Abuse of the votekicking system needs serious attention

Users who are viewing this thread

Look at me my ego is so high up my arse that I believe I have the "right" to stop other players from playing so I can get more digital coins that have zero value haha look I'm very gud(!).

lol

U do realize that that's not really gonna happen, right? We (TCV) are already trying to solo queue as much as we can, yet we always run into an RM, DM, AE, KW or Div stack of at least 3 people, usually even more than that. I'm kinda getting the feeling, that people are taking the loot system a bit too serious, and think they'll need to stack just to get those precious 34 loot or however much it is. So now you're asking the public to stop stacking, just to run into stacks of Top Tier clans. Just make it ranked, and then clans with 6 ppl or at least people with equal skill levels can play it out, while not stomping and thereby demoralizing pubs.
You are right. This gentlemens agreement to not stack will not work if "RM,DM,AE,KW and Div" keep stacking. But its good to know that TCV is supporting my project. It seems like you guys are one of the few people who try to make random skirmish a better place for everyone.

Surely abuse of the votekicking system should result in a ban?
There are a number of people in this thread who have admitted to such abuse and ofc proof provided eg
iWk5pU6.png

surely these players should be banned from MP?

Surely abuse of the votekicking system should result in a ban?
There are a number of people in this thread who have admitted to such abuse and ofc proof provided eg
iWk5pU6.png

surely these players should be banned from MP?
Well, your evidence shows one clan of which you are an admin of and to join said clan you need to treat others with the respect you want to be treated. So why do you ask TW to keep your members in line?

Well, your evidence shows one clan of which you are an admin of and to join said clan you need to treat others with the respect you want to be treated. So why do you ask TW to keep your members in line?

Wrong!

I have not played with KW for many months (since Death took over) and I have no authority within the clan.
I suppose you are talking about being admin on the KW Discord, I don't know since I no longer frequent it. Perhaps you can tell me how being a discord admin can prevent the defacto clan leader from misbehaving in public servers?

Why not ask a couple of questions before attacking with misinformation?

In addition these 2 players are not the only players misusing the kick function to farm XP. What is your remedy for all the players misbehaving in this way?

Wrong!

I have not played with KW for many months (since Death took over) and I have no authority within the clan.
I suppose you are talking about being admin on the KW Discord, I don't know since I no longer frequent it. Perhaps you can tell me how being a discord admin can prevent the defacto clan leader from misbehaving in public servers?

Why not ask a couple of questions before attacking with misinformation?

In addition these 2 players are not the only players misusing the kick function to farm XP. What is your remedy for all the players misbehaving in this way?
You are admin in the discord group, TW group and where not? You still have the clan in your signature, how are you not affiliated with KW?

Everything makes it seem like you are affiliated with KW, making it very logical to arrive at the conclusion that you still want to be associated with these "misbehaving players".

Also, you did nothing to battle this so called "misinformation" as your name is still written all over it. Don't attack people for acting on inaccurate information which you, and soley you, are responsible for.

There is no way KW or any other players who took part in kicking innocent noobs from skirmish will be punished. I am in my right to kick whoever I want and if people support it you must ban half the community. I normally play solo or with 2 or 3-man stack and still other people help me or I help them kick a certain player for whatever reason. It's been months since I was toxic towards any player if the dude is ruining my game by being useless I can kick him and get extra spawns simple. Thinking you can get me banned for kicking players it's really funny.

As for KW I kept the clan together and I caused few guys to leave I admit that but the other 15-20 players that left would have left regardless of me being there. What have you done for KW who did you recruit? Administrative work does not keep a clan going you need people and I recruited plenty.

I am a tryhard even in public skirmish but I am not being toxic towards anyone so you can't label me as a bad person.

You are admin in the discord group, TW group and where not? You still have the clan in your signature, how are you not affiliated with KW?

Everything makes it seem like you are affiliated with KW, making it very logical to arrive at the conclusion that you still want to be associated with these "misbehaving players".

