Add some Imperial cavalries PLS

Users who are viewing this thread

When can TaleWorlds consider adding a civilian line of cavalries to the Empire? I mean, when other countries have civilian cavalry, the Empire does not, which is strange. What's more, the Batanians who live in the forest have two cavalry lines(and they don't look so different at all), while the empires who live in most plain terrain have no cavalry.Well,that doesn't make sense!PLS,TW,do something!

When can TaleWorlds consider adding a civilian line of cavalries to the Empire? I mean, when other countries have civilian cavalry, the Empire does not, which is strange. What's more, the Batanians who live in the forest have two cavalry lines(and they don't look so different at all), while the empires who live in most plain terrain have no cavalry.Well,that doesn't make sense!PLS,TW,do something!

Yeah, it is a bit odd, but I don't think TW is looking to majorly overhaul the troop trees at this point.

It's called Equites... The vigla recruits upgrade to them, they are bit difficult to find

I assume by "civilian" he is referring to the non-noble troop lines.

I assume by "civilian" he is referring to the non-noble troop lines.

I see, then...

But, if you look by the faction/nation inspiration (Late Romans), then would make sense, since Cavalry were more for the nobles and richs.. The Cavalry auxiliaries came later, than only well later in the year Cavalry would be noble again: Scholae Palatinae

I though he was referring to that

I see, then...

But, if you look by the faction/nation inspiration (Late Romans), then would make sense, since Cavalry were more for the nobles and richs.. The Cavalry auxiliaries came later, than only well later in the year Cavalry would be noble again: Scholae Palatinae

I though he was referring to that

Late romans based their entire army primarily around their cavalry actually.

Yeah it's weird how they redid most of the troop trees and gave every faction access to early cavalry in their civilian lines, except the imperials.

gradually...but the strenghtstill were on heavy foot

But you right, and the poster as well... even if all imperials got was scouts weaker cavalry

The Calradian Empire aesthetically bases itself off of the early byzantines, who were cavalry focused, and not infantry focused. We have strategic manuals for this period of roman/byzantine history that are quite conclusive.

Indeed the shift seems to have started with Diocletian, with cavalry becoming an increasingly important part of the roman army until it became the dominant part of the roman army. Though there's no hard date for that.

I would also like them to have a lance they can use with shield. I would also like their archers 2 have 2 stacks. Archers with 1 stack is just mean when everyone else gets 2 accept some weird units. Empire gets the short stick in a lot of ways.

Like others have said, do not count of TW overhauling the troops. I feel like what we have going to stick for a while. If you want them, you better go around looking for mods instead like mine or something, shameless plug.

I would also like them to have a lance they can use with shield. I would also like their archers 2 have 2 stacks. Archers with 1 stack is just mean when everyone else gets 2 accept some weird units. Empire gets the short stick in a lot of ways.
They more than make up for it in their extremely heavy armour though. Legionaries and Elite Cataphracts are the heaviest things in the game by far, and its noticeable at times.

I feel iffy about the Palatine Guards, Bucellarii and Sergeant Crossbowmen now though. And I'm afraid the Elite Menavliatons will join them too. Hm, yeah I guess as of late they're not as cool as they could be.

having both foot archers and crossbowmen is super redunant too. they should instead have a 'medium' horseman branch in the regular troop tree.

Back
Top Bottom