SP - General Addressing high attrition in nobles using surplus rebellion party leaders

Users who are viewing this thread

Antaeus

Squire
With death enabled for nobles, there is attrition over time. Even with a low death rate, more nobles may die than can be replaced by children. I actually prefer a higher death rate, but that creates a hollowing out effect of clans.

Nobles should die in battle. And given the nature of the weapons involved, nobles should die more frequently than 2% of the times they fall.

But the more nobles die, the fewer nobles there are in game, the harder it is for clans to remain viable. Especially minor clans. So we need a way to believably refresh clans in game that is over and above marriage and childbirth. A way that brings new adults into a clan. A way that is feasible within the existing game mechanics.

Currently, when a rebellion occurs and a city is recaptured, it's remaining noble parties melt away after a certain number of days. This is a waste of good motivated free nobles who could be used to address the shortage in other factions.

Perhaps I could suggest that those nobles instead seek out the nearest culturally appropriate clan or minor clan (depending on war status), and pledge for them. Thus, the more wars there are - along with higher chances for noble death, there are also higher chances for rebel nobles to 'top up' waning clans.

Why waste good nobles, when there are clans who are running short?

With death enabled for nobles, there is attrition over time. Even with a low death rate, more nobles may die than can be replaced by children. I actually prefer a higher death rate, but that creates a hollowing out effect of clans.

Nobles should die in battle. And given the nature of the weapons involved, nobles should die more frequently than 2% of the times they fall.

The problem is that nobles only dies in battle scenarios, never in simulated battles and that they are often the first to fall in these battles. I like the risk of them dying but they should be more carefull than troops, not less.

Currently, when a rebellion occurs and a city is recaptured, it's remaining noble parties melt away after a certain number of days. This is a waste of good motivated free nobles who could be used to address the shortage in other factions.

Perhaps I could suggest that those nobles instead seek out the nearest culturally appropriate clan or minor clan (depending on war status), and pledge for them. Thus, the more wars there are - along with higher chances for noble death, there are also higher chances for rebel nobles to 'top up' waning clans.

Why waste good nobles, when there are clans who are running short?

Having these nobles join other factions, as something in between familly member and companion is a good but abit unfair solition.

A successfull faction never gets revolts of their culture - Hence no new nobles will ever spawn.
An unsuccessfull faction might get revolts all the time - Hence their clans, now shattered between all other realms, well grow thick.

I would be more in favour to a AI noble replenishment. When a landed AI clan needs a noble, due to their low numbers, they might spawn in an adult distant familymember to fill the void. I hate to see landed clans dying.

So what should they get? I´d propose 2 templates. "General" and "Governor". They would get two level 10 character, 35 years old. Married to eachother. Random but different gender. They would be speced to have a good development in their area. This is AI only, as I said. They have this instead of Player companions.
When can they call for this? Maybe when they are down on 1 adult clanmember?
Will they allways do? Probably..?
Should they allways do? I think, as I hate landed clans dying. But that´s my humble subjective opinion.

Back
Top Bottom