Adding the faction coat of armes in notes

Users who are viewing this thread

Okay, so here is the question.
How to add a coat of arms to a new faction in the Notes section? Similar to pic_arms_vaegir or pic_sarranid_arms.
I couldn't find any mentions of them in module_scripts  :neutral:
The only thing I've managed to achieve was "get_object failed for mesh" error and this X.
1aa34ca6a617af01f9c3a7ea9f9f420d.png

Any tips?

I've already checked all of the tutorials and there wasn't any information about coat of arms.

However, I managed to show up those pic_arms in notes and there is no need in module_tableau_materials.py .
For adding such, one should check:
module_meshes.py;
materials.brf;
textures.brf;
pictures.brf .

Hope it would be helpful to anyone.

Barabashenko said:
I've already checked all of the tutorials and there wasn't any information about coat of arms.

However, I managed to show up those pic_arms in notes and there is no need in module_tableau_materials.py .

I did not say you should go to module_tableau_materials.py to change stuff. But that you should look at the tableaus to understand how they work, which values they use, and what you forgot to add to your new faction.

The tutorial I linked is about adding a new faction, which include steps on adding the banners, which are used by the tableau for the notes. It would help avoid issues like this one if you followed all the instructions.

Modsys is not just about "look here, change this, done". A lot of things you will need to read the code and try to understand how it works, so you can apply your changes. In the other side the code is so open that you can implement any rulesets you want to create your own MB game, no need to follow vanilla ones.

On tutorials: there are many, but as Native has thousands of mechanics and features, you won't find tutorials for more than a very very small % of that. There are plenty material on how to learn the basics of modding, some on advanced features, and the rest is up to the modder to figure out. Q&A thread can help, as it connects modders with different experiences to help each other figure out things.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom