Adding custom items to my mod - texture not found

Users who are viewing this thread

socks

Master Knight
I'm making a personal mod where among other things I replace native's equipment with 1257AD stuff. But on my test material, blue_hose_mod, I realized that the feet were missing. It seems that blue_hose_mod incorporates two different models, leather_boots_a and poulaines.

http://i.imgur.com/htOZtTd.jpg

A picture displaying my problem. As you can see both modules have the same textures, and the leather_boots_a texture is loaded, but in my module the poulaines texture isn't being loaded. Even if there's other textures or models that are some how required but openBRF isn't mentioning them, that can't be the issue because I copied the entire resource and textures folders over just to be sure.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

But they're in 1257_boots. And in item_kinds1.txt, no other model is referred to besides blue_hose_mod.

I'll make a thread in their subforum.. with trepidation, since they apparently don't like people using their stuff.

socks said:
But they're in 1257_boots. And in item_kinds1.txt, no other model is referred to besides blue_hose_mod.

I'll make a thread in their subforum.. with trepidation, since they apparently don't like people using their stuff.

OpenBRF has a "scan module for errors" function (CTRL+E). See if its points you to the solution

yes, or simply :

with openbrf (in 1257 mod, not in your)
click on "blue_hose.1"  => click in "meterial" (the blue link)
there you will know what brf file contains these textures and material ...

Well, that did it. It turns out poulaines uses materials.brf, not 1257_boots.brf. Thanks a bunch you two :party:

Now I just have to reorganize all the textures and resources so that I only load the ones I want...

socks said:
Well, that did it. It turns out poulaines uses materials.brf, not 1257_boots.brf. Thanks a bunch you two :party:

Now I just have to reorganize all the textures and resources so that I only load the ones I want...

another function from OpenBRF removes unused textures from your folder, check the menus

Back
Top Bottom