SP Dark Ages [Add-On] D'ya Like Dags? - Viking Conquest Dog Companion Special Attacks

Users who are viewing this thread

AWjG4.png

Tired of your War Dag that don't bite?

A War Dag that just bumps into big burly men, thinking they'd fall?

A War Dag that just eats all your sausages, and just keeps on getting fat?

Is that even a War Dag* anymore?

Then I've got something just for you!

This Add-on gives your War Dag a shot of Terribile-lycanthropus-diritatis (TLD)**, a powerful toxin taken from the mouth of an unknown creature.

Bite them ankles, Dag!
giphy.gif

Leap and have these so-called men smell your knackers, Dag!
giphy.gif

See it here in action!

Get your dose of TLD right here and turn your Wussy War Dag into a Wicious Warg......Dag!

Features:

Special Attack Animations for Your Dag: Bite & Leap
Bite - Damage will depend on how many chickens you've fed your dag. Chance occurrence will depend on Boar Meat.
Leap - Can knock down enemies. Chance occurrence will depend on how much cattle meat you've fed your dag.

Instructions:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Download the add-on here: Download
[*]Paste all files into your Viking Conquest Folder
[*]Go to your module.ini file and right below the last "load_mod_resource" line, add "load_mod_resource = tld_animations"
[*]Play!
[/list]

- This is made possible by TLD's open source animations & code. I've added these in TLD and just wanted to share with the community at large.
- Sharing this could also mean that someone would improve the code and animations :smile: If so, please feel free! Only condition is that it becomes open source too!
- This is considered done. I've only tested it on some looters, but it should work properly. Please report here if there are any bugs.
- All feedback is welcome!
- Last but not least, if people like this, I have plans on adding a quest that results in either:
-- A) A companion who has his own Wolf Companion
-- B) Hireable troops that have their own wolf/dag companions! (% Chance they bring it to the field)
-- C) Why not both?
- Only thing is that I ask people to write all dialogues and quest design for me. I have no time for it, unfortunately. I can only code :smile:

Code:
Add this right before the first unused human animation:

# Fly back animation - TLD - Kham

["strike_fly_back", acf_enforce_all|acf_align_with_ground|acf_displace_position,  amf_priority_striked|amf_play|amf_accurate_body|amf_restart|amf_client_prediction,
   [0.59, "ani_fall_flyback1_med_rise", 0, 15, arf_blend_in_2|arf_make_custom_sound, pack2f(0.4, 0.0), (0.19,-2.7,0), 0.5],
   [0.62, "ani_fall_flyback1_far_rise", 0, 15, arf_blend_in_2|arf_make_custom_sound, pack2f(0.4, 0.0), (0.19,-4.4,0), 0.5],
 ],

#remember to comment out 1 unused human animation

Add the below right before the first unused horse animation:

# Animal attack anims... TLD - Kham

["leapattack", acf_enforce_all|acf_align_with_ground|acf_displace_position, amf_priority_rear|amf_play,
   [1.2, "wargLeapAttack", 0, 20, arf_blend_in_4|arf_use_walk_progress,pack4f(0.15,0.16,0.65,0.66), (0, 0, 0), 0.9]
  ],

["bear_slap_right", acf_enforce_all|acf_align_with_ground|acf_displace_position, amf_priority_rear|amf_play|amf_client_prediction, [1.3, "bear_slap_right", 1, 45, arf_blend_in_4|arf_use_walk_progress,pack4f(0.15,0.16,0.65,0.66), (0, 0, 0), 0.9]],
 ["bear_uppercut",   acf_enforce_all|acf_align_with_ground|acf_displace_position, amf_priority_rear|amf_play|amf_client_prediction, [1.3, "bear_uppercut", 44, 93, arf_blend_in_4|arf_use_walk_progress,pack4f(0.15,0.16,0.65,0.66), (0, 0, 0), 0.9]],
 ["spider_attack",   acf_enforce_all|acf_align_with_ground|acf_displace_position, amf_priority_rear|amf_play|amf_client_prediction, [1.25, "spider_attack", 1, 33, arf_blend_in_4|arf_use_walk_progress,pack4f(0.15,0.16,0.65,0.66), (0, 0, 0), 0.9]],
 ["wolf_snap",       acf_enforce_all|acf_align_with_ground|acf_displace_position, amf_priority_rear|amf_play|amf_client_prediction, [1.25, "wolf_snap", 1, 55, arf_blend_in_4|arf_use_walk_progress,pack4f(0.15,0.16,0.65,0.66), (0, 0, 0), 0.9]],

