SP - General Add splash damage or punch thru for Balista

Users who are viewing this thread

Not sure if this is possible with bannerlords physics but would love to see ballistas get a bit of a buff. They do extremely high damage but can only seem to hit 1 target at a time. Considering their long reload time, they could use some small radius aoe splash damage or at the very least the ability to strike through multiple targets. Maybe a cap of 3? If you shoot a balista into a sea of clumped peasants i better see some collateral damage in the kill feed if ya know what I mean ?

Im pretty sure they are mainly meant as anti siege, so should be used on battering ram and such. Im dont know how it works with hitting multiple targets, but i know other things can, so maybe it could be implemented, but if the goal of them is to be anti siege, then i think its okay they dont have splash dmg, as it would be too powerful when hitting battering rams and catapults and the like.

The ballista's do get multiple kills per bolt, its just the only time i've ever used one was that once upon a time there was a blue moon and the stars had aligned and i was actually apart of a defensive siege

i think the highest i've got with a single bolt is 3 kills

Ballista can already kill a maximum of 3 enemies per bolt. It should be higher than this, especially when hitting 3 headshots in succession.
The biggest issue with it is hitting a shield - it doesn't penetrate and kill the shield holder like it should. At the very least, the bolt should knock down the soldier and any soldiers behind it.

Back
Top Bottom