Also, you did nothing to battle this so called "misinformation" as your name is still written all over it. Don't attack people for acting on inaccurate information which you, and soley you, are responsible for.

It is freaking bizarre how what tenuous fictions some men will promote to try and argue that a woman is responsible for any man's bad actions.
Do you consider yourself responsible for all the actions of any player in any clan you were ever a member of?

affiliated =/= having any authority over

Death, and everyone else who does this, are completely responsible for their own actions and they should face consequences for misusing the votekick system. And none of your whataboutery will change that.

None of the players who misuse the votekick system are in any way under my authority.

(for the record, though I doubt anyone is interested, I have been friends with Luca for 9 years and when he asked me to join KW at the start of beta I did and, yes, I did a lot of admin for the clan. I argued against allowing Death to join and when Death became the defacto leader I told Luca I would leave, which between us we converted into an extended leave of absence. Which is all moot anyway, because for 6 months now and ongoing I have a hand condition which leaves me unable to play. Last I looked I was listed in game as a member of MoB, I cant remember why and I have no idea how MoB feels about it ^^)

There is no way KW or any other players who took part in kicking innocent noobs from skirmish will be punished. I am in my right to kick whoever I want and if people support it you must ban half the community. I normally play solo or with 2 or 3-man stack and still other people help me or I help them kick a certain player for whatever reason. It's been months since I was toxic towards any player if the dude is ruining my game by being useless I can kick him and get extra spawns simple. Thinking you can get me banned for kicking players it's really funny.

As for KW I kept the clan together and I caused few guys to leave I admit that but the other 15-20 players that left would have left regardless of me being there. What have you done for KW who did you recruit? Administrative work does not keep a clan going you need people and I recruited plenty.

I am a tryhard even in public skirmish but I am not being toxic towards anyone so you can't label me as a bad person.

Kicking players from a public server because you think they are not worthy to play with you is a misuse of the votekick function. It has a detrimental effect on the playerbase of the game and TW need to come up with a solution.

The obvious, short term, solution is either to remove votekick or to give a consequence to players who behave this way, I think a weeks ban is about right but I doubt TW want to bother making the judgement.

If I was unclear about the KW difference opinion I am sorry for it. I joined and wanted to be part of a clan. You wanted, and changed KW into, only a team. Just because we want different things doesn't mean one is good and one is bad.

Last edited:
It is freaking bizarre how what tenuous fictions some men will promote to try and argue that a woman is responsible for any man's bad actions.
Do you consider yourself responsible for all the actions of any player in any clan you were ever a member of?
First of all, this has nothing to do with gender. And yes, a cleanleader is always responsible for the actions of any of their clan players. It was this way back in Warband where real Clans were formed since fights were not between teams but actuall clans. I degress. When a player doesnt behave you give them a warning. If they do it again you have to make a choice: a) kick them from the clan or b) admit that the image of the clan is to be a jerk or worse whatever the accusation was. As cleanlead one will always be the image of the clan. If the clanlead endorse bad behaivor this will be the clan image. Leaving or beeing kicked from a clan was a huge dishonor and shame back in warband times. People were called names and even less if they dared to leave a clan. There were only two good reasons to leave a clan: a) you leave on your own accord because said clan got a bad image (like its the case now) or b) the clan disbanded.
Now if one still remains in a clan with a bad image, support them in the forum signatur, remains in steamgroup, discordgroup, taleworlds group that means one support the clan. Supporting the clan means supporting the image of said clan. Supporting an image means standing for said image. Thats why one should always leave the discord, leave all groups and cut all connections.