# Make sure to comment out 5 unused horse animations
Code:
Add the below as the last script:

#TLD - Kham - Count Enemy Agents START

# script_count_enemy_agents_around_agent
  # This script checks an agent for being surrounded by enemy agents, reg0 stores the number of agents
  # param1: agent to check; param2: max_distance
  ("count_enemy_agents_around_agent", 
  [
    (store_script_param, ":agent_no", 1),
    (store_script_param, ":distance", 2),
    (assign, reg0, 0),
    (try_begin),
      (ge, ":agent_no", 0),
      (agent_get_position, pos1, ":agent_no"),
      (agent_get_team, ":team_a", ":agent_no"),
      (try_for_agents, ":cur_agent"),
        (agent_is_human, ":cur_agent"),
        (agent_is_alive, ":cur_agent"),
        (agent_get_position, pos2, ":cur_agent"),
        (get_distance_between_positions, ":dist", pos1, pos2),
        (lt, ":dist", ":distance"),
        (agent_get_team, ":team_b", ":cur_agent"),
        (teams_are_enemies, ":team_a", ":team_b"),
        (val_add, reg0, 1),
      (try_end),
    (try_end),
  ]),

#TLD - Kham - Count Enemy Agents END

*Dags:

**I don't know latin.

nice dags  :twisted:

ps.: a reminder to PM a mod to move this to VC modding subforum, and then a PM to @CeltiberoCaesar to update the mods thread list

I'd love to try this out... if the dogs I lure with sausage would actually go with me beyond the location I find them at. :sad:

Bucketsmith said:
I'd love to try this out... if the dogs I lure with sausage would actually go with me beyond the location I find them at. :sad:
Are you talking with them, naming them, telling them to follow you, etc?

Bucketsmith said:

Dog are like companions. If you manage to recruit one in a village it will follow you and you can even use them in battles.

kalarhan said:
Bucketsmith said:

Dog are like companions. If you manage to recruit one in a village it will follow you and you can even use them in battles.
....And as you become a king  - dog becomes your vassal and will receive a land :grin:
Anything goes now with Your tweeks :facepalm:

Pode said:
Bucketsmith said:
Are you talking with them, naming them, telling them to follow you, etc?
Yeah. Been a while since I tried but they either stay there and I can talk to them as the first time or they disappear from the village.
They don't show up in your party list, do they accompany you in scenes? I never saw them there either.
Makes it harder to check whether or not they follow, either way.

Bucketsmith said:

you can visit the main VC forum and the Q&A thread if you have questions, as this thread is for a OSP
:arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,339108.0.html

this is the text that you get in-game (Notes)
Code:
("dog_companion","Dog Companion", "While wandering about, lost in your own thoughts, you suddenly hear a dog bark at you. \
Luckily, you have a piece of sausage with you. It's the beginning of a companionship. The dog will not leave your side, even on the battlefield, \
and soon earns a name.^\
On the battlefield, your dog is placed in division 9. The skills and abilities of your dog companion can be improved by giving him good food."),

kalarhan said:
Bucketsmith said:

you can visit the main VC forum and the Q&A thread if you have questions, as this thread is for a OSP
:arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,339108.0.html

this is the text that you get in-game (Notes)
Code:
("dog_companion","Dog Companion", "While wandering about, lost in your own thoughts, you suddenly hear a dog bark at you. \
Luckily, you have a piece of sausage with you. It's the beginning of a companionship. The dog will not leave your side, even on the battlefield, \
and soon earns a name.^\
On the battlefield, your dog is placed in division 9. The skills and abilities of your dog companion can be improved by giving him good food."),
*shrug* thanks for the pointers.  :smile: Just to clear things up; I was replying on topic to this thread, not looking for help on an issue. Just replying to others.

The mod looks great and I wish I could try it out! :mrgreen:

Khamukkamu said:
I did not make any changes to how the dog is hired :smile: Everything is the same as how it currently is in VC.
This specific discussion went so incredibly off-topic, I dunno why people misread the intent of my first reply.
Nor did I imply your mod changed anything in relation to how you get the dog.
I was simply giving my support, as I think this is a nice little mod. :smile:
To close it; for whatever reason the dog now worked when I went to search for one, give it a sausage, name, etc. Perhaps there was a bug in the previous version of the game. :???:

On-topic; The extra files in your download, they seem to be unrelated general VC files? Could you tell me the significance of those files? Would they overwrite any changes made by tweaks or other submods? Or do they only affect the dog?
Side-note; you write that the chance occurance of the bite attack depends on venison. I've not seen venison as an item anywhere in the game. What food item did you mean?
If you could answer these questions, I'd be most grateful. :grin: I want to see the animations in my own game, but don't want to risk borking up my playthrough.

1. My changes only affect the dog companion. Nothing else. The extra files are the animation files. If there are submods that make changes to scripts.txt and/or animations.txt, then it will overwrite those.
2. Venison is the name of the item in the module files. They are actually "Boar Meat" in-game.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy!

Khamukkamu said:
1. My changes only affect the dog companion. Nothing else. The extra files are the animation files. If there are submods that make changes to scripts.txt and/or animations.txt, then it will overwrite those.
2. Venison is the name of the item in the module files. They are actually "Boar Meat" in-game.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy!

Thank you for answering!
So if I were to add any other submods that overwrite the same files, it gets ucky. All right.
Aahh, boar meat! :grin:

That boar rush would indeed be a show.

Back
Top Bottom