Address missing CONTENT as a priority over fixing BUGS..

Users who are viewing this thread

They should at least fix the perks. Most of them don't work without modifications (Tyni's fixes and Community patch, both on Nexus).

Id just love to play one run through without a quest bug or NPC interaction glitch corrupting my save file. I did use alot of mods like those previously, but then every new patch your game is broken until the mod dev has updated.

Id just love to play one run through without a quest bug or NPC interaction glitch corrupting my save file. I did use alot of mods like those previously, but then every new patch your game is broken until the mod dev has updated.

Oh I agree, that's why I only use a select few. I've had no problems from update to update with either of these. I felt like it was necessary since most perks don't work, and your troops don't level (I didn't feel like fighting looters 500 days in just to level my troops). Anyway, just an option for others.

If the core game is bugged and unstable, everything added on top of that is just as shaky and buggy, and then core problems can't even be fixed. Build a strong, stable core game, and THEN the additional elements can be individually added on and fixed.

So nope. The op is totally wrong.

I don't care if the early access takes another year. Take all the time. Don't rush it. Build a strong core.

If the core game is bugged and unstable, everything added on top of that is just as shaky and buggy, and then core problems can't even be fixed. Build a strong, stable core game, and THEN the additional elements can be individually added on and fixed.

I don't care if the early access takes another year. Take all the time. Don't rush it. Build a strong core.

I liked everything you said until the last line. "early access' should not be an invitation to have a game indefinitely in development. Game is half implemented and ive stioll not been able ot play through without save file corruption, unavoidable crashes or game ending glitches.

Seems like all the best game ideas these days are being run on a combination of strong marketing, fanboi hype and a broken refund gateway.

Yea, there's really no point in adding lots of content without fixing the bugs in existing modules.

To put it differently - do you think an automobile manufacturer puts the entire car together then tests it as one piece? Or do they rigorously test each module to make sure it is robust first?

Although, given the reliability of some cars maybe some manufacturers are using the first approach... :grin:

+1

It ultimately takes more work to slam in new content when large bugs are still being worked on. There was a nasty bug that didn't have quest NPC's cleanly exit after their use was done and that caused all sorts of ripples for buggy performance. That bug took a while to fix but it is hard to work on other things when something like that is causing disruptive things because time would be wasted trying to see if the new content caused that bug when the next build was released and the bug reports only increased

Since 1.4.0 they've added one new quest. It's not a big deal, but it may be a good sign that we can expect more content in the future updates.

But I'm still waiting when modders will be able to create new quests and new stuff for the game.

I'm just concerned when I see so many balancing changes to gains when most policies and kingdom management currently isn't in the game or doesn't do anything, surely much of it will be effected once those features are working.

Yeah this doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. I mean without all the main kingdom management features in game, how does anyone really know if we were previously getting too much influence or too much gold?

Also, something else that I have been thinking about is that we honestly don't have any idea of what will be a feature or what won't. For example, I am still waiting for actual city/castle management to be added because just queing up upgrades ISN'T cit/castle management. The thing is, I have no clue if Taleworld has something in the grand plan or if what we got is the extent of what we are going to get. It would be really nice to what is missing for example.

Of course this helps the modders too because why waste time adding features that will eventually be added when you can work on things that won't be added.

I guess this is why I too wish they would focus on adding in all the missing content, even if it isn't completely balanced or polished.

we have 4 of this thread every day just come back in a few months if you can't stand them prioritizing their game running at all for people, take a look at the technical support board.

I totally agree...

Without nearly every feature it's impossible to really test the game...

That's what we see on the suggestion forum... Many suggestions but we don't know what's complete and what's not... So probably half the suggestions are useless/unsuitable with the vision of TW.

The perfect exemple is just above...
Too many money ? Too many influence ? No one can really test and tell if it's balanced because so many features are missing.

Of course it's an EA so I'm not asking complète/fully functional features... But we need vision if devs wants us to test and give usefull feedback.

If they add more content right now, fixing bugs will take way longer time in future so nope, they should fix vast majority of bugs first then start adding content to a clean page...

Yeah this doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. I mean without all the main kingdom management features in game, how does anyone really know if we were previously getting too much influence or too much gold?
I totally agree...

Without nearly every feature it's impossible to really test the game...

That's what we see on the suggestion forum... Many suggestions but we don't know what's complete and what's not... So probably half the suggestions are useless/unsuitable with the vision of TW.

The perfect exemple is just above...
Too many money ? Too many influence ? No one can really test and tell if it's balanced because so many features are missing.

Of course it's an EA so I'm not asking complète/fully functional features... But we need vision if devs wants us to test and give usefull feedback.

You guys are just wrong. Its very easy to tell if something is out of wack for influence and gold. You simply compare it to everything else. Council of the Commons, a single policy, accounted for 50% of all influence gain for kingdoms, but not all kingdoms would get it as a policy. This created a massive imbalance in influence between kingdoms. You can compare gold generation for kingdoms overall and balance off of that.

Just because they know there will be new features doesn't mean they can't balance and fix things now when its less complex. If they can get things somewhat stable now, it is even easier to implement new features. Oh gonna add in patrols that cost XXX amount, you can simply adjust tax income to be higher to balance it out, but if everything was still out of wack then it needs to be added into the equation of the how to fix the problem.

Same kind of mentality was there in 2016. We learned at first hand that it doesn't lead to anywhere good. So far a development hell, fixing bugs that the last bugfix patch introduced, seemingly an infinite cycle..

Back
Top Bottom