However back in Warband we as Clans also had the administration of who was playing online, since we controlled the server. We could bann them for abusing stuff and could do other administrations which are now on TW. We made the rules and enforced them. Now its on TW if they support said behaivor or have the means and the guts to ban people like we did back then. People could still play offline or some undesired servers that were dead anyway but not on the real playground. Now we dont have that controll over them anymore. (I mean they could always buy a new copy that thats costs real money - now the do free family sharing...). Therefor we should not fight between ourself or should blame eachother. Its on TW to act upon and show what kind of community they want. There are several people and whole "cleans" still playing that valve and others would have banned a long time ago with how they behaived and by what they said.

Nevermind back to the lurker vail I go. Just had to drop my 2 cents on this.

Wild how there are a couple of people posting in this thread acting like they are the second coming of Jesus while they try to kick noobs in-game themselves. Very funny to me.

@Aeronwen
idc about all the beef, just wondering if u haven't played in months and just going off what people said in this thread ain't a good thing, as I have been playing too many hours recently and the only kicks I have seen has mainly been justified theirs only been a few cases where the kick as been bull**** for players wanting to kick a bad player.

The kick function is there to kick people for teamkilling/trolling and that is what I mostly see it used for, u say their evidence in this thread of multiple people doing it ngl one dude uploading a screenshot with no context and saying he was kicked unjustly is not proof for me to class it as proof videos are needed showing the full kick and why in this thread the only questionable thing I see is that screenshot with kw, as my clan has been accused of mass kicking cos one dude uploads a screenshot and some of the members cast their opinions on this thread doesn't mean that we mass kick people for u cant take peoples opinions as proof of them kicking every pub they see as it just doesn't happen.

The kick function ofc it is abusive and people will abusive it and that is the fault of the clans who do and the developers for adding it into a none ranked mode but putting out punishments like bans for it is just a not smart decision.

I don't think anyone mentioned anything about gender so no clue where that came from.

Lastly yes ofc theirs are a few clans who don't care about kicking etc and do it unjustly but from what I have seen theirs a lot of clans who do who outnumber the ones who don't by a massive margin.

Last edited:
@Aeronwen
idc about all the beef, just wondering if u haven't played in months and just going off what people said in this thread ain't a good thing, as I have been playing too many hours recently and the only kicks I have seen has mainly been justified theirs only been a few cases where the kick as been bull**** for players wanting to kick a bad player, the kick function is there to kick people for teamkilling/trolling and that is what I mostly see it used for, u say their evidence in this thread of multiple people doing it ngl one dude uploading a screenshot with no context and saying he was kicked unjustly is not proof for me to class it as proof videos are needed showing the full kick and why in this thread the only questionable thing I see is that screenshot with kw, as my clan has been accused of mass kicking cos on dude uploads a screenshot and some of the members cast their opinions on this thread doesn't mean that we mass kick people for u cant take peoples opinions as proof of them kicking every pub they see as it just doesn't happen, and the kick function ofc it is abusive and people will abusive it and that is the fault of the clans who do and the developers for adding it into a none ranked mode but putting out punishments like bans for it is just not a smart decision. I don't think anyone mentioned anything about gender so no clue where that came from. lastly yes ofc theirs a few clans who don't care about kicking etc and do it unjustly but from what i have seen theirs a lot of clans who do who outnumber the ones who don't by a massive margin
Not using spacing should be a bannable offence
Even if Aero's posts are laughable at least they don't burn retinas

@Aeronwen
idc about all the beef, just wondering if u haven't played in months and just going off what people said in this thread ain't a good thing, as I have been playing too many hours recently and the only kicks I have seen has mainly been justified theirs only been a few cases where the kick as been bull**** for players wanting to kick a bad player, the kick function is there to kick people for teamkilling/trolling and that is what I mostly see it used for, u say their evidence in this thread of multiple people doing it ngl one dude uploading a screenshot with no context and saying he was kicked unjustly is not proof for me to class it as proof videos are needed showing the full kick and why in this thread the only questionable thing I see is that screenshot with kw, as my clan has been accused of mass kicking cos on dude uploads a screenshot and some of the members cast their opinions on this thread doesn't mean that we mass kick people for u cant take peoples opinions as proof of them kicking every pub they see as it just doesn't happen, and the kick function ofc it is abusive and people will abusive it and that is the fault of the clans who do and the developers for adding it into a none ranked mode but putting out punishments like bans for it is just not a smart decision. I don't think anyone mentioned anything about gender so no clue where that came from. lastly yes ofc theirs a few clans who don't care about kicking etc and do it unjustly but from what i have seen theirs a lot of clans who do who outnumber the ones who don't by a massive margin

