SP - World Map Add merchant city states to the peninsula west of the desert.

Users who are viewing this thread

They would be a great place to setup a workshop or caravan but would cost a lot more more to setup, they would be non agressive and never start wars, but they would have massive garrisons of verry powerful merc units so they'd be hard to capture. They would be home to unique mercenary companies similar to the current minor factions and the player can buy a barracks in a city state to start their own mercenary company wit the barracks acting as a garrison for your troops. You can hire a recruiter and tell them what units you want them to recruit and based on their leadership skill you will get more and higher level units.

City states could better be set on islands. The southwest could, and in my opinion should be an entirely different faction.
Islands could be a good choice but only if they add ships to the game, but I chose the penisula to be similar to the italian city states, and the city states would all be unique factions, because thats the point of them.

Islands could be a good choice but only if they add ships to the game, but I chose the penisula to be similar to the italian city states, and the city states would all be unique factions, because thats the point of them.
Ships hopefully will be added to the game.
By a different faction I meant an entirely united domain, not a single city state, which could better utilise that part of the map, it could still be trade-focused and have connections with the islander city states. Regardless, I want a Rhodes Island equivalent with a near impregnable castle and an independent crusader-like, warrior faction, or just mercenaries.

Ships hopefully will be added to the game.
By a different faction I meant an entirely united domain, not a single city state, which could better utilise that part of the map, it could still be trade-focused and have connections with the islander city states. Regardless, I want a Rhodes Island equivalent with a near impregnable castle and an independent crusader-like, warrior faction, or just mercenaries.
If they had multiple cities per faction wouldn't that just make them like the other factions? Unless you mean they have one big capital city then some smaller towns similar to the current faction towns.

If they had multiple cities per faction wouldn't that just make them like the other factions? Unless you mean they have one big capital city then some smaller towns similar to the current faction towns.
Yes I mean a "complete" faction, otherwise they wouldn't be able to make a stand against the Aserai and honestly it wouldn't make much sense either. A middle ground would be a confederation of independent cities which is still a single separate faction but more autonomous and divided, I guess? That would require the addition of advanced diplomacy and politics which I'm hoping we will see implemented at some point.

Yes I mean a "complete" faction, otherwise they wouldn't be able to make a stand against the Aserai and honestly it wouldn't make much sense either. A middle ground would be a confederation of independent cities which is still a single separate faction but more autonomous and divided, I guess? That would require the addition of advanced diplomacy and politics which I'm hoping we will see implemented at some point.
My thinking was that they'd have such a massive garrison of high tier merc units that faction armies comprising mostly of lower tier units would have a hard time sieging them, also the citties themselfs could have really good defences like better walls, more balista/catapult slots and good defensive terrain.

Back
Top Bottom