmatch is NOT OKAY.... they are allowed to duel on a deathmatch server, but people interupting their duels can not be banned or should be

in the end i simpley boiled over against their stupid childish behaviour... i personaly hate duel nazis hijacking servers... but i stod out against 3 polls and tons of flaming against me... i hosting a server for free helping commnity out and this is what they give me? No respect hijacking my server?

I have only given out 1 ban past 2 months and that was against "HITLER"... this time i gave out 4 bans... these beeing my only 5 bans in past few months.. i personaly hate bans/kicks but i had no choice against these idiots.

I dont have to explain myself but still am :p

CRY more idiots.. if you ever getonto my server its ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban for life for you **** idiots... noones ever pissed me off like that before.

/Spanky - the one that banned your group

Highelf said:
MaHuD said:

Not trying to derail the thread too much, but how? Would be useful if I could host a server for IRC clan training stuff for example. What's the criteria to get these "files"?

within this week we are opening 6 more servers.... the server section will probably be flooded by then... but you can always ask for files... but i dont think chances are high to get these files... only chanes to get them depends on your geographical location.... i think only 1 place is missing

AFRIKA... if your from afrika you got good chances on getting these files i guess ^^ haha

Highelf said:
MaHuD said:

Not trying to derail the thread too much, but how? Would be useful if I could host a server for IRC clan training stuff for example. What's the criteria to get these "files"?
PM daegoth I think, or Armagan.

If it is private server Spanky, why it in the list of servers of game for which I have paid? Payment of licence MnB and key check in the betta-test Warband the publisher guarantees to me, as to the buyer, certain rights. Including to play those servers which appear in the list of the paid variant of game. Therefore, now we have a case which further, in the presence of the paid release варбанда, can lead to legal conflicts between users and publishers.
I advise to developers and publishers attentively to study this point in question. I would not like to buy game which will control any there spanky on the server. We will present that after release such there will be a ten and more. What then? And then I will simply access to the lawyer and I will make the claim to the publisher of game.

Besides the private server should be with the password for its independent private games.
Well both the behaviour of this administrator and its answers in a subject show bad human qualities.

So Spanky opens his server for public use. You play in it and create your own house rules which Spanky disagrees with. You try to ban him twice so he bans you. Then you come and threaten to sue the games company for something that has nothing to do with that and that Spanky has every right to do. And it's a free beta. Testing comes first, not fun. If you're not having fun don't threaten to sue for something which they allow you to play for free

NeuD.ef said:
If it is private server Spanky, why it in the list of servers of game for which I have paid? Payment of licence MnB and key check in the betta-test Warband the publisher guarantees to me, as to the buyer, certain rights. Including to play those servers which appear in the list of the paid variant of game. Therefore, now we have a case which further, in the presence of the paid release варбанда, can lead to legal conflicts between users and publishers.
I advise to developers and publishers attentively to study this point in question. I would not like to buy game which will control any there spanky on the server. We will present that after release such there will be a ten and more. What then? And then I will simply access to the lawyer and I will make the claim to the publisher of game.

Besides the private server should be with the password for its independent private games.
Well both the behaviour of this administrator and its answers in a subject show bad human qualities.

Spanky has no admin powers on other servers, only on those he owns and operates.  Furthermore, he has a right to ban you from those servers at any time he sees fit.  Furthermore again, you have no "right" to access any available servers.  Beta testing is a privelege granted by Taleworlds.  Your ownership of the vanilla game has no bearing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom