Adding Army attrition and exhaustion, improving the morale mechanic [Suggestion]

What do you think of these ideas?

• Aye

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Eehh...

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Nay

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

It would be nice if constant fighting would bring down morale, and resting in a city would raise it while the troops have "fun time". I could feed my troops dirt and keep high morale as long as we keep wining.

I suggest reserving the word "quirites" as the last resort. Like the joker card, if anything else fails, there you go unfaithful bastards

I suggest reserving the word "quirites" as the last resort. Like the joker card, if anything else fails, there you go unfaithful bastards
Finally.

But yeah, it's a pretty risky move which probably wouldn't work with most other armies. High risk high reward, basically. Maybe add a loyalty mechanic where if you've fought with certain troops for a long while and made them rich and famous you could have higher loyalty and that would mean higher chance of your reverse psychology trick working.

Or something i dunno.

I suspect any complex systems like this that would require balancing will not be in the final game since they are not there now even in embryo.

I suspect any complex systems like this that would require balancing will not be in the final game since they are not there now even in embryo.
Yeap, they aren't interested in anything serious, just minor additions to make fans happy.

@ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal
Those quasi quirites were already rich from loot and had passed the required years for retirement, but that charming general had promised so many goodies for veterans along the years that they didn't want to lose the extras. Broken promises upon broken promises, and still those men in their forties and fifties risked their lives again for that smooth talker.

I like your ideas, maybe add something like the contract that pirate captains made with his crew about the duties and shares.

Back
Top Bottom