B Tutorial Other Adding things such as overhead stab, crouching, extra formations options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Ah, that's good to know. Where did you get them? Or did you make them yourself?

Actually, never mind. I got it all to work with animations from Native:
Code:
 ["crouch_pike", 0, amf_client_prediction,
   [3.3, "staff_cstance", 0, 60, arf_use_stand_progress|arf_cyclic, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.0], 
 ],
 ["crouch_pike_recover", 0, amf_priority_parried|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
   [1.2, "staff_cstance", 10, 11, arf_blend_in_3, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.0],  
 ], 
 ["ready_overswing_spear", acf_overswing, amf_priority_attack|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_use_inertia|amf_keep|amf_client_owner_prediction,
   [ready_durn, "attacks_staff_thrust_overhead", 6, 21, blend_in_ready],
 ],
 ["release_overswing_spear", acf_overswing, amf_priority_attack|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play|amf_continue_to_next,
   [0.6, "attacks_staff_thrust_overhead", 21, 43, blend_in_release], 
 ],
 ["release_overswing_spear_continue", 0, amf_priority_continue|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play|amf_client_owner_prediction,
   [0.3, "attacks_staff_thrust_overhead", 43, 50, arf_blend_in_2],
 ],
 ["parried_overswing_spear", 0, amf_priority_parried|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
   [0.3, "attacks_staff_thrust_overhead", 50, 43, arf_blend_in_2],
 ],
 ["blocked_overswing_spear", 0, amf_priority_blocked|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
 ],
 ["reload_pistol_half", 0, amf_priority_reload|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
   [1.2, "reload_pistol_new", 125, 250, arf_blend_in_3],
 ],
 ["ready_overswing_musket", acf_rot_vertical_sword|acf_overswing, amf_priority_attack|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_use_inertia|amf_keep|amf_client_owner_prediction|amf_rider_rot_thrust,
  [ready_durn, "javelin_thrust_overhead", 0, 48, blend_in_ready],
 ],
 ["release_overswing_musket", acf_rot_vertical_sword|acf_overswing, amf_priority_attack|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play|amf_continue_to_next|amf_rider_rot_thrust,
  [0.55, "javelin_thrust_overhead", 48, 78, blend_in_release],
 ],
 ["release_overswing_musket_continue", 0, amf_priority_continue|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play|amf_client_owner_prediction|amf_rider_rot_thrust,
  [0.3, "javelin_thrust_overhead", 79, 95, arf_blend_in_2],
 ],
 ["parried_overswing_musket", 0, amf_priority_parried|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
  [0.3, "javelin_thrust_overhead", 95, 79, blend_in_parry],
 ],
 ["blocked_overswing_musket", 0, amf_priority_blocked|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
 ],

Autolykos said:
They're Taleworlds related animations that have just floated around for ages. I'm sure they're as free to use as anything bundled in Warband.

Okay, thanks for your help figuring that out. And sorry for me kinda implying your stuff might be borrowed from WFAS/VC  :oops:

Autolykos said:
Okay, thanks for your help figuring that out. And sorry for me kinda implying your stuff might be borrowed from WFAS/VS  :oops:
No problem. That might have been the case 6 years ago when WFAS released, but since Warband got updated past 1.143 and includes a lot of features of WFAS built into the game (including the animation code) then I'd say it's within the realm of legality.

Deathstruck92 said:
Is it possible to add the Mordhau/Halfswording functions to already existing swords?
Yeah but you need an extra item slot after the item for mode switching.
A lot easier to do in source but if you can move the item to unused item slots it's possible, but you need to understand what you're doing.

hello.i'm Chinese Player.

I want to download the Overhead stabbing (1h)brf

But it seemed ineffective Download.

Who can help me?

thank you very much.

I'm confused about weapon order in text. Let's say I want to add half-swording to great sword. I find it in the .txt, find the line for great sword and change the name of the example you gave in the OP, then paste it at the bottom? Would that not crash the game?

RedRockRun said:
I'm confused about weapon order in text. Let's say I want to add half-swording to great sword. I find it in the .txt, find the line for great sword and change the name of the example you gave in the OP, then paste it at the bottom? Would that not crash the game?
As far as i know, items that use the x button to switch mode (which is the case for the halfswording ability) need to come one after the other. The best bet would be to place the new item and the alternate version of it on the botton, right before the item called itens_end.

For it to shown on the cheatmenu, you would need to add it via tweaking more txt files on the game. I f you search the forum on this same board (The Forge), you might get a link on how to do it
(It's easy, don't be afraid to try)

Also, don't forget to change the item count on the top of itens.txt file to include any more that you added.

JhonBrazil said:
As far as i know, items that use the x button to switch mode (which is the case for the halfswording ability) need to come one after the other. The best bet would be to place the new item and the alternate version of it on the botton, right before the item called itens_end.

