MP Add a "ready" vote during warm up.

Users who are viewing this thread

JimmyCakes

Regular
Have a vote that stays active during warm up and if enough people vote yes it will start the game and end the warm up phase.

Warm up phases normally work pretty well and ensure that enough players can join until the start. But its really annoying in siege! There are lik 30vs30 players or even more on the server and you still need to wait 5 minutes for it to start, that really doesen't make sense to me.

Well basically I see to many potential problems that will stop this from working properly. How many people have to be ready to start? I mean this idea needs more details because its too superficial.

Well basically I see to many potential problems that will stop this from working properly. How many people have to be ready to start? I mean this idea needs more details because its too superficial.
It's just a QoL feature that won't hurt anybody and will let people skip the warm-up phase after everyone is connected, if everyone toggles their "ready" status. It can't really work any other way and won't be triggered unless everyone is ready. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yeah but half of people will not use that button I would suppose. I mean it is just 30 seconds waiting right? Assuming everyone presses that within 10 seconsds u save 20 seconds.

yeah but half of people will not use that button I would suppose. I mean it is just 30 seconds waiting right? Assuming everyone presses that within 10 seconsds u save 20 seconds.

I see the issue, your just looking at it from a skirmish pov, no this wouldn’t help in Skirmish, they mostly start quick enough anyways.

But for Siege, and other future modes with large players that may not be full all the time this would allow people to force through a start and people can join as it plays out.

oh yes for siege this is useful. But I then wonder, do 100% need to agree? Or like 80%? There is no way everyone is gonna press that button in a 100 player server.

I see the issue, your just looking at it from a skirmish pov, no this wouldn’t help in Skirmish, they mostly start quick enough anyways.

But for Siege, and other future modes with large players that may not be full all the time this would allow people to force through a start and people can join as it plays out.

Yeah for the small competitive modes it's not worth it. But for Siege and battle (when we get something like that) would totally be useful.

oh yes for siege this is useful. But I then wonder, do 100% need to agree? Or like 80%? There is no way everyone is gonna press that button in a 100 player server.

Well no it would work like it does in the merc mod, people could open the menu or have it as an option on the side of the screen the whole time, once it passes 60%(ie a majority) then it would start.

At least that’s how I would envisage it.

Back
Top Bottom