Abuse of the votekicking system needs serious attention

Users who are viewing this thread

skirmish is obviously not casual stop fooling yourself,eh?
Isn't it, since it is unranked, casual by default? I get that lot's of people play skirimish mode with a non-casual mindset and take it very seriously, but that doesn't make the mode itself non-casual. Casual is in most mp gaming context referring to unranked mode (which is the only mode we've got).

I think ranked mode would solve a lot of problems for TW, especially the situation this tread is about. No reason to kick people for gold when, by merit of their ranking, they are at least as good as the rest of the team.

It would also make the game more fun for everyone. I find it equally unfun to get stomped by far better players as stomping far worse players. It also brings a lot of frustration to have those worse players on your team and (for me atleast) a lot of self consious shame when I'm the worst player on my team.

I don't want only ranked tho. I would like all the same modes, but the option to choose between a ranked and an unranked queue.

Isn't it, since it is unranked, casual by default? I get that lot's of people play skirimish mode with a non-casual mindset and take it very seriously, but that doesn't make the mode itself non-casual. Casual is in most mp gaming context referring to unranked mode (which is the only mode we've got).

I think ranked mode would solve a lot of problems for TW, especially the situation this tread is about. No reason to kick people for gold when, by merit of their ranking, they are at least as good as the rest of the team.

It would also make the game more fun for everyone. I find it equally unfun to get stomped by far better players as stomping far worse players. It also brings a lot of frustration to have those worse players on your team and (for me atleast) a lot of self consious shame when I'm the worst player on my team.

I don't want only ranked tho. I would like all the same modes, but the option to choose between a ranked and an unranked queue.
ı understand why you think it is not ranked game mode,but people play skirmish with a tryhard mindset (includin me). And unlike casual game modes like tdm or siege, your kda and wins are being counted in skirmish. This is why %99 of the players tryhard in skirmish,no one wants a **** kda. And even though it is not officially a ranked game mode, people see skirmish as one because of the facts ı have given above. And also, ı agree ranked skirmish would solve this issue but they can not implement this just yet because there are literally 200 people playing skirmish. And no, it is not because we kick trash, they rq even when we dont kick them. It is because game itself is not good enough to attract new players.

We were playing as Sturgia versus Empire and i was using cav because i preferred playing that way and we've also won the first round thanks to me distracting the AI. The round later a very nice gentleman asked me with broken english "why picking cav", i ignored him and when he noticed i picked cavalry he immediately votekicked me and the rest of the team voted yes. And then there is people saying "people playing cav make the game unplayable", but i literally cannot play lmao.

Ah yes, the Bannerlord Multiplayer experience, what fantastic friendships and adventures you can make!

Ah yes, the Bannerlord Multiplayer experience, what fantastic friendships and adventures you can make!
Having 1 (or finite x) bad brushes with someone does not reflect the community. Look at it this way: if they kicked u out you are better off without them. Come play EU siege there are a ton of good ppl there (with a few morons I give you that) but most are Lords who know how to behave in their own castle. (or while sieging some else's caslte :razz: ). GLHF.
and of course: protect those precious camels.

Those who get kicked are usually trolls or abusive guys. Also seen those who exploit the game to complain a lot.
Never got kicked from any game.

I somehow manage to get in a game of captain mode after waiting +8 minutes, it is said to be the kind of mode that gives more loot.

3 minutes into the first round a member of clan [di] or [dl] "strider's hier" starts a poll to kick me

everyone ignores him but the second poll kicks me out, even thou we where 3 vs 3

I mean WFT, in NA is very difficult to play those modes it wasn't even full and this guy kicks me?

if he was the leader he failed to stablish the strategy by text or voice

it was empire vs kuzait, we were empire, I started as archer, got some kills but I was knocked out first. wasn't doing well, granted.

second round I choose legionaries like everyone else. I engaged the enemy, distracted their main force and suffered casualties, wasn't even done and got the boot.

don't be like that guys, toxicity is also killing the game, I was just trying to get LOOT!!! -fix this developers-

if you want to kick always type a reason

if you want to vote, ask why

rant out.

