About why lance/spear cavalry so weak in SandBox

Users who are viewing this thread

Why are people so hellbent on making the game as easy as they can for themselves? Just wait for a mod if you want OP Cav death ball alá Warband.

I mean the whole game is made around cavalry wich for me personally is boring. I would like atleast one of the factions to be Infantary focus but since cav is so OP the devs know that a faction like this would get annihilated.

Nope. I do massive victories with zero losses all the time. If I invest a warhorse into a unit it's going to last a long time.

They can be used effectively but that doesn't make them "Good" or "worth a warhorse" I use them as you do but only prisoners or low tier (pre war horse) recruits. I also put them in SW in front of ranged an that is very useful as a defense.

I disagree because every horse and warhorse could become a much better horse archer instead who would kill 100X more enemies before dying. Most Khan's Guards will last me 3 decades... actually I guess that the longest I've played, they'll probably out live my character.

Hard to believe. What difficulty you play on? Soldiers die, it's their destiny. You may have very few cassualties but massive battles with zero losses are a lie as big as a castle. There is nothing you can do to avoid Mr. Imperial recruit getting a bolt in his face. Nothing new about Khan's guards. I also consider them the 1st or the 2nd best unit of the game (Fians, Khans). Another history is the amount of noble units you can have on your party. Noble recruitment has been improved, but even recent changes, it's not until leadership 150 where it becomes "free real estate".

Why are people so hellbent on making the game as easy as they can for themselves? Just wait for a mod if you want OP Cav death ball alá Warband.

I mean the whole game is made around cavalry wich for me personally is boring. I would like atleast one of the factions to be Infantary focus but since cav is so OP the devs know that a faction like this would get annihilated.

1- Nobody is asking here for OP cavalry, well, at least it is not my case.
2- Please post a campaign battle where you find melee cavalry is overperforming. I am really looking forward to see this.
3- The game is currently ridiculously easy if you play with +80% archers armies, even easier than it was in Warband if getting Swadian Knights armies. Bannerlord Fian Champions >> Warband Swadian Knights >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bannerlord Banner Knights.

Anyway, cavalry has got a bit better in 1.5.10, but it still has a lot of issues related to AI.

Last edited:
Hard to believe. What difficulty you play on?
BANNERLORD

You may have very few cassualties but massive battles with zero losses are a lie as big as a castle.
I do it all the time. I got moves, tricks, skills and secrets galore.

. Another history is the amount of noble units you can have on your party.
Oh I got a secret for this.

it's not until leadership 150 where it becomes "free real estate".
I don't even do that noob stuff, leadership? Being a vassal to lead armies? Who needs that I can get as many nobles as I want....

1- Nobody is asking here for OP cavalry, well, at least it is not my case.
Yeah, I just want them to "Hit things with weapons".

I'm sorry to bother you @Duh_TaleWorlds , but I don't know who I should ask.
And there are several questions about this thread:

1. Does team think that spear/lance cavalry deals enough damage as it should in sandbox mode?
(Lance/Spear) Cavalry spend 15 seconds reorganizing, and then start a wave of attacks but caused very few casualties. Every cavalry is expensive to train, but it have low killing efficiency.

Let's see some codes before,
1. In SandBox.SandboxAgentStatCalculateModel.UpdateHorseStats(Agent agent, AgentDrivenProperties agentDrivenProperties):void
Code:
agentDrivenProperties.MountChargeDamage = (float) mountElement.GetModifiedMountCharge(in equipmentElement2) * 0.004f;
2. In TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.CustomBattleAgentStatCalculateModel.InitializeAgentStats(Agent agent, Equipment spawnEquipment, AgentDrivenProperties agentDrivenProperties, AgentBuildData agentBuildData):void
Code:
agentDrivenProperties.MountChargeDamage = (float) mountElement.GetModifiedMountCharge(in equipmentElement2) * 0.01f;
3. In TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.MultiplayerAgentStatCalculateModel.InitializeHorseAgentStats(Agent agent, Equipment spawnEquipment, AgentDrivenProperties agentDrivenProperties):void
Code:
agentDrivenProperties.MountChargeDamage = (float) mountElement.GetModifiedMountCharge(in equipmentElement2) * 0.01f;

These three lines of codes are about mount charge damage calculation, the first is about Singleplayer SandBox, the second is about Custom Battle and the third is about Multiplayer.
2. Does team know the differences in game and why they made this difference?

3. Does team think that one mount dealing 2 or 3 points damage is reasonable, by multiplying 0.004f?

Why are people so hellbent on making the game as easy as they can for themselves?
On the contrary, the player is just one character, improving cav, spears, armor or whatever will make the AI controlled armies much harder and thus increase the difficulty of the game (which is ridiculous easy and arcadey right now even on realistic)

Hard to believe. What difficulty you play on? Soldiers die, it's their destiny. You may have very few cassualties but massive battles with zero losses are a lie as big as a castle. There is nothing you can do to avoid Mr. Imperial recruit getting a bolt in his face. Nothing new about Khan's guards. I also consider them the 1st or the 2nd best unit of the game (Fians, Khans). Another history is the amount of noble units you can have on your party. Noble recruitment has been improved, but even recent changes, it's not until leadership 150 where it becomes "free real estate".
It's not impossible on realistic if you have the right army composition (ranged dominance). As for the noble units, yes, you can simply recruit them in the traditional way. But you can also recruit them in the prisoner pool. Watch two army clash, then attack the winner army, defeat it and recruit all the prisoners you like. If done right, you can skip the entire early game stage. Currently, the AI has insane replenish ability, this is extremely easy to do.

Nobody said that. We just want melee cavalry to be balanced and worth its cost, which right now it is not.
Horse archers are indeed OP at the moment, but lance/spear cavalry sucks ass.
I mean the whole game is made around cavalry wich for me personally is boring.
Well to be fair it is called MOUNT and blade.
I would like atleast one of the factions to be Infantary focus but since cav is so OP the devs know that a faction like this would get annihilated.
True, although that's only because cavalry are strong in autocalc battles due to the cavalry bonus. In battles you actually play though, they suck.

I agree, I would also like to see some factions become more infantry-focused for the sake of variety. Battania in particular should definitely lose its melee cavalry unit.

Back
Top Bottom