For it to shown on the cheatmenu, you would need to add it via tweaking more txt files on the game. I f you search the forum on this same board (The Forge), you might get a link on how to do it
(It's easy, don't be afraid to try)

Also, don't forget to change the item count on the top of itens.txt file to include any more that you added.

Why would I be adding new items when I'm just trying to add an alt of something? All I want to do is add a half sword option to existing weapons. Do I need to replace the existing lines with with new ones that allow for an alt use? Like if I have a sword in the text, do I delete that line and replace it along with adding the second line for the actual half-swording? For instance OP's example (halfswordable) is in the lines. I guess I'd have to do that with every item I want to change?

With "items_end" I was able to find this in the mod's .txt

itm_items_end Items_End Items_End 1  shield_round_a 0  0 0 1 0 0.000000 100 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Only there are items listed after it.

Autolykos said:

Actually, never mind. I got it all to work with animations from Native:
Code:
 ["crouch_pike", 0, amf_client_prediction,
   [3.3, "staff_cstance", 0, 60, arf_use_stand_progress|arf_cyclic, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.0], 
 ],
 ["crouch_pike_recover", 0, amf_priority_parried|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
   [1.2, "staff_cstance", 10, 11, arf_blend_in_3, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.0],  
 ], 
 ["ready_overswing_spear", acf_overswing, amf_priority_attack|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_use_inertia|amf_keep|amf_client_owner_prediction,
   [ready_durn, "attacks_staff_thrust_overhead", 6, 21, blend_in_ready],
 ],
 ["release_overswing_spear", acf_overswing, amf_priority_attack|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play|amf_continue_to_next,
   [0.6, "attacks_staff_thrust_overhead", 21, 43, blend_in_release], 
 ],
 ["release_overswing_spear_continue", 0, amf_priority_continue|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play|amf_client_owner_prediction,
   [0.3, "attacks_staff_thrust_overhead", 43, 50, arf_blend_in_2],
 ],
 ["parried_overswing_spear", 0, amf_priority_parried|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
 ],
 ["blocked_overswing_spear", 0, amf_priority_blocked|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
 ],
 ["reload_pistol_half", 0, amf_priority_reload|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
   [1.2, "reload_pistol_new", 125, 250, arf_blend_in_3],
 ],
 ["ready_overswing_musket", acf_rot_vertical_sword|acf_overswing, amf_priority_attack|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_use_inertia|amf_keep|amf_client_owner_prediction|amf_rider_rot_thrust,
  [ready_durn, "javelin_thrust_overhead", 0, 48, blend_in_ready],
 ],
 ["release_overswing_musket", acf_rot_vertical_sword|acf_overswing, amf_priority_attack|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play|amf_continue_to_next|amf_rider_rot_thrust,
  [0.55, "javelin_thrust_overhead", 48, 78, blend_in_release],
 ],
 ["release_overswing_musket_continue", 0, amf_priority_continue|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play|amf_client_owner_prediction|amf_rider_rot_thrust,
  [0.3, "javelin_thrust_overhead", 79, 95, arf_blend_in_2],
 ],
 ["parried_overswing_musket", 0, amf_priority_parried|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
 ],
 ["blocked_overswing_musket", 0, amf_priority_blocked|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
 ],

Hey, Aukokylos, thanks for your added info, but it looks to me that the magic bullet to not getting the Viking Conquest serialization key request comes from commenting out one of the lines suggested for adding to module.ini under the "1.168" options:
Code:
### Warband options since 1.168   <-- something HERE is causing Viking Conquest serial key demand!
## operation_set_version = 1168  # to force new version of engine API  <<-- THIS forces VC serial # popup
supports_directx_7 = 1
reduce_texture_loader_memory_usage = 1  # this should improve loading time by making it multithread
use_case_insensitive_mesh_searches = 1
use_texture_degration_cache = 1 #improve loading times but generate chache files.
use_scene_unloading = 1
auto_compute_party_radius = 1 #helps space, select if mod has large icons
## disable_disband_on_terrain_type = 0
## use_strict_pathfinding_for_ships = 0 #keeps ships at sea for sea-to-sea routes
## disable_force_leaving_conversations = 1 #no TAB end in conversations.
shorter_pistol_aiming = 1 #add pistols to the exception just like in crossbow and muskets
apply_all_ammo_damage_modifiers = 1
maximum_number_of_notification_messages = 6 #msg in battle. Common 10
ai_decide_direction_according_to_damage = 1
far_plane_distance = 2000 #Default is 1250 cm
battle_size_min = 30 #minimum battle size for module
battle_size_max = 150 #maximum battle size for module
blood_multiplier = 6.0 #chief aumentado
# consider_weapon_length_for_weapon_quality = 1 #weapon selection
use_bordered_shadow_sampler = 0

Some of those look like great ideas, so sometime I'll uncomment them a few at a time and find the culprits.  I've been plagued by T-stances for some time with dual stab spears so maybe this time's the charm.

EDIT: uncommented as now above seems to work, at least I don't get a Viking Conquest serial key check.  I didn't buy VC and its likely other mod makers following the first post did so they simply never got the message popup.

