Abuse of the votekicking system needs serious attention

Users who are viewing this thread

Always fun to see **** players trying to show dominance on casuals like us because they get stomped by other people :iamamoron:
:iamamoron: . If you aren't in RM or DM I don't think you can call someone **** ;D

I am in my right to kick whoever I want and if people support it you must ban half the community. I normally play solo or with 2 or 3-man stack and still other people help me or I help them kick a certain player for whatever reason. It's been months since I was toxic towards any player if the dude is ruining my game by being useless I can kick him and get extra spawns simple. Thinking you can get me banned for kicking players it's really funny.
man u sure have to buy a life, for real, do you really see the sense in your comment /behavior? SKIRMISH is not a competitive game, you don't have the right to kick anyone and INSULT AND BEING TOXIC, because u "feels like", vote kick is for bad behaviors, you and people like you are the only ones ruining others games, and the whole multiplayer, so don't fool yourself.

I guess people like you who have very low self-esteem need to feel some "empowerment" by being an ass in a game. which is very sad tbh.

The kick function is there to kick people for teamkilling
I hope you mean intentional teamhitting.
If a bad player does some teamkills because he is bad its not a kick reason. If I do 3 teamkills in one match (accident) , which happens, I also dont want to get kicked.

Always fun to see **** players trying to show dominance on casuals like us because they get stomped by other people :iamamoron:
:iamamoron: . If you aren't in RM or DM I don't think you can call someone **** ;D
Of course you can call other players ****, if ur not in RM or DM. Don't get why you're mentioning those clans specifically. There are many other clans that are decent, and would probably be even better than RM and DM if they had played the game as much as the people on those 2 clans have.
I hope you mean intentional teamhitting.
If a bad player does some teamkills because he is bad its not a kick reason. If I do 3 teamkills in one match (accident) , which happens, I also dont want to get kicked.
So you're saying, if a bad player teamkills you 3 times by accident, you're not gonna kick him? I think we both know, that that's not true. Also, I've seen some of the white knights in this thread, who are complaining so very much about the votekicking system, kick players that teamkilled them like once. As reason they then always state: "Uh didnt say sorry".
man u sure have to buy a life, for real, do you really see the sense in your comment /behavior? SKIRMISH is not a competitive game, you don't have the right to kick anyone and INSULT AND BEING TOXIC, because u "feels like", vote kick is for bad behaviors, you and people like you are the only ones ruining others games, and the whole multiplayer, so don't fool yourself.

I guess people like you who have very low self-esteem need to feel some "empowerment" by being an ass in a game. which is very sad tbh.
Could not have said it any better! But Death is a lost cause anyways, cuz he actually thinks he matters, when in truth he's the one that destroyed KW. It's kinda pathetic of Death to even comment on this thread ngl...

Of course you can call other players ****, if ur not in RM or DM. Don't get why you're mentioning those clans specifically. There are many other clans that are decent, and would probably be even better than RM and DM if they had played the game as much as the people on those 2 clans have.

So you're saying, if a bad player teamkills you 3 times by accident, you're not gonna kick him? I think we both know, that that's not true. Also, I've seen some of the white knights in this thread, who are complaining so very much about the votekicking system, kick players that teamkilled them like once. As reason they then always state: "Uh didnt say sorry".

Could not have said it any better! But Death is a lost cause anyways, cuz he actually thinks he matters, when in truth he's the one that destroyed KW. It's kinda pathetic of Death to even comment on this thread ngl...
I follow bannerlord competitive with interest, but I am not part of it since I dislike the game. What I saw are div A players who don't understand why the kicking option is abused with people not that good who advocate it.

In order to properly enforce when kicking is appropriate and when it is not, you need clearly defined guidelines. The content of what should be in these guidelines is something that should be discussed in this thread. Introductory to this, my view on the matter would be that kicking players who are not following the team strategy can be kicked without repercussions. Also, in view of the fact that a lot of players are kicked for lacking individual skill, I think this indeed should be a punishable offense. The severity of the punishment is another thing up for discussion, though I think a temporary ban would be a good place to start.

