what should they do ?

• honest

Votes: 112 81.8%
  • as many soons as needed to keep us hyped

Votes: 25 18.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

thespud said:
Looking back at all the videos, it does look like they are pretty close. Looks like some tweaking and polishing is required, but I can't imagine that it will take too long to sort out (and that was already 6 months ago from the last video). I kind of wonder if there's one major feature holding them back. They still haven't given an answer on co-op yet, maybe that's it.
WHOAH!!! Easy partner, ya need to slow down there feller, ‘fore ya git your hopes up. That fine mare you is ridin’ may not take ya where ya wanna go.

Dest45 said:
thespud said:
Looking back at all the videos, it does look like they are pretty close. Looks like some tweaking and polishing is required, but I can't imagine that it will take too long to sort out (and that was already 6 months ago from the last video). I kind of wonder if there's one major feature holding them back. They still haven't given an answer on co-op yet, maybe that's it.
WHOAH!!! Easy partner, ya need to slow down there feller, ‘fore ya git your hopes up. That fine mare you is ridin’ may not take ya where ya wanna go.

YEEHAW!! Round 'em cows up boy!

Dest45 said:
thespud said:

Not to make anyone hopeful but I wouldnt be extremely suprised if Armagan has been trying to implement a suprise game mode such as coop all this time.
You still think of it like TW has been trying to get rid of bugs all this time.

According to a Turkish game magazine when they played the captain mode in gamescom(was it e3 ? cant remember) his troops did not follow him when he go from the right to the hill even though he ordered them so.

Also we have seen a Khuzait's shoulder armor glitching so we know that there are still some bugs in the game.

EDIT:I hope they are not tring to take a bite that they cant swallow.In fact that is what they have been doing since the start but still...

I don't agree with the hate on Armagan. The earlier posts make it sound like he is just some high level suit who spends all his time in his office counting fat stacks of cash.

I work a for a software company, and we have 1 owner. Everything has to be filtered through him (new hires, any new features, requests, integrations, etc), but it isn't a bother at all. The owner of the company I work for, started the business on his own 30+ years ago, and he has a solid understanding of everything throughout the company. (He was a one man show for 5+ years, doing everything. Programming, support, fixes, even going door to door selling when things were tight). When we are working on releasing new features, they say "The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time.".

The original Mount&Blade was started by Armagan (and I believe his wife) years ago, and now they are a large company, creating a AAA game. Even if everything is filtered through one person there, you can be sure that person knows exactly what they are doing, and what needs to be accomplished in order to deem the game "ready for release".

I am not mad at them for not giving a release date, I believe I can understand some of the pressure they are under. I don't get the feeling or the vibe that the devs "don't care", the fact of the matter is, if they didn't care, they would have released an unfinished product already.

YES it does suck that we are in the dark.

YES the game has been in development for a long time

NO I am not exactly enthusiastic about it, but if I was in their shoes, I would probably be doing the same thing.

Keep your heads up Taleworlds, do what you need to do to make it happen.

I hear people complain about bannerlord being in development for a lot of years.

Isn’t it normal for a game to be in development for 5-6 years? I mean, I know that The Witcher 2 spend about 5 years in development if i recall correctly. And that game got a new engine aswell.
And bannerlord has a lot of systems working in the background so 6 years isn’t that abnormal, its long, true. But my guess its ‘normal’. Also considering they had to redo almost everything when redeveloping the engine mid development. I think we are lucky its just 6 years.

Whilst I can understand that the reasons TW put forward for the lack of communication,  I don't agree with them and don't think they really have a defendable position tbh,  when you compare them with the communication of other dev teams.

Eh. Its not really typical. They are already pushing on the Side of a long development. Bannerlord is pushing the boundaries of a videogame, people have high expectations for it and they are a new and a less experienced company. We know the development has not always been easy for them. Given all this I would say they are on track.

The Witcher 2 took 5 years, The Witcher 3 took 3 years. Draw your own conclusions from that and keep in mind this is TaleWorld’s first game as a Company, before it was a small indie team.

Dest45 said:
Eh. Its not really typical. They are already pushing on the Side of a long development. Bannerlord is pushing the boundaries of a videogame, people have high expectations for it and they are a new and a less experienced company. We know the development has not always been easy for them. Given all this I would say they are on track.

The Witcher 2 took 5 years, The Witcher 3 took 3 years. Draw your own conclusions from that and keep in mind this is TaleWorld’s first game as a Company, before it was a small indie team.

The witcher 3 took 3 years to make when CDPR also had alot more Manpower than TaleWorlds has.

jackalj said:
I hear people complain about bannerlord being in development for a lot of years.

Isn’t it normal for a game to be in development for 5-6 years? I mean, I know that The Witcher 2 spend about 5 years in development if i recall correctly. And that game got a new engine aswell.
And bannerlord has a lot of systems working in the background so 6 years isn’t that abnormal, its long, true. But my guess its ‘normal’. Also considering they had to redo almost everything when redeveloping the engine mid development. I think we are lucky its just 6 years.

Only that isn't really the case. They only said they were making Bannerlord in 2012, but it doesn't make much sense to announce the game you're making immediately after you begin your conception. They would've (without a doubt in my mind) been designing/making the game since just after Warband was released and probably began preparations before it was released, which was March 2010. That's approaching 8 years of development.

Crowcorrector said:
Whilst I can understand that the reasons TW put forward for the lack of communication,  I don't agree with them and don't think they really have a defendable position tbh,  when you compare them with the communication of other dev teams.

The games industry is full of awful people frankly. Marketing people are some of the worst - clearly. Decisions get made based on some marketing guy's views or some polling they did that was made on a bunch of Xbox console 12 year olds.

If you're going to ask a bunch of kids how you should run your business, perhaps we should do the same with the government?

Take a look at the guild 3's decision to go early access... that franchise will never recover from this single iteration of the game. Short sighted stupid decisions have been plaguing these games since before graphics :wink:

I don't even care if a company doesn't STICK TO it's timetable, sometimes things go over time and you need more than you originally thought. But this idea that "let's just not say the date we think it is" is kind of childish.

You know there's a project manager who has a gant chart in there that has the date they think they will be finished by - they just don't want to tell us - and I bet the marketing guy has a lot to do with that decision.

Sundeki said:
jackalj said:

Only that isn't really the case. They only said they were making Bannerlord in 2012, but it doesn't make much sense to announce the game you're making immediately after you begin your conception. They would've (without a doubt in my mind) been designing/making the game since just after Warband was released and probably began preparations before it was released, which was March 2010. That's approaching 8 years of development.

Armagon stated they had been working on Bannerlord for 6 years at last year's E3, so they probably started on it after With Fire and Sword in 2011.

I would rather that they gave us a broad release date, for example, 2018, and, as they see fit, give more details (first half, third quarter...). But, above all, be honest about it.

And someday I would love to hear why the hell it has taken so long to do the game. Iirc, it has been six years and still counting.

Anyway, I really hope we will finally see BL this year.

578 said:
No idea said:
578 said:
They started the development of Bannerlord exactly after Warband released (no DLCs) but had to scrap 2 years of work and restart it.

Why? Does anybody know?

Engine rewriting as far as I remember, the previous version was too limiting.

Not many companies sacrifice 2 years of work for a better game.
So it is either that the prev version was TOO limiting or
Armagan is an angel without wings :lol:

jackalj said:
Dest45 said:

The witcher 3 took 3 years to make when CDPR also had alot more Manpower than TaleWorlds has.

They were also a more experienced team that had already made The Witcher 2. Bannerlord is a big step for TaleWorlds, they are basicly going from the witcher 1 to 3.

Back
Top Bottom