SP - General Add Settlement Building

Users who are viewing this thread

Lochwork

Recruit
Problem: In order to start your own kingdom you must either be an unprovoked aggressor or a dishonorable vassal. This creates huge role playing issues and makes it unnecessarily difficult to start your own faction.

Solution: Add two or three destroyed/ruined settlements that the player can claim and rebuild. While rebuilding the settlement the player must provide a garrison, food, and supplies all while defending it from raiders who want to capitalize on a newer settlement. As the settlement grows it will attract attention from settlers based on its reputation. Are you a rogue like ruler? Maybe your settlement becomes a safe haven for gangs. Are you an honorable ruler? Maybe traders arrive seeking a safe place to sell their wares.

You could also add quests to find and hire the essential personnel for your settlement. Definitely need a blacksmith, a doctor, a knowledgeable farmer, and so on.

This also provides more value and uses for the rogue, charm, steward, and trade skills.

I'm not recommending that you make it easy to rebuild a settlement but that it be an option.

(This could also open doors for raising settlements and rebuilding those as well)

Last edited:
Interesting. Tough where could that settlement be? It would be within some area that other factions consider theirs.
I don't see a sensible way for you to start independant.... expect perhaps as a trading city-state on the border or something?

This is a feature that many Warband mods added, and I it SHOULD be in the base game. Having a settlement makes you much more flexible; you can garrison infantry and take on a cav party to go questing, for example. You can store valuables without having to worry about ruining your game if you get captured.

It could be as simple as when you beat a hideout, you have the option to take it over.

This is a feature that many Warband mods added, and I it SHOULD be in the base game. Having a settlement makes you much more flexible; you can garrison infantry and take on a cav party to go questing, for example. You can store valuables without having to worry about ruining your game if you get captured.

It could be as simple as when you beat a hideout, you have the option to take it over.
Taking over a hide out would be a great idea as well, but I think it would have to be a specific, intentionally placed hideout. Right now hide outs spawn so close to other settlements and I think if you build your own you would eventually want to grow into a city. But I really like the idea of beating bandits to secure the land.

Maybe a main bandit hideout as a somewhat run down castle you fight bandits for so it’s strategically placed and you must gather men to take it and then can keep it as a fief after but perhaps no village is attached
This makes the most sense to me - what do the rest of you think

Maybe a main bandit hideout as a somewhat run down castle you fight bandits for so it’s strategically placed and you must gather men to take it and then can keep it as a fief after but perhaps no village is attached
That would be great. Although I would include a run down village that people start settling once you clear the bandits. This way the player would use all of the same techniques as capturing a city from a faction (siege, village management, etc) but would be able to do it in an RP friendly way.

Sounds cool

Problem: In order to start your own kingdom you must either be an unprovoked aggressor or a dishonorable vessel. This creates huge role playing issues and makes it unnecessarily difficult to start your own faction.

Solution: Add two or three destroyed/ruined settlements that the player can claim and rebuild. While rebuilding the settlement the player must provide a garrison, food, and supplies all while defending it from raiders who want to capitalize on a newer settlement. As the settlement grows it will attract attention from settlers based on its reputation. Are you a rogue like ruler? Maybe your settlement becomes a safe haven for gangs. Are you an honorable ruler? Maybe traders arrive seeking a safe place to sell their wares.

You could also add quests to find and hire the essential personnel for your settlement. Definitely need a blacksmith, a doctor, a knowledgeable farmer, and so on.

This also provides more value and uses for the rogue, charm, steward, and trade skills.

I'm not recommending that you make it easy to rebuild a settlement but that it be an option.

(This could also open doors for raising settlements and rebuilding those as well)
This would be a really nice addition to the game, but I think it should have a relativelly big number of ruins to settle

This would be a really nice addition to the game, but I think it should have a relativelly big number of ruins to settle

I think having too many would make the map pretty crowded. I was thinking ruins on the outskirts that aren't prime land but could still be used to meet the "make your own faction" requirement.

Well, if creating camps come back, the option to create a PERMANENT camp (isn't removed from map) for storage/training that can be expanded and eventually turns into a village...

Perhaps some villages get pillaged by others so much they become un-usable village for a period of time. During this period of time maybe you can go in and claim the land.

Maybe you can build an hideout where you want,then upgrade in a fortified village,then in a castle,then in a fortified city.
and then... in the first megalopolis of calradia!
you can choose the the style of the architecture ec...

Clearly you need a mechanic to help manage the size of the place ...
The size and number of inhabitants or the improvement could depend on the renown or on your criminal level xd.
Inside you can take some recruits related to the culture of the place initially and with each upgrade you can add a new culture.
When you make the megalopolis you unlock the ability to CREATE your own culture and customize the troops of that culture.

Maybe you can build an hideout where you want,then upgrade in a fortified village,then in a castle,then in a fortified city.
and then... in the first megalopolis of calradia!
you can choose the the style of the architecture ec...

Clearly you need a mechanic to help manage the size of the place ...
The size and number of inhabitants or the improvement could depend on the renown or on your criminal level xd.
Inside you can take some recruits related to the culture of the place initially and with each upgrade you can add a new culture.
When you make the megalopolis you unlock the ability to CREATE your own culture and customize the troops of that culture.

Custom troops and culture would be sweet!

Back
Top Bottom