Activation Key does not work fully.

Users who are viewing this thread

I have two windows accounts on my computer but both of them use the same steam profile. When I launch warband on one of the windows accounts it work perfectly fine with no problems. Where as when I launch it on the second account when I try to join Multiplayer games it says my activation key is invalid and I cannont find out where to re-enter my activation key on the game so it will work for my second account as the first account is not mine it is a relatives.

You need to change the key in the registry. In Windows 7, open the start menu, type cmd, right click on the command prompt and select "Run as administrator"

In the command prompt, type "regedit"

Navigate to HK Current User> Software > MountAndBladeWarbandKeys

You can delete the keys listed, and you will be prompted to enter your key next time you start the game, or you can edit the strings and enter your key directly in the registry.

Edit: You shouldn't have problems unless you try to run both at the same time. I am guessing this is dual boot/vm though

You could also install the game separate from steam, using the version you download from the taleworlds website and use the steam key to activate it, (assuming you've converted from the 5x5 key to the 4x4) and that would be a simple solution to your problem. If you need the steam overlay you can just add it as a "unoffical steam game"

Back
Top Bottom