MP Add an Aim dot to the balista

Users who are viewing this thread

add a point into the middle of the screen so I can see where the ballista bolt is going go, it is very common feature in video games

BEFORE
zVrMTLF.png

AFTER
qzY9z1W.png

I heard Imgur is unblocked on turkey now, that is why I'm using it

It would be very usefull and I often wish it had a crosshair, however, this is a very powerful weapon and it would be overpowered then. I think thats why TW chose to go without a crosshair.
the balista balance shouldn't be handled by making them unfun to use by new players that dont have an external custom crosshair or aren't accustomed to it, using a balista leaves you extremely exposed to archer fire and the aim sensitivity is unprecise, I'm not saying they are weak, but there are other ways of nerfing them and the enemy team can always destroy it

what should be nerfed though are those goddam rocks that can one-shot you from a 1m distance

the balista balance shouldn't be handled by making them unfun to use by new players that dont have an external custom crosshair or aren't accustomed to it, using a balista leaves you extremely exposed to archer fire and the aim sensitivity is unprecise, I'm not saying they are weak, but there are other ways of nerfing them and the enemy team can always destroy it

Feel free to tell us about other ideas to nerf the ballista.

what should be nerfed though are those goddam rocks that can one-shot you from a 1m distance

Yea thats kind of rediculous.. but keep in mind, you only need to get slightly bumped or fall 2cm and you instantly drop the stone without dealing any demage.

Feel free to tell us about other ideas to nerf the ballista.
I dont know if they need nerfs, but in case they got op because of the aim dot you could, nerf ballista positions, such as reducing cover or moving them away from choke points, nerf ballista shield penetration, nerf ballista health, nerf ballista reload speed, make the ballista vulnerable to arrow damage, make catapults/onagers easier to aim so they can destroy those ballistas more easily

Balista crosshair? How about also catapult crosshair. I can't stand not knowing where its going to go. Also you can't seem to control its range. What if I need to launch something closer? You can't. Catapults need work as well.

Balista crosshair? How about also catapult crosshair. I can't stand not knowing where its going to go. Also you can't seem to control its range. What if I need to launch something closer? You can't. Catapults need work as well.
yes, the catapult minimum range is still ridiculously far, meaning that the the defenders catapult are basically useless for hitting the enemy

I think there are a lot of problems with siege engines although I like them in general. Hitting your desired targets is just a matter of memorizing the catapult configuration as both the catapults and the destructables are on fixed positions on the map.

Crosshairs on ballistas would certainly be nice. I haven't yet figured out their aim and I am certainly not motivated enough for trying to.

I think there are a lot of problems with siege engines although I like them in general. Hitting your desired targets is just a matter of memorizing the catapult configuration as both the catapults and the destructables are on fixed positions on the map.

Crosshairs on ballistas would certainly be nice. I haven't yet figured out their aim and I am certainly not motivated enough for trying to.

I actually kind of like how they made it so difficult to aim with the catapult. Its one of the strongest weapons afterall.. moreover it again adds some more realism to it. Aiming with catapults was a pain in the a** back then.

And think about it. Ballistas are like sniper rifles, if they would have a crosshair, you could hit every target you want in a few seconds and deal "a lot" of demage, actually mostly one hit is enough. Making it so difficult diminishes that overpoeweredness a lot, to the point where its mostly luck based if you hit something with it. But, allthough it takes a lot of patience and time, you can practise it and become quite decent at aiming. That seems like a fair compromiss to me. Whoever puts so much effort in practising with it, sould get rewarded.

Back
Top Bottom