MP Tutorial Module System Adding custom made items to multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

did you use morghs tools to edit txt files or python?

Check in module_items if your "sharp_samurai_arrows" are actually added.(if you used morghs tools to edit txt files, then they are not added, and you will have to add them manually ot use morghs tool to edit python files.)

So, i'll have to put manually all the items from "item_kinds1" to "module_items"? that will be a lot of work... anyway, is there a way to convert txt code to python code? cause there are like 600 new items.

PS: i used morghs tools to edit the txt files

then use the morghs tool to add them again, but instead of choosing text editor choose MS editor(when you start morghs tool, thats the left collumn)

MS editor will edit python files, so make sure you point him to your module system location in settings.

Hello i was wondering if you could help me.

module items
["cloth", "cloth", [("leather_mtw_34",0)], itp_type_body_armor  |itp_covers_legs|itp_civilian ,0, 500 , weight(3)|abundance(100)|head_armor(0)|body_armor(10)|leg_armor(10)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_cloth],

module troops
["swadian_crossbowman_multiplayer","Swadian Crossbowman","Swadian Crossbowmen",tf_guarantee_all,0,0,fac_kingdom_1,
  [itm_bolts,itm_crossbow,itm_sword_medieval_b_small,itm_tab_shield_heater_a,itm_red_shirt,itm_ankle_boots,itm_cloth],

module script
(call_script, "script_multiplayer_set_item_available_for_troop", "itm_cloth", "trp_swadian_crossbowman_multiplayer"),

(item_set_slot, "itm_cloth", slot_item_multiplayer_item_class, multi_item_class_type_light_armor),

The  code looks correct. But nothing shows up in game. It is as if the code doesn't exist.

Never mind, turns out i forgot to put a slash in module.info.

Thanks for the tutorial, helped me alot :grin: but the only problem im having is that the textures don't show up ingame
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=149642832
I have put "scan_module_textures = 1" into the module.ini
Also can someone please tell me how to get rid of the armors/weapons from the native version of the game
thanks

Nevermind, got it fixed

Back
Top Bottom