You didn't notice the screenshot showed explicit confirmation of kicking other players to get more gold (and therefore XP)? Recently there have also been a number of threads in the Steam forum complaining of exactly this, some players even being kicked in initial warmup just because clan players don't know them.

I have also watched a friend play and had the same thing happen, he isn't a known name and was kicked by his team after one round by other players ( I wont name them) explicitly because they wanted more spawns for themselves.

This is an abuse of the vote kick system that needs to be stopped asap.

@Tryerror
I agree with the clan leader bit but I am not, and have never been, a clan leader (in MnB). Do you think yourself responsible for the behaviour of any player who happens to be in any clan you have ever been in?

I mean I don't know what Discords you are in but are you saying every single player who is in any discord for example is responsible for any one person's racism and sexism displayed there?

Are you responsible for the actions of every person who happens to also be in any Discord you are in - no matter where they display bad behaviour?

If not why are you using different criteria for me?

Also why above all are you falling for the whataboutery?
I have not ever votekicked anyone in BL.
The discussion is about people who votekick blameless players just to get more lives for themselves.
What do you think?
Should we ignore it?
Should we try to blame their mother's, wives, gfs, daughters, random women who once were in the same clan?
Or should we hold them responsible for their own actions and consider methods of prevention?

Do you get more xp (loot) for being less on a team when round ends? I thought it was related into fewer players = more gold = more spawns to get kills = more kills/assists = higher score (+ winning rounds/match) = more xp and loot.

Tbh people might just do that to deny others from getting loot, not that they themselves get anything from it.

I guess xp is related to killing, since captain players seem to get more xp on average (?)

I am an unknown name and can confirm that the issue is so prevalent to the point that new players are more or less barred from skirmish. If you want to play skirmish you have to keep rejoining until you don't get kicked. Even the rounds I haven't been kicked there has been other players than me kicked. I have just reinstalled the game after months away from it and have tried to play skirmish for 2 days. I have been kicked multiple times in warmup and when joining an ongoing game.

Even when no reason is given and players don't share clan tags , there is a bias to just press kick if someone suggests it. One wouldn't suggest it for no reason, right? So a player can kick another solo by just pressing "kick" and hoping the others blindly go along with it (or by lying which I was a witness to).

One would think that kicking a player would be the exception rather than the rule. I would propose that player getting frequently kicked or frequently partake in kicking others be audited by a human moderator. Abusing the kick system should be bannable. It is in most other games. How many reports before audit and how many warnings before banning I don't know. One could also assume that a player getting kicked a disproportinate amount might be a nuisance to others and also warrant an audit.

I might be new to Bannerlord, but I'm not new to online games. In no other gaming enviroment have I heard the kick function been associated with "It is my right to decide who gets to play with me and my pals". A few months ago When the kick-function was being asked for it was to kick team-killers and stallers. This misuse have complettely vaccinated me from ever wanting to play skirmish again and will do so to every new (or returning) player until it is regulated.

I completely agree.

Abuse with vote-kicking is rampant.

We should only ever reserve vote-kicking for players that have less than 50 wins, or less than 50 hours on the game.

I completely agree.

Abuse with vote-kicking is rampant.

We should only ever reserve vote-kicking for players that have less than 50 wins, or less than 50 hours on the game.
I disagree. You could be a troll and have 50h< or be a noob that might be the next stayer in the BL community at <50h. Playtime doesn't determine validity of a kick in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom