Adding a new king.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirathei

Sergeant Knight
I'm trying as best I can to add a new faction to m+b, but for some reason I can't get the new king to show up in the faction notes, despite the fact that I've copied every last line of script pertaining to the other five kings. Does anyone know how to add a new troop to the notes?

I'll walk you through the process of faction implementation.

1.  ID_factions - get your new faction and culture set in there first
2.  Module_factions - copy paste your new factions in..

Code:
  ("culture_6",  "culture_6", 0, 0.9, [], []),

Code:
("kingdom_6",  "Faction name here",  0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0xFF4500),

3. Party_templates - get your culture reinforcements set up
Code:
  ("kingdom_6_reinforcements_a", "kingdom_6_reinforcements_a", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_rhodok_spearman,2,6),(trp_rhodok_tribesman,4,7)]),
  ("kingdom_6_reinforcements_b", "kingdom_6_reinforcements_b", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_rhodok_trained_crossbowman,2,6),(trp_rhodok_crossbowman,4,7)]),
  ("kingdom_6_reinforcements_c", "kingdom_6_reinforcements_c", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_rhodok_sergeant,3,6)]),

4. Module_scripts - define culture troops and assign centers (rhodoks as placeholder)
Code:
  (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_tier_1_troop, "trp_rhodok_tribesman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_tier_2_troop, "trp_rhodok_spearman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_tier_3_troop, "trp_rhodok_trained_spearman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_tier_4_troop, "trp_rhodok_veteran_spearman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_tier_5_troop, "trp_rhodok_sergeant"),

Code:
    (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6",  slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_6"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6",  slot_faction_leader, "trp_kingdom_6_lord"),

Code:
     (else_try),
          (faction_slot_eq, ":faction_no", slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_6"),

(faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_deserter_troop, "trp_rhodok_deserter"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_guard_troop, "trp_rhodok_veteran_spearman"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_messenger_troop, "trp_rhodok_messenger"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_prison_guard_troop, "trp_rhodok_prison_guard"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_castle_guard_troop, "trp_rhodok_castle_guard"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_a, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_a"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_b, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_b"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_c, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_c"),

Code:
  (call_script, "script_give_center_to_lord", "p_town_7",  "trp_kingdom_6_lord", 0), # 3/1

Beyond that you'll have to put your lords and knights into Module_troops of course.

Follow that guide, and you should have your issue resolved. for your particular dilemma you may have overlooked
Code:
    (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6",  slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_6"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6",  slot_faction_leader, "trp_kingdom_6_lord"),
in module_scripts possibly.

Already did all of the above,  but:
Click on the faction....
It doesn't register as owning its own territory. If I link to our beloved chieftain...
He doesn't seem to exist.

Would it matter at all that his troop id is barbarian_lord rather than faction_6_lord?

EDIT: its all barbarian_whatever rather than kingdom_6_whatever.

EDIT2: if I talk to him...

EDIT3: Everything is in the right locations so that fac_barbarians is between kingdoms_begin and kingdoms_end, trp_barbarian_lord is between kings_begin and kings_end, and all reinforcements fall within their respective constants, etc.

Mirathei said:
Would it matter at all that his troop id is barbarian_lord rather than faction_6_lord?

No it wouldnt matter if you changed the references to barb_lord in all the sections I listed, unless you did some customizing to script which calls for lords that you may have overlooked.

one other thing you might look at is the second variables in the code sections such as the identifiers in the lord troop. example in red...

["kingdom_6_lord",  "King Graveth2",  "Kingdom 6 Lord",  tf_hero, 0,reserved,  fac_kingdom_6,[itm_warhorse,  itm_tabard,            itm_leather_boots,              itm_splinted_leather_greaves,  itm_heraldic_mail_with_tabard,          itm_bastard_sword_b,        itm_tab_shield_heater_cav_b,        itm_spiked_helmet],        knight_attrib_3,wp(220),knight_skills_4|knows_trainer_5, 0x0000000efc04119225848dac5d50d62400000000001d48b80000000000000000, rhodok_face_old_2],

those sometimes get me as I occasionally overlook them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom