Suggestion Mesh Editor Add a "right click" > duplicate mesh

Users who are viewing this thread

bestmods168

Sergeant at Arms
Suggestion to add a right click> duplicate mesh for mod tools so that we can just do simple retextures. This is good for simple stuff like weapons, shields, and clothing.

If you just want to change the texture, you can override the material of that mesh by using the "Create Override" option on its material and then changing the texture to a new one you imported. Hope this helps.

If you just want to change the texture, you can override the material of that mesh by using the "Create Override" option on its material and then changing the texture to a new one you imported. Hope this helps.
Quick Question regarding this How would you apply this override without it replacing the old textures. Or is this not something functionally possible

Hmm, currently we do not have a functionality like that. What is the thing that you want to accomplish here? Editing the mipmaps, changing some parameters? With that knowledge, I can help you faster.

Imagine doing a cape with like 26 colours that you don't want to be team_coloured for an instance. You already have the 26 colours ready as texture but don't wanna spam rename and export the mesh in a 3d editing tool. Or maybe you always have to mess around with it again taking ages to boot

Exactly all. I just want to be able to duplicate a native mesh in game so that I don't have to go to blender and re-rig everything, weight paint everything just to change the color of a clothing piece. This will be very versatile for stuff like lamellar armor. We have steel lamellar. I would just like to duplicate the mesh, change the texture color to bronze or gold and have a new version of a lamellar armor.

Exactly all. I just want to be able to duplicate a native mesh in game so that I don't have to go to blender and re-rig everything, weight paint everything just to change the color of a clothing piece. This will be very versatile for stuff like lamellar armor. We have steel lamellar. I would just like to duplicate the mesh, change the texture color to bronze or gold and have a new version of a lamellar armor.
TBF to the devs the TPAC tool if you export the model as rigged will have the weights and stuff already

Thanks for the info, This should already be possible for prefabs in the scene but not possible for armors or weapons that the agents use. I have added this to my task list. Hopefully, will come up with a solution that will ease your work as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom