SP - General Add a quickload button

Users who are viewing this thread

Save scumming incoming :grin:

But, seriously, I'd like to see the quick load button too. It is way more convenient than going through "Load->Choose a save->Load" + micro stutters.

It was rejected on the basis that we don't want to encourage this kind of gameplay.
I hope I don't sound too snarky when I say this, but perhaps making sure that the game's features themselves do not encourage this kind of gameplay, rather than shooting down a quality of life addition that would alleviate the issue for the end user, would be the better approach.

The quick load feature has been brought up before as a community suggestion. It was rejected on the basis that we don't want to encourage this kind of gameplay.
That's... unexpected.
Forgive me for saying this, but it's also a pretty baffling decision.
Your *whole* gameplay loop is basically tailored AROUND savescumming due to the amount of issues with A.I, pathfinding in general and wonkiness in battles (especially sieges.)
Ask the community how much they could take with an "ironman-like" disposition before going insane, I'm sure they'll agree with the fact either the game must be polished a lot, or something like the quickload would at least alleviate the savescum practices. (Which are basically necessary at this point in time.)

The quick load feature has been brought up before as a community suggestion. It was rejected on the basis that we don't want to encourage this kind of gameplay.
I hope I don't sound too snarky when I say this, but perhaps making sure that the game's features themselves do not encourage this kind of gameplay, rather than shooting down a quality of life addition that would alleviate the issue for the end user, would be the better approach.
These words are golden.

Town infiltration without the possibility to flee if spotted (like in Warband) is one of these mechanics. With your renown being high, the chance to successfully infiltrate the town in my case is always 31-35% with Rougery 165 or something and it will inevitably go even lower. That's extremely low and if you fail - you won't have any option but to surrender and spent half of the season in prison. This may repeat for a few times in a row which will make almost anyone furious as the devil himself. Adding a simple "Flee" option will easily make -1 save scumming encouraging mechanic.

Also marriage - the random interviews will definitely encourage save scumming.

Prison escapes with the fearless Duncan MacLeod-style AI is also one of these mechanics (but Duh has already announced that we'll be able to tell them to stay out of fight, hope it'll come soon (c)

Other players may also name a thing or two of a kind I might have forgotten, but I hope you've got my point.

Back
Top Bottom