Actually managing villages is there any hope?

Users who are viewing this thread

I wish castles wall upgrades were significant, a citadel should be almost impenetrable with a decent garrison with less attack options for the sieging army. The Empire should have much better defensive settlements imo, maybe a capital like Constantinople with almost impossible walls to take by force.
That would be awesome, would love for wall upgrades to have much more meaning and drastically increase the time and men needed to take the settlement.

Would be cool if the empire had a capital with a unique 4th level wall that made it nearly impossible to take, to control it should be the main goal of the 3 imperial factions split in the civil war and they could even make a special event like if an imperial faction controls the capital + 2/3 of imperial lands they get renamed Calradic Empire and get a new banner meaning it finally achieve legitimacy to claim the united imperial title.

If a % of castle garrison would ,at least, show up to protect villages + it is militia, that would be nice.
It would make raiding more worth it since you are whittling down some of the garrison. As it is right now, raiding is a pure net loss. I like to use it but its just not worth it.
If we had the old system back where you tell a lord to raid around an area back. It would open more strategical approaches to starving settlements before a siege or just to lure the enemy army without massive relationship losses.

Well, they said they didn't want to spend a bunch of time dealing with dumb edge cases and apparently that is (according to other, non-TW, devs) the majority of design work and bug fixing? Like, I'm not a game dev, but if a feature is going to cost you 10,000 man-hours + ongoing maintenance (whatever the proper term in coder language is) or something stupid as hell like that, from a project management standpoint I'd be looking real hard at what benefits it brings.
I agree, that is why I said that I can see why they would scrap custom castles.

Villages upgrades a la Warband though would hardly cost 10k man hours. Having to scrap custom castles does not necessarily mean that the alternative is zero.

TW said they scrapped it cause it was getting too confusing for the AI, rules like where is more beneficial to build a castle of focus on economy, changing situations when borders expanded or shrunk, things like losing the city which the village was attached to like would the village go with it? if it has a castle no, then what if the castle was destroyed etc

Honestly they could have managed it with a bit more development time to fix these kinks, this system was Mexxico's design but he said that in one of their meetings the management decided to scrap it and chose another model that was simpler (even more so than warband's one) so there was no point in beating a dead horse on this case.
Bad decisions are bad, management should've been scrapped instead.

Yuke ! Cross village / castle ? no .. Adding a village building that prolongs attacks and reduces repair time, maybe ??

I like the current system to pin down attackers then you move in to help the village. Some village battle maps are BUGGED

What I REALLY NEED is a watch tower to inform when enemy armies are coming.

Just reporting a 2000 man army in the middle of my lands would suffice lol. Though I wish garrisons were more than passive nuisance. Village militias should attack nearby looters, a town garrison of 300 should attack a passing 100 man party.

Personally speaking I don't see the interest to be able to manage every single village on the map.
If it was only one you could make evolve to a castle and then being able to set it as a home settlement and even make it become a town, then maybe yes.
Current system is fine, but need more synergies.
Some examples:
Villages bound to castles : high upgrades to defense.
Villages bound to towns : medium upgrades to production and defense.
The above upgrades would be available through town/castle management window and applied to all bound villages.
Also I'd like to see synergies between castles and towns as well.
Owning X castles around a town would boost local defense (bonus to militia, garrison xp etc).

Can you recommend me any of those mods? Really looking for some deeper experience on this area.
Here is one:

Just reporting a 2000 man army in the middle of my lands would suffice lol. Though I wish garrisons were more than passive nuisance. Village militias should attack nearby looters, a town garrison of 300 should attack a passing 100 man party.
Once again mods come to the rescue, Garrison Do Something implements that more or less, patrols created from garrisons when they detect small enemy parties nearby like bandits or single lords and guerrilla attacks to passing armies that forgot Medieval warfare 101.

Once again mods come to the rescue, Garrison Do Something implements that more or less, patrols created from garrisons when they detect small enemy parties nearby like bandits or single lords and guerrilla attacks to passing armies that forgot Medieval warfare 101.
Thx for sharing and I definitely want to try it!
Though I'm wondering how much garrison would be drained out on long term...

Thx for sharing and I definitely want to try it!
Though I'm wondering how much garrison would be drained out on long term...
didn't noticed any changes to my garrisons around here since the game can also auto-recruit new soldiers for you and with the improved garrisons mod you can fine tune this like "always have 150men in your garrisons" so if they drop from this number the mod will recruit from nearby fiefs.

Well forget mods, I'm even scared to get the official updates in fear of bugs haha. Maybe once the game becomes more stable...

Well forget mods, I'm even scared to get the official updates in fear of bugs haha. Maybe once the game becomes more stable...
That's the biggest problem when using mods while still being in EA.
Every single hot fix may broke them and you finish with a unplayable campaign...

Back
Top Bottom