Adding Decapitation - Technical Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,
I'm attempting to add in the decapitation from Viking Conquest into PoP 3.9.5. I have it loading, however the mission template triggers are either not firing or not finding the bone hit.

I've done the following:
1> Since I don't have the PoP source, I created a 'shell' module system based on Viking Conquest that gets the ID's sync'd up for the meshes/scene_props/items used.
1a> To do this I added in the .txt file lines from vc to pop. I then moved the entries in viking conquest so they were in the same numerical location as they are in pop.
1b> I double checked that the IDs of both were aligned. so for instance itm_decap_head is 1650 for both, phys_decap_blood is 65, etc.
2> I copied the textures for the decap stuff from vc to pop
3> I created brfs for the meshes, textures, materials from the vc decap stuff and added these to the module.ini.
3a> I verified in openbrf that there were no module errors/missing textures/meshes.
4> I used the vc skeleton.brf instead of the common one as it has the new bone names. I didn't notice anything odd with the animations after doing this.

5> For the mission templates - in the vc source the decap entries were all using scripts. I went through and moved all the script code directly into the mission template mission def triggers. (So I wouldn't have to try and sync up script ids). I then compiled the vc source to get the trigger entries and then manually pasted them into the pop mission_template.txt file (increasing the trigger count as needed).

So after all this, it does load, battle play out, etc. While this seems very convoluted, it has worked for me for adding other code changes so I believe my process is functional. I'm wondering if there's another resource or a setting somewhere that I'm missing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom