ADD STAMINA = REAL FUN GAMEPLAY

Do i want stamina added , at least in MP

• yes

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Of course

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to run around spawnclick 30 times per second with 2h axe to hit someone

Votes: 61 89.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

So the title said by itself ,
currently, the MP is most a click spawning fest especially with 2 h weapons ,
yes you get kills , but is boring , frustrating and you get tired fast.

anyone that hold a sword or an axe , dam even a hammer , you will know if you try to swing it with full force (what you would do in a fight situation) is extremely tiring , and taxing on your arms, even if you are fit and strong. ( and 2h sword can be easily weight close to 3 KG)

so is very unrealistic to swing weapons so fast , every 0,5 seconds, , with stamina, and maybe real parrying, the gameplay would be much better and fun , and I think will attract much more players, cause currently is just get boring after 30 minutes. just click and run. basically is COD medieval.

Last edited:
Just a sidenote, two-handed swords do NOT easily weigh 8 kg. Most medieval european 2handers weigh around 1.5 - 2.5 kg, nowhere near your 8 kg.

Wow these vote option are not biased at all.

Where is the "no the community doesn't want stamina and this is a dumb idea" vote?
"I want to run around spawnclick 30 times per second with 2h axe to hit someone" doesn't really convey what my position on this is.

Wow these vote option are not biased at all.

Where is the "no the community doesn't want stamina and this is a dumb idea" vote?
"I want to run around spawnclick 30 times per second with 2h axe to hit someone" doesn't really convey what my position on this is.
well you can try to explain and convinced me how to not have stamina is anyway good for gameplay , , and ill add it to the options , for now , I just see people running rambo , spawing mouse.

btw the "community" actually I don't see anyone playing MP now , only few hours day , you have have 1 server with maybe 100 dudes, that all , so i think the community don't like mp very much right now

tbh
I agree with you that the two hander spam and cav spam on Siege and tdm sucks.
But I feel this more of an design issue. The spawns in tdm suck and you are just spawned in the middle of chaos. For a team deathmatch there isn't really much teamwork in that game mode. The other issue is that there is no benefit of a defensive playstyle at all. Two handers already have the highest killingpotential (besides cav maybe) and if you keep dying long enough you will eventually spawn as cav anyway.

Also stamina has just never been part of Mount and Blade's gameplay. There was optional stamina in Viking Conquest but I think ( I didn't play for a long time) it only influenced your damage and how fast you move, not how and if you can spam attacks.
Sure just because it has never been done isn't a good reason most of the time. But directional combat is one of the key features of Mount and Blade. If there was stamina it would be something completely different.
Also how do you want to balance cavalry with stamina? Cavalry can just hit and run without needing much stamina, same goes for archers, especially crossbowmen. On top of that I think it would limit the skill ceilling. Good players can 1-3 on tdm. Not sure how this could work if every block and hit would cost stamina.

So the title said by itself ,
currently, the MP is most a click spawning fest especially with 2 h weapons ,
yes you get kills , but is boring , frustrating and you get tired fast.

anyone that hold a sword or an axe , dam even a hammer , you will know if you try to swing it with full force (what you would do in a fight situation) is extremely tiring , and taxing on your arms, even if you are fit and strong. ( and 2h sword can be easily weight close to 3 KG)

so is very unrealistic to swing weapons so fast , every 0,5 seconds, , with stamina, and maybe real parrying, the gameplay would be much better and fun , and I think will attract much more players, cause currently is just get boring after 30 minutes. just click and run. basically is COD medieval.

Dear fellow countryman :wink:,

Here are three threads (there are quite a few more if you use the search button) that make it quite clear what opinion a large number of MP players have when it comes to the stamina issue.

2017 - What do you guys think of a stamina system in Bannerlord?
2019 - Stamina/fatigue system for horses in Bannerlord
2020 - I think it needs a stamina system

Unlike what SP should be in my opinion (slow paced where stamina could be an option in the settings like Viking Conquest did - I never used it, though), the MP section undoubtedly HAS to suit a "fast paced" experience and I think stamina doesn't fit here.

well you can try to explain and convinced me how to not have stamina is anyway good for gameplay , , and ill add it to the options , for now , I just see people running rambo , spawing mouse.

btw the "community" actually I don't see anyone playing MP now , only few hours day , you have have 1 server with maybe 100 dudes, that all , so i think the community don't like mp very much right now
Wait, so you're actually serious about this?

Stamina is a horible idea, lets add the one thing that makes this game better than any other medieval fighting game out there, all of your issues get fixed by tightening up swing radius and adding friendly fire + slight reflective damage, that way you also make the veterans happy. If you want stamina go play chivalry.

it's useless to discuss this, but let's be honest for a second

a stamina system along side with a sprint and chase mechanic would tipple handily save the entire mp scene, not even a opinion at this point, just a straight undeniable, irrefutable, nonrefundable, fact

Stamina is for low skill ceiling games like Mordhau.
I'm sorry dude, what?!

edit: I realized I was wrong, a stamina sytem would be too complex for the playerbase

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom