SP - General Add 3 more roles to parties

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr-Bandit

Recruit
parties allow for scouts, quartermasters, surgeons, engineers... but there is nothing for charm, rogue, tactics or trade.

i would suggest creating roles for these to fill weaknesses in leader traits, and to help spread around exp to train minions.
lets try, an agent or spy for roguery, tactician for tactics, merchant for trade, envoy or diplomat for charm.

i guess leadership should be overlooked, as leadership should be learned by leading...

edit: yeah i said 3 roles in the title and named 4 in the post. this is my first post and i don't know how to edit titles. also - I no can count...

I don't know how this works in game, how much advantage does these current roles really give the player over AI parties? I mean, lategame a scout, steward, engeneer and surgeon provide lots of benefits to their parties, is none of these benefits given to AI parties or they all look at the partyleader? If they do the latter, most clans does likely go backwards rather than forward in their "role-quality" while the player massively goes forward. New/more roles adds to this loss for AI :smile: The "easy" solution is to give AI companions too :razz:

Othervice I´m all for it but it would require a re-work of the perks for charm, rougue, tactics and trade for them to give something to parties with someone of that role :smile:

Last edited:
I don't know how this works in game, how much advantage does these current roles really give the player over AI parties? I mean, lategame a scout, steward, engeneer and surgeon provide lots of benefits to their parties, is none of these benefits given to AI parties or they all look at the partyleader? If they do the latter, most clans does likely go backwards rather than forward in their "role-quality" while the player massively goes forward. New/more roles adds to this loss for AI :smile: The "easy" solution is to give AI companions too :razz:

Othervice I´m all for it but it would require a re-work of the perks for charm, rougue, tactics and trade for them to give something to parties with someone of that role :smile:

i'm not sure a re-work would be necessary, what is the difference between having the skills yourself and having a minion apply them to yourself?

the later advantages while still a factor are not as much the point as a way to train minions up, some quests require skills that cannot be levelled easily, this would help train them up to improve chances of success for those quests.

i'm not sure a re-work would be necessary, what is the difference between having the skills yourself and having a minion apply them to yourself?
If you look at the perks, they have accessors. It can be "Partyleader", "Captain", "Governor" etc. For Medicin, Scouting, Engineering and Stewardship there are accessors for the roles also. "Surgeon", "Scout", "Engineer" and "Quartermaster". For your "Tacticion" to do anything to the party, Tactics perks need to have an equivelant accessor - "Tactician" - that applies only for charachters that has this party role.

So the difference is the way the game is built and how it work.

In warband, the charachter with the highest Scouting- skill were your scout. This is not the case in BL.

If you look at the perks, they have accessors. It can be "Partyleader", "Captain", "Governor" etc. For Medicin, Scouting, Engineering and Stewardship there are accessors for the roles also. "Surgeon", "Scout", "Engineer" and "Quartermaster". For your "Tacticion" to do anything to the party, Tactics perks need to have an equivelant accessor - "Tactician" - that applies only for charachters that has this party role.

So the difference is the way the game is built and how it work.

In warband, the charachter with the highest Scouting- skill were your scout. This is not the case in BL.

well... yes! my suggestion was that these roles be considered for addition! that was why i made this thread. to create these "accessor"s for these new roles.

well... yes! my suggestion was that these roles be considered for addition! that was why i made this thread. to create these "accessor"s for these new roles.
remaking skillperks I assume won't happen to a greater degree at this point.. But adding more tracks could be an option.

remaking skillperks I assume won't happen to a greater degree at this point.. But adding more tracks could be an option.

why would they need to remake skillperks? the ones the companion npc's have is the same as the player.

when assigning a role to a companion, all that does is override the players skill lvl and traits, and apply them to the party instead (and apply earned exp to the npc not the player).

it's really not a very big change.

why would they need to remake skillperks? the ones the companion npc's have is the same as the player.

when assigning a role to a companion, all that does is override the players skill lvl and traits, and apply them to the party instead (and apply earned exp to the npc not the player).

it's really not a very big change.

That's not how the game works. All existing roles has their own accessors.

lets try, an agent or spy for roguery, tactician for tactics, merchant for trade, envoy or diplomat for charm.

i guess leadership should be overlooked, as leadership should be learned by leading...
I agree for the "merchant (trade)" role and maybe for the "spy (roguery)" thing, although roguery could be interesting for a different type of quartermaster.
But for "tactics" and "charm" I disagree, your point with leadership is relevant there too, this are things only the party leader should do (telling units what to do with "tactics" and speaking for the group with "charm")

Back
Top Bottom