I somehow manage to get in a game of captain mode after waiting +8 minutes, it is said to be the kind of mode that gives more loot.

I mean WFT, in NA is very difficult to play those modes it wasn't even full and this guy kicks me?

EU kicks if you lose a round hard from my experience, NA kicks if they try to tell you something and you don't listen and only a few people get mad. NA East games are usually going by 12 EST and run until 4 AM EST, EU is running most of the time, I think they kick more because they don't think about waiting so long for a single match.

3 minutes into the first round a member of clan [di] or [dl] "strider's hier" starts a poll to kick me

everyone ignores him but the second poll kicks me out, even thou we where 3 vs 3

if he was the leader he failed to stablish the strategy by text or voice

it was empire vs kuzait, we were empire, I started as archer, got some kills but I was knocked out first. wasn't doing well, granted.

second round I choose legionaries like everyone else. I engaged the enemy, distracted their main force and suffered casualties, wasn't even done and got the boot.

don't be like that guys, toxicity is also killing the game, I was just trying to get LOOT!!! -fix this developers-

if you want to kick always type a reason

if you want to vote, ask why

rant out.
I do not rule out that you are a great duelist or skirmish player, but that will not help you to be successful in captain mode out of the blue. Other skills are required there. And you understand that in any mode, players want to win victories: to get more loot or for fun - it doesn't matter. But if you use unsupported archers against Khuzaites with full shields and cavalry with glaives, and in the next round you lose your squad, fighting alone, then this causes justified indignation of other team members, realizing the hopelessness of their desire to win in partnership with you. I am sure that you could have read the relevant messages in the game chat before voting for the kick.
But in general, there is nothing wrong with that. After all, even a negative experience is an experience, and a real man should not be upset about the first failures. Keep playing, gain experience and you will definitely reach your goal - you will receive a lot of loot. But the most important thing is that you will prove to yourself and others that nothing is impossible for you and that you can master the captain mode no worse than other MP modes. Good luck!

I do not rule out that you are a great duelist or skirmish player, but that will not help you to be successful in captain mode out of the blue. Other skills are required there. And you understand that in any mode, players want to win victories: to get more loot or for fun - it doesn't matter. But if you use unsupported archers against Khuzaites with full shields and cavalry with glaives, and in the next round you lose your squad, fighting alone, then this causes justified indignation of other team members, realizing the hopelessness of their desire to win in partnership with you. I am sure that you could have read the relevant messages in the game chat before voting for the kick.
But in general, there is nothing wrong with that. After all, even a negative experience is an experience, and a real man should not be upset about the first failures. Keep playing, gain experience and you will definitely reach your goal - you will receive a lot of loot. But the most important thing is that you will prove to yourself and others that nothing is impossible for you and that you can master the captain mode no worse than other MP modes. Good luck!
How are people going to gain experience if they are kicked by the other players for being inexperienced?

Behaving with intelligence, kindness and honour makes a better life (and better game) for everyone.
That is 100% right. Player, who has no intelligence, kindness and honour should be kicked from captains mode it is not up to player has 750 wins badge or no badge noob. That game mode has only one motto. Monkeys Together Strong. If a guy deliberately picks wrong class or not listens the team, means that Player has no respect for other 5 Teammates on that game mode so s/he deserves to be kicked.

edit:
But for skirmish, yeah that's toxic behaviour. 90% of the time

Last edited:
I don't think that loot makes people kick more. Badges were probably worse as they only accounted for victories.
I think the compensation for missing players is more a important aspect.
Without compensation kicking is only worth it when you are actively hurting the team, with compensation every player needs to be at least as useful as the extra troops/money that people would get from kicking him.
If the compensationaccounts for the entire troop strenght of the missing player that a team benefits from kicking every player who is worse than team-average to reallocate his resources to others.

