Adding Firearms to a Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

I wanted to add firearms to this mod (BannerPage) which has been pretty fun so far (I really enjoy + miss my gun firing lines from other mods though). Looking it over, the mod basically turned firearms and all it's related bits into the stuff used for their Slinger weapons (which are pretty cool so I don't want to replace them). Which leads me to my current questions.

So now I'm wondering if it is at all possible to make a custom crossbow with the goal to mimic a firearm (edit-I don't want to replace all crossbows). I'd imagine it needs:
A) Requiring special ammo (bullets) not just regular bolts
B) Changing the weapon sound effects when shooting
C) Adding particle effects (smoke) when shooting
Bonus bit if it is not too hard (I don't mind the xbow animation they use in this mod)
D) Return the default pistol/musket shooting/reload animations for these weapons
Now then assuming this is all possible, can someone point me in the direction of where to look to go about accomplishing this? My internet searches have just left me more unsure of things due to my inexperience with Warband modding. I have the model/weapon already in the game (using the xbow flags/capabilities) thanks to Morgh's tool and open brf, but outside of those two I don't know much on where to look next.

Thanks in advance for any help! and I apologize for the (likely) stupid questions lol.

Last edited:
Solution
Without the Module System (Source Code) of the mod, there is not a lot which you can do here. Going shortly into the details:

A) A simpe little bullet mesh would be enough
B) The sound gets (if I remember correctly) defined by the weapon type, which is in this case the crossbow. With the ModSys you would need to use an empty sound file for the normal crossbow sound and play custom sounds depending on which kind of weapon it is.
C) The smok particle effect needs also to be added via ModSys, Morgh's Editor is not capable to do such.
D) Each weapon category has one assigned animation. That is why Slingers replaced guns, you cannot have multiple weapons of the same weapon category with different animations.

Working only with Morgh's...
Without the Module System (Source Code) of the mod, there is not a lot which you can do here. Going shortly into the details:

B) The sound gets (if I remember correctly) defined by the weapon type, which is in this case the crossbow. With the ModSys you would need to use an empty sound file for the normal crossbow sound and play custom sounds depending on which kind of weapon it is.
C) The smok particle effect needs also to be added via ModSys, Morgh's Editor is not capable to do such.
D) Each weapon category has one assigned animation. That is why Slingers replaced guns, you cannot have multiple weapons of the same weapon category with different animations.

Working only with Morgh's Editor you have bad chances to accomplish this.

Upvote 0
Solution

Working only with Morgh's Editor you have bad chances to accomplish this.
Ah so without the source code I'm out of luck on this one. That is a shame. I will have to message the mod owner and see if they are open to sharing or see if they have shared it already somewhere else that I am not aware of. I'll post back if I have any luck there. Thanks again :smile:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom