Adding a new faction

Users who are viewing this thread

grailknighthero said:
Do you still get the errors then?

Yep, straight at the beginning I get one and a bit later three more. I added the merchants and the scenes without problems, only issues now are the error messages.

Dindi said:
what do the errors say??
PuuKKo said:
-I still get some errors at the beginning:

-When entering the castles I get the prison guard conversation

Eventhough I get those errors about "kingdom_heroes", all the added heroes are there.
The castle problem still occurs. I tried to solve it, but ended up having village scenes instead of castles. When trying to fix that I got back to having the prisoner conversation...  :shock:

Not sure if you have solved the error message, but to me it's caused by having too many knights (faction lords) but not enough banners. There's probably more than 1 solution and I simply create more in modules_map_icons (?) and point them to the same image

For one thing:

Code:
(faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_5_troop),
(faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_5_troop, ":troop"),
Copy that and change it to faction 6 stuff.

... is incorrect! You are asking it to define a sixth tier for troops, which is undefined. I was having errors until i removed these lines, now it compiled fine.

Eventhough I get those errors about "kingdom_heroes", all the added heroes are there.
The castle problem still occurs. I tried to solve it, but ended up having village scenes instead of castles. When trying to fix that I got back to having the prisoner conversation... 
May be because of the constants in module_constants.py
The error indicated that the IDs are off. For example, you go the the last castle in the list, but you get the first village instead. Some examples:

kingdoms_begin = "fac_player_supporters_faction"
kingdoms_end = "fac_kingdoms_end"
kings_begin = "trp_kingdom_1_lord"
kings_end = "trp_knight_1_1"
towns_begin = "p_town_1"
castles_begin = "p_castle_1"
villages_begin = "p_village_1"
There are more. Just make sure all of your new stuffs are covered.

I have created a new faction but i cannot recruit soldiers from villages and the king does not wear any clothes in his castle. I get problems with building the mod if i add more troops. I also wonder how to make one of the lords to a girl?
somebody help?

legirian said:
I have created a new faction but i cannot recruit soldiers from villages and the king does not wear any clothes in his castle. I get problems with building the mod if i add more troops. I also wonder how to make one of the lords to a girl?
somebody help?

For the king, you could use Troop Editor, or you couyld go to troops.py and if you put clothes for him, put there tf_guarantee_armor and etc, and about making lords girls, troop editor.

About the recruiting thing, I dunno.

I added a new faction. I've changed all the reinforcements and any hints to it I can find in module_scripts.

However, when I load up the game and check out the town I assigned to the new king, there's the regular garisson, and then the lord's party. However, the lord's party only consists of himself. Any ideas?

No, but the original heroes didn't have any troop added to their parties, in the module system. They didn't have parties defined, for that matter.

I thought the hero would use the fac_reinforcements for his own party.

Does he have any money? Have you defined three faction reinforcement parties? Otherwise I have no idea  :???:

I did define the three reinforcements.

I don't think he has money, but I copied him straight off an existing knight, so if it works for the original one, it should apply for him as well, shouldn't it?

EDIT: I believe I fixed it. The heroes were too far down the list, I've put them right after the original factions now.

Dindi said:
i posted this a couple days ago in a different topic

Module factions:

Code:
("kingdom_6",  "My Faction",  0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], colourcode here),
colour code:
blue      = 0xFFAAAAFF
light blue = 0xFFAAD8FF
red        = 0xFFFFAAAA
yellow    = 0xFFFFFFAA
pink      = 0xFFFFAAFF
purple    = 0xFF6AAA89
black      = 0xFFAAAAAA
white      = 0xFFFFFFFF
green      = 0xFFAAFFAA
brown      = 0xFF7A4800

module_scripts: (press crt F and look for diplomacy this stuff is around there)

Code:
(call_script, "script_diplomacy_start_war_between_kingdoms", "fac_kingdom_1", "fac_kingdom_6"),

Code:
    (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6",  slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_6"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6",  slot_faction_leader, "trp_kingdom_6_lord"),

Code:
(else_try),
          (faction_slot_eq, ":faction_no", slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_6"),

(faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_deserter_troop, "trp_rhodok_deserter"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_guard_troop, "trp_rhodok_trained_spearman"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_messenger_troop, "trp_rhodok_messenger"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_prison_guard_troop, "trp_rhodok_prison_guard"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_castle_guard_troop, "trp_rhodok_castle_guard"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_a, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_a"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_b, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_b"),
          (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_c, "pt_kingdom_6_reinforcements_c"),

Code:
(call_script, "script_give_center_to_lord", "p_town_11", "trp_kingdom_6_lord"),(cant remeber what town_11 is look in module_parties)

module_troops

Code:
["kingdom_6_lord",  "King Me",  "Kingdom 6 Lord",  tf_hero, 0,reserved,  fac_kingdom_6,[itm_hunter,itm_ragged_outfit,      itm_leather_boots, itm_mail_chausses, itm_lamellar_cuirass, itm_military_pick, itm_heater_shield, itm_flat_topped_helmet], lord_attrib,wp(220),knows_lord_1, 0x00000000000c52c801fb6da6ab995795],
i hope all that helps

and this in module_party_templates

Code:
  ("kingdom_6_reinforcements_a", "kingdom_6_reinforcements_a", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_rhodok_spearman,40,50),(trp_rhodok_tribesman,40,50)]),

Code:
  ("kingdom_6_reinforcements_b", "kingdom_6_reinforcements_b", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_rhodok_gunner,20,40),(trp_rhodok_trained_crossbowman,20,60),(trp_rhodok_crossbowman,30,70)]),

Code:
("kingdom_6_reinforcements_c", "kingdom_6_reinforcements_c", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_canon,20,40),(trp_rhodok_sergeant,30,60),(trp_rhodok_sharpshooter,30,60)]),
change each troop to your news and remember to build module once you have made a new troop before putting it in module_party_templates
I used this codes and added new faction but ı cant recruit soliders new faction's village

Back
Top Bottom