How to fix it? Reduce compensation gained from kicking players but keep the compensation for leaving players the same.

Would also like to see a system implemented where you have to reward some of your resources to other players. People who perform better would usually be given more stuff by their mates while underperforming playyers would be given less, functioning essentally like a form of "kicking light"

Nice. So trolls can keep trolling the game even after getting kicked by draining economy.

This touches at the core of the issue: we have no standards of what is right or wrong in terms of kicking.

Would also like to see a system implemented where you have to reward some of your resources to other players. People who perform better would usually be given more stuff by their mates while underperforming playyers would be given less, functioning essentally like a form of "kicking light"
Well right now you get gold for not dying and loot for getting kills

Nice. So trolls can keep trolling the game even after getting kicked by draining economy.
May be better than the worst player being kicked every time.

How about my second suggestion? Ifyou made it mandatory to distribute half of your resources to other players that would mitigate the impact of trolls while still allowing noobs to learn with less risk for the team.
+Organized parties would have it easier to keep everyone in his specialization, especially in the upcoming one life mode where the money at the start of each spawn wave won't always suffice for the expensive classes for everyone.

You cant perfectly solve the kick issue like that nor take it out. Take inspiration from CS GO... seems to be working there and they have the same system and despite that still have a massive player base so the issue is not in the votekicking mechanic! The game has many other underlying issues that might fix the playerbase issue.

1st. Option to fixing the votekick abuse : 2modes Casual and Ranked, casual having no votekick option or simply no rewards for winning aka loot rank and such so playing it is just for fun and experience in the game.

2nd. Custom servers -> like in warband there is no issue there!! And game pop would grow so would good players hence more interest in ranked... That is the best choice for the multiplayer pop of the game. (A little anecdote from my personal exp. When I started playing NW i sucked at it but kept playing in the La Haye Sainte melee only server till i got good and joined a clan then started playing competitive groupfighting and so on and so forth.)

Stop whining and just accept it for what it is.
Cuz currently if u play u want a chance to win, its a quality of life choice to kick the underperforming players when you are facing a 5-6stack. Why waste your time and energy knowing you would certainly loose badly and what does that new guy learn outside of that they are not as good. Because currently having even one bad player against a proficient enemy team can be a let down cuz even one person carries a huge impact esp when they run alone and die instantly. Another viable option is adding a surrender option so u end the game and get no penalty for leaving.

Votekick is necessary and should stay. Fix the rest of the game first and the playerbase wont be an issue!

When I started playing NW i sucked at it but kept playing in the La Haye Sainte melee only server till i got good and joined a clan then started playing competitive groupfighting and so on and so forth.)
Stop whining and just accept it for what it is.
Cuz currently if u play u want a chance to win, its a quality of life choice to kick the underperforming players when you are facing a 5-6stack. Why waste your time

What a lucky man you are, that the people on that server and in the clan didn't kick you for underperforming. Now that you feel like you're good, you should pay the same respect to those below you imho

What a lucky man you are, that the people on that server and in the clan didn't kick you for underperforming. Now that you feel like you're good, you should pay the same respect to those below you imho
You completely miss my point! And quite selectively pick out parts that suit your narrative!

The server I played on didnt have a kick poll!!! Because it was hosted by a random person and had no rewards nor any competitive or ranked aspect, it had moderators that get to kick sb if they dislike em or think they are hacking thats that! It is exactly why this game needs such servers. Have you ever even played warband?

Ranks are also a big implementation that will be necessary as to segment the player base based on skill so that it further prevents unfair matchups in ranked game mode.

Why is it that only sweaty mediocre players with thousand or more hours yet still in low divisions are the ones that actually want to kick new players for not being good enough lmao, you guys are bad because you are ****ing bad and bullying new players isn't gonna make you any better.

Back
Top Bottom