Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I dont want them at all, i hate achievements

Votes: 4 5.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Timmortal

Knight at Arms
What are people hoping for?

I would like to have more and harder achievements, sometimes it gives you motivation to try something new, like get all the perks for mace or axe or as a female become empress, making you use weapons you might never try out otherwise.

Next poll: Should there be more polls? More creative polls? Just more polls? Less quantity but really fun polls? Polls you can choose multiple options? More options? Less options? Polls you can lick? Polls you can kick? All Polls are Bastards?

Let me know what you think. You think I should have written more questions? More quality? Less quality but more sarcastic? Fun? Realism?

edit: @Timmortal Tim I mean no offence, it is just funny there are a lot of polls about anything. I also don't know how to spend time till the end of March

It can be fun to get some of the more obscure achievements. If you look at the steam achievements for Warband, it is surprising how few people have ever started their own kingdom. Hardly anyone has conquered all of Calradia. I kind of thought that was the whole point of the game.

Next poll: Should there be more polls? More creative polls? Just more polls? Less quantity but really fun polls? Polls you can choose multiple options? More options? Less options? Polls you can lick? Polls you can kick? All Polls are Bastards?

Let me know what you think. You think I should have written more questions? More quality? Less quality but more sarcastic? Fun? Realism?

edit: @Timmortal Tim I mean no offence, it is just funny there are a lot of polls about anything. I also don't know how to spend time till the end of March
I must admit i dont understand why you use your time writing a post like that, when its a subject that does not interest you, just move on.

I think the inclusion of multiplayer achievements should continue, makes players play the whole game to get full completion. Which I'd say is fair. I only mention this as I have heard some SP players complain that they had to play MP to get 100%, but I'd say it is fair enough to expect that they do play MP also.

There's two main points to achievements.

The first is that it allows developers to track what players do. All those "Clear Chapter X" achievements tell devs how far most people play the game. If there's a dramatic decline in the number of people who complete chapter 5 compared to those who complete chapter 4, it says there's either a: People stop playing the game then b: chapter 5 is overly hard or tedious c: There's a significant amount of other stuff to do after clearing chapter 4 than the main quest or d: a bug in registering completion of chapter 5. All of that is stuff you normally have to pay to learn and can influence patches ect.. Of course, it's important devs actually know what their analytics mean. Saints Row 3 cut the popular activities because achivements showed few people completed all of them in 2, not aware that's because Tow Truck was a glitchy mess that was hard to complete. With Mount and Blade, this shows things like
Mod are overwhelmingly popular (more people have played one than fully completed the opening quest)
Over a third have played a female character for a significant amount of time
Less than a third have played multiplayer a significant amount
Few have completed the game (endgame is horribly tedious due to seiges being a mess).
Almost as few have done claiment quests (They're bugged, and even if they did work they're unrewarding for the effort that's needed)

The other is encouraging players to do things they normally wouldn't by giving it some recognition. This can be as simple as acknowledging the player has done a run with some condition like no kills.

For Bannerlord, I think the following things would be worth tracking or encouraging
1: Clan respect
2: Actually getting a game over (this requires losing your entire clan, so it's not something most players would encounter)
3: Something related to playing as a child (Likewise, I assume this requires the PC dying young to even start and would increase difficulty compared to playing an adult)
4: Winning a siege+winning x seiges (see if these are nearly as big a road block as Warband)
5: Something something minor factions
6: Faction choice

Last edited:
Away with you vile beggars!
Defeat a group of looters.

Payback
Knock unconscious a Mamluke.

Most Ancient and Puissant House
Have your Clan reach Tier 4.

Purple Blood
Become Emperor/Empress of the unified Calradic Empire

Ascension
Become King/Queen of one of the Factions.

Mountain Blade
Defeat a party of Mountain Bandits. (Obligatory)

Dark Butter
Uncover the terrible reason why camels went extinct.

Last edited:
Dark Butter
Uncover the terrible reason why camels went extinct.

giphy.gif

I do enjoy the references they put in Warband's achievements and I do hope they include some self referential achievements, ones that reference some of the long standing memes of Warband like an achievement for hoarding butter as king of the Vlandians.
I love the more humourous achievements and I will be disappointed if there isn't an achievement for defeating a character with the maximum height with a character who has minimum height with throwing stones.

Granted, I would also like some more serious achievements, ones propose challenges for players to complete.

Back
Top Bottom