What should I do if the mod I'm trying to add the 2h overhead spear animation to doesn't have the *_overswing_spear lines? And *_overswing_musket lines too. The mod is A Clash of Kings 7.1. The creator seems to have removed them completely.

I could replace the *_overswing_staff animations with the overhead stab, but that will affect the overswing_polearm flag instead of the overswing_spear flag. That's a problem because I still want halberds to do the downward chopping swing.

I tried replacing unused_human_anim* lines, but it didn't trigger the animation.

as the comments on the animation file says

Code:
#### Animations begin here

# All of the animations are hardcoded. You can edit the individual sequences, resources or times. But each
# animation must stay at the same position, otherwise the game won't run properly. If you want to add a new animation,
# you can change both the ids and values of the animations which are named as unused_human_anim_???
# and unused_horse_anim_??? (??? = any number). You must not change used animations' ids.

if it is not a custom animation (like in the tavern pack), you need to follow ^. Plus check the BRF files of the mod... it needs to have the actual animation in there as well.

in case that is not clear: position means the ID, the number, so "anim_run_backward_staff = 46" is 46, only 46, and nothing but 46. If you somehow change it to something else, like... 99, it wont work.

kalarhan said:
Code:
# If you want to add a new animation,
# you can change both the ids and values of the animations which are named as unused_human_anim_???
# and unused_horse_anim_??? (??? = any number). You must not change used animations' ids.
That's what I was trying to do. The *_overswing_spear lines that usually exist in actors.txt don't exist in this mod's, so I replaced some unused_human_anim_* lines with the ones from the OP of this thread. Then I edited the flags with Morgh's, and when I tried to do the attack, the character didn't do anything.

The animation does exist. Like I said, I could replace the *_overswing_staff (not *_overswing_spear) animations with the overhead stab, and it would work, but I want those two animations to coexists for different weapons, not replacing one with the other.

I don't have the source code, so I can't compile the module system myself. Am I understanding this wrong?

Grank said:
I don't have the source code, so I can't compile the module system myself. Am I understanding this wrong?

the basic (hardcoded) ID cant be changed. The engine has the hook for them when you use the header_items.py flags on your module_items.py. You dont add to a item the animation, you use a itcf flag, which is connected to all the animations related to that type.

so you will need to keep the original IDs, check the BRF and then update the items_kinds1.txt to use those flags.

use a Native mod (yours, for testing) to experiment with the numbers.

the engine is the same, so it doesnt matter if you have the source of the actual mod for tweaks like this. It just adds more manual work on your end.

kalarhan said:
the basic (hardcoded) ID cant be changed. The engine has the hook for them when you use the header_items.py flags on your module_items.py. You dont add to a item the animation, you use a itcf flag, which is connected to all the animations related to that type.
I'm sorry. I still can't understand your solution. I'm aware that we assign flags to items, not animations. We just define what animations to use for certain actions, like animation with ID "ready_slash_horseback_polearm_right" will use the animation "attacks_staff_righttoleft" from the CommonRes brf files.

What this tutorial is teaching us, is to change the "ready_overswing_spear" animation to use "attacks_staff_thrust_overhead" (which also exists in CommonRes) from the default "spear_thrust_overhead". Then we assign the "overswing_spear" flag to the items we want. Apparently the engine hooks that item flag to the "ready_overswing_spear" animation ID.

However, there's no "ready_overswing_spear" in this file. Please do a brief search on that file. When I tried to add it myself by replacing some unused_human_anim_* lines, it didn't trigger. It didn't seem to hook. My character just moves very slowly back to the idle pose.

What I want to do is implement both the Overhead stabbing (2h) and Overhead stabbing (1h) animations.

Grank said:
there's no "ready_overswing_spear"

you can ignore the string (the named text). The engine cares for the ID (the number).

example
Code:
anim_ready_overswing_spear = 478
means this Native animation would be found on that file between entries 477 and 479. If that entry was empty (unused), you would need to count until you found that exact entry number and add it there (not on a random unused animation).

same applies to how the file you showed on that mod replaced some animations from crounch to spear bracing

Code:
spearwall_bracing 66562 67108897  1
  2.500000 pike_brace 0 190 2 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0

replaced what on Native would be "anim_crouch_unarmed".

also remember that the .txt file wont use the prefix "anim_". So you need to search for stuff like "crounch_unarmed" for reference.

kalarhan said:
If that entry was empty (unused), you would need to count until you found that exact entry number and add it there (not on a random unused animation).

So you need to search for stuff like "crounch_unarmed" for reference.
Brilliant! I understand now, and I got it to work. Thank you very much!

Hello.

Could I get step by step instructions on how to remove the overhead stab animation from mods? I'm currently playing the Last Days of The Third Age mod for Warband and I don't like the overhead stab, I prefer the overhead bash that the native game uses for spears.

Back
Top Bottom