How is it so difficult for some people to use the kick function for intended purposes? If you have a player in your team that is intentionally teamkilling, teamhitting, cheatin etc, that's what it is for.
If you use the comfort of queueing in a group to kick out bad players, just because of loot, you should readjust your take on queueing in random lobbies and generally playing for leisure. It is beyond obvious that no decent group of players oughta abuse votekicking for trolling purposes or generally without good cause as listed in my first paragraph.
Obviously clan leads should hold their players up to some behavioural standard. These may vary of course, but I doubt anyone wouldn't agree that abusing votekicks is equally as undesirable as abusive voice- or textchat etc. The modus operandi in a community like ours has always been to contact the lead of a certain clan about misbehaviour of their players and let them handle it accordingly.
Did anyone do that?
Of course excluding the obvious use of in game reports etc.

On a side note: Why gender even became part of the discussion eludes my, it's got no bearings over the issue at hand whatsoever.
Also: stop kicking randoms because you think you end up with less loot. That's just sad and pathetic.

Have TW ever said what kick function is intended to accomplish?

1. Teamkillers
2. Trolls
3. Abusive chat
4. Not following group
5. Playing badly
6. To balance teams
7. To get more gold for the "better" players
8. Get more loot
9. Deny others loot
10. AFK (30 sec, 1 round, 2 rounds etc.)
11. "Camping" in unreachable spawn as for example archer
12. "Delaying" Running around as cav while hopelessly outnumbered.
etc.

Some more, some less legitimate reasons. We should have a common reference point

Last edited:

Only pathetic thing here is you and your existance.

Have TW ever said what kick function is intended to accomplish?

1. Teamkillers
2. Trolls
3. Abusive chat
4. Not following group
5. Playing badly
6. To balance teams
7. To get more gold for the "better" players
8. Get more loot
9. Deny others loot
10. AFK (30 sec, 1 round, 2 rounds etc.)
11. "Camping" in unreachable spawn as for example archer
12. "Delaying" Running around as cav while hopelessly outnumbered.
etc.

Some more, some less legitimate reasons. We should have a common reference point
How to justify your clan ****ty behaviour. We all know what the kick function is. Anyone breaking the rules implemented by Taleworlds should be kicked. Its not ranked matchmaking, you have no reason or justification to kick someone, neither to balance teams. You and your clanmates can pull your head out of your arse and try and not kill an already small community.

How to justify your clan ****ty behaviour. We all know what the kick function is. Anyone breaking the rules implemented by Taleworlds should be kicked. Its not ranked matchmaking, you have no reason or justification to kick someone, neither to balance teams. You and your clanmates can pull your head out of your arse and try and not kill an already small community.
I also believe puppies should be kicked

to be fair he did say:

Imo the list should read:

1. intentional teamkilling
2. abusive chat
3. glitching
I mean... Don't you think that list is a bit short? People that are constantly going off on their own, resulting in the team being one or even two players down from basically the start of every round, should be kicked as well. I get that not everyone has thousands of hours in Warband, and not everyone comes to this game with at least a basic understanding of how things work, but (and I won't mention names) some members of this community aren't just inexperienced... they are just simply stupid.

I've had this case quite a few times, where you tell pubs to stick together or give them other directions, and they just run the other way, right into a couched lance. Therefor my list of reasons to votekick would look like this:

1. Intentional Teamhitting/killing
2. Trolling [i.e. Dropping all your weapons and just letting yourself get killed | Couching the horses of your own cavalry on purpose etc.]
3. Glitching or Cheating of any sort.
4. Not following the team / Going off on your own, and dying repeatedly.

Again, I'm not saying that only one person or only clan members can make decisions, but at least write your own ideas in teamchat, instead of just running off to your death.

