About the smithy's smithing system.

What do you think of the current Smithy system?

• It's perfect

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • It's great, but it could have a few small improvements.

Votes: 165 62.7%
  • Meh... I don't even really use it. Doesn't bother me as well, though.

Votes: 29 