SP - UI Add a function for auto Upgrading Units?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

Clicking through all my units upgrading them one by one is frustrating me.

So I'm suggesting a function for auto upgrading based on settings you set in the unit progress trees you see when right clicking the unit.

Say I want my imperial recruits to turn into 50% Imperial Legionary, 40% Imperial Palatine Guards and 10% Imperial Bucellarii. I'll just go to the unit tree and slide some bars around for setting the desired party composition of troops.

Progress should also be shown in the unit tree line.

Then in the party screen there can be a button for "auto upgrade", or it can be a setting in campaign settings.

+1+1+1+1 !!!!
Upgrading units we've been doing like this since mount and blade... time for a new*/easier approch! One that lessens the amount of scrolling having to be done <3

Internally we're having discussions about this aspect of the party screen. We're aware it's a friction point in the user experience and discussing solutions. It's in early stages so when we have something more concrete I'll share them with you.

Internally we're having discussions about this aspect of the party screen. We're aware it's a friction point in the user experience and discussing solutions. It's in early stages so when we have something more concrete I'll share them with you.
Have you thought about why it is allowed to upgrade troops in the middle of nowhere? You currently have a mounted troop upgrade horse requirement, but where do my recruits get their shields/armor/weapons from if I'm in the middle of a desert? Have you considered restricting troop upgrades to when in towns only? That money I pay for upgrades should be going to the town armourer/smith. Not to mention this would add additional depth, since not all towns could be friendly to us and offer their services...

Have you thought about why it is allowed to upgrade troops in the middle of nowhere? You currently have a mounted troop upgrade horse requirement, but where do my recruits get their shields/armor/weapons from if I'm in the middle of a desert? Have you considered restricting troop upgrades to when in towns only? That money I pay for upgrades should be going to the town armourer/smith. Not to mention this would add additional depth, since not all towns could be friendly to us and offer their services...

That is a rabbit hole that I don't feel comfortable going down in? It would have drastic consequences in economy, how battles would play out, how armies would behave etc.

That is a rabbit hole that I don't feel comfortable going down in? It would have drastic consequences in economy, how battles would play out, how armies would behave etc.
Would you consider discussing this internally? Economy wise - instead of "voiding" the money, it would be added to the town account, and it is a rather small amount of money. And yes it would need additional pathfinding for NPC to source friendly towns once they have accumulated enough experience to upgrade a significant batch of troops.

Oh I want to see troop upgrades restricted to towns only so badly :/
@mexxico what are your thoughts on this? Do you think it's a rabbit hole too deep to venture into too? But at the same time current horse requirement for mounted troop upgrade is there, so it's kind of yeah we want to simulate realism so no magic horses spawn, but magic armor/weapon spawn is fine :sad:

Back
Top Bottom