Also, I actually don't see "Abusive Chat" as that much of an issue, as this game is not intended for PG-Players, but for 16+... And I am fairly sure every 16 year old and above can take "You retard" or "Spastic" without going to their parents and crying their little eyes out. The only times I support a kick for "Abusive Chat" is, if the targetted player(s) told the other party to stop repeatedly, and they won't comply.. And of course there is the case of racism, which should be banned either way.

And for pickups. Say a player crashes, and is able to get back into lobby quickly enough for the game to still run (and before round 2 ends IIRC). Should the other 5 people in the one pickup team be able to kick the players who join the crashed player's spot?

And the thing about abusive chat. Could this not just be solved by muting the person?

How much leniency should be shown to people who are AFK? Should they be able to stay AFK for several rounds? 1 round?

Is delaying by running around the map on a horse while being the last one/hiding/camping spawn trolling? You could argue that the opposing team can just cap flags.

Is 2 teamkills per round enough to be kicked? What about 5? What if the teamkills are clearly not intentional, maybe the player in question is just used to playing TDM with no team damage.

Should we hold higher skilled/experienced players to higher standards? If an experienced player acquires the same amount of teamkills as a lower skilled player, should he/she have a lower tolerance to be kicked? The argument being that the experienced player can obviously hold/time their swings better.

Glitching. People using cav rear glitch? What about map glitches?

I don't think all of these questions have 100 % consensus, which is why I am interested in hearing specific opinions about this. Rather than people alluding to some sort of consensus we either; supposedly have reached, or Taleworlds have clarified.

------------------------------

Taleworlds code of conduct:
"Apply fair play to everything you do in-game. Don’t use third-party hacks or exploits."
"Don’t abuse bugs or glitches that affect the game outcome, instead report them here."
- Do we agree what exploits, bugs and glitches are?

"Don’t troll by abusing in-game features to limit other players’ gameplay or inhibit their ability to win."
- Widely open to interpretation. Going alone? Picking shield inf and dropping shield? Refusing to 2v1 last enemy, instead allowing the enemy to kill your teammate because the enemy asked for a duel?

"Team-kills/hits can occur in the heat of the game and are understandable while accidental. Excessive team damage and intentional team kills/hits aren’t permitted."
- Not quantified

"Do not disconnect, leave the game, go AFK, refuse to play in game modes which require your active participation to establish a fair playing environment. We understand that various offline events can interrupt your gaming session but don’t make it a habit."
- Etc.

Last edited:
I mean... Don't you think that list is a bit short? People that are constantly going off on their own, resulting in the team being one or even two players down from basically the start of every round, should be kicked as well. I get that not everyone has thousands of hours in Warband, and not everyone comes to this game with at least a basic understanding of how things work, but (and I won't mention names) some members of this community aren't just inexperienced... they are just simply stupid.

I've had this case quite a few times, where you tell pubs to stick together or give them other directions, and they just run the other way, right into a couched lance. Therefor my list of reasons to votekick would look like this:

1. Intentional Teamhitting/killing
2. Trolling [i.e. Dropping all your weapons and just letting yourself get killed | Couching the horses of your own cavalry on purpose etc.]
3. Glitching or Cheating of any sort.
4. Not following the team / Going off on your own, and dying repeatedly.

Again, I'm not saying that only one person or only clan members can make decisions, but at least write your own ideas in teamchat, instead of just running off to your death.

Also, I actually don't see "Abusive Chat" as that much of an issue, as this game is not intended for PG-Players, but for 16+... And I am fairly sure every 16 year old and above can take "You retard" or "Spastic" without going to their parents and crying their little eyes out. The only times I support a kick for "Abusive Chat" is, if the targetted player(s) told the other party to stop repeatedly, and they won't comply.. And of course there is the case of racism, which should be banned either way.

No - other people should not be kicked for not conforming to what you think is the best strategy.

Yes, abusive chat is a reason for a votekick and no, muting is not a solution.

Back
Top Bottom