adding a faction error

Users who are viewing this thread

dejvid221h

Recruit
I am making a mod that changes the map for native and I have just added a faction and get this message on new game:

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1677:Invalid Map Icon ID: -166; LINE NO:78:
At script: give_center_to_lord.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1677:Invalid Map Icon ID: -166; LINE NO:25:
At script: create_kingdom_hero_party.

The game seems to run okay and the new king appears in his base (a castle as the faction doesn't as yet have a town) and one of his two vassals has given me a task.

I haven't seen any of them ride out though.

So any hints as to what is causing the error?

Have you followed this tutorial or did you only add a new faction in module_factions.py?

Upvote 0
It was Veledentella's I followed. I will go through Eärendil's carefully to see if that throws light on what I missed. (I haven't added a pretender or any ladies yet but that shouldn't produce an error like that should it?)

Upvote 0
If I may add onto this, I have also looked at that tutorial and am wondering about something. Bandits, deserters, and manhunters are considered factions as well, so is it possible to add to them (like another type of bandit or deserter like party)? The reason why I am asking in terms of the guide is that you are to create a monarch, twenty lords, and a town/castle for a new faction. If you do not do these following steps, can you add another functioning bandit party?

Upvote 0
If I may add onto this, I have also looked at that tutorial and am wondering about something. Bandits, deserters, and manhunters are considered factions as well, so is it possible to add to them (like another type of bandit or deserter like party)? The reason why I am asking in terms of the guide is that you are to create a monarch, twenty lords, and a town/castle for a new faction. If you do not do these following steps, can you add another functioning bandit party?
Yes, roaming faction parties without lands held can be done. Ideally, you should browse through Native source code to mimick its scripts governing such parties because following the tutorial would not be useful that much if you do not want a full faction with settlements, lords and so on.
It was Veledentella's I followed. I will go through Eärendil's carefully to see if that throws light on what I missed. (I haven't added a pretender or any ladies yet but that shouldn't produce an error like that should it?)
The errors which you pasted above indicate that there was something wrong with map icons and maybe the parties were not shown on the world map. Maybe try following the linked tutorial carefully once again and if it fails, post here your scripts of create_kingdom_hero_party and give_center_to_lord.

Upvote 0
This thread is from 2008, but if it works, it is good for you. Creating lords or settlements is not necessary for that.
It's kind of hard to find updated information on these subjects. If you know of any updated material on adding bandit factions, by all means I'll look into it. When I try searching the forums and the web, however, I usually come upon these older posts. I was surprised this one worked (I have an army of Dark Knights roaming around the tundra region) and would like to figure out if I can add other parties or have them spawn at different locations on the map. That said, I haven't found much updated information on adding new bandits besides this.

Upvote 0
It's kind of hard to find updated information on these subjects. If you know of any updated material on adding bandit factions, by all means I'll look into it. When I try searching the forums and the web, however, I usually come upon these older posts. I was surprised this one worked (I have an army of Dark Knights roaming around the tundra region) and would like to figure out if I can add other parties or have them spawn at different locations on the map. That said, I haven't found much updated information on adding new bandits besides this.
Native has already such mechanics, just look at its scripts. I know that you will have to do some searching on your own, but it will pay off to look around if you want to carry on with modding. A bit of experience will not do harm.

Upvote 0
I think my problem is due to there already being a kingdom_7 in Native
module_scripts.py:
Line 7653: (assign, "$team_2_flag_scene_prop", "spr_ctf_flag_kingdom_7"),
I have now made my new faction kingdom_9

I say think because at the moment I can't use my steam version of Warband and it might be that Steam has stricter chicks but if I don't post again in this thread, assume that that was the problem.

In any case calling a faction kingdom_7 seems a bad idea given this. (I think it has something to do with multiplayer but I'm not sure).

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom