SP - General Additional small-weapon slot only for dagger class/throwing knife kit

Users who are viewing this thread

htlaets

We all know that daggers,knives and their throwing variants are mostly ignored. But daggers were very common and used in battlefields in both past and modern times.
The main reason it is not used in this game is because the biggest advantage of this weapon is neglected: the compactness,it is the easiest weapon to carry and can be put on your belt and forget about it.
It is the weapon of last resort.

So i think to allow for more creative character builds, asthetic reasons,and to rise the usefulness of this weapon class, they should implement a separate "small weapon slot" only reserved for a dagger, knife or throwing variant. My idea is: you could experiment with your characters normal weapon slots and leave the dagger in its slot and would always have it with you when you realise you need it.

PS: I would give most weapons the option to be throwable. All spear-like weapons, axes, 1handed swords, maces can be thrown quite easily and effectively at short distances.

Not a bad idea, anyone knows if adding additional slots is possible trough mods?

Daggers would be actually useful and be used with this implementation . Their compactness is their biggest strength in comparison to other weapons, and from what i saw, their stats need to be buffed, some daggers i saw in singleplayer had worse piercing stats in comparison to swords which is just wrong.
Double edged Daggers with pointy profile stab as well as swords. Like i said, daggers needs more appreciation and be put into their rightful place as one of the most common and used weapon in close combat.

I logged in just to make this suggestion.. Daggers were always on of the most necessary weapons for all soldiers, great for hand to hand combat, able to poke the enemy through a small opening etc..

Throwing daggers is not a bad idea (as nobody really uses them anyway I guess) but a dagger should 100% become an option.. Plus they are really nice looking so it is a shame we cannot fit them in our gear.

+1

Last edited:
I like carrying only a large dagger in towns with my "civilian" outfit, as it's a nice bit of RP and gives you a challenge in situations like gang fights.

However, it could be useful in a dedicated slot as you described. It would be especially viable for those who carry long weapons with shields and bows, or those that prefer to use two handed weapons and stacks of throwables, for example. Having an extra dagger would allow you to get in high-damage stabs on armoured targets at close range and in tight spaces, where the use of spears or large axes is difficult.

+1

Agree, daggers are way to much underrated but they were essentials in medieval combat and live. And just giving them a slot would not make them stronger but more used and even that benefits the immersion.

+1

Back
Top Bottom