Suggestion General Add command to hide head (xml files)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lonewarrior

Sergeant
I’ve noticed you can use commands on an item in the .xml armors to hide hands and hide body etc, this allows for great freedom of creating armors without having to worry about clipping issues and allows for the creation of some cool armors.

However using the command “hides_head” on an item causes the game to crash, either because it doesn’t exist or isn’t working.

The ability to hide the head with a command on helms would really allow some modders to create unique races and helms not bound by these limitations.

John_M

Subforum Moderator
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Modders on the discord have found out covers_head exists, but only works on body armours, not head armours. If the attribute is given to the head armour, the game will crash on the campaign map.

It's great to have this working in some form, but having it working on head armours is more useful.

TimuR Khan

Recruit
Modders on the discord have found out covers_head exists, but only works on body armours, not head armours. If the attribute is given to the head armour, the game will crash on the campaign map.

It's great to have this working in some form, but having it working on head armours is more useful.
It still crashes for me, when i try to equip something in combination with a body piece that has the cover_head option enabled.
So while we are able to hide the head, we cant equip any helmets. Sometimes it crashes in the inventory, sometimes it crashes leaving the inventory back to the campaign map.

John_M

Subforum Moderator
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
It still crashes for me, when i try to equip something in combination with a body piece that has the cover_head option enabled.
So while we are able to hide the head, we cant equip any helmets. Sometimes it crashes in the inventory, sometimes it crashes leaving the inventory back to the campaign map.
I see, that is quite bad then, I hope to see this fixed.

Dejan

Community Manager
WBNWVCM&B
Just a note that this issue has been resolved and is due for implementation with e1.6.1. You'll be able to hide the human head using a flag.

MFKB

Recruit
I've found that covers_head="true" for any piece of equipment including helmets causes a crash ingame when equipping a helmet or if no helmet is equipped when I save game with a piece flagged with covers_head="true" equipped, trying to load that save later results in immediate crash for 1.6.4e, 1.6.1, 1.6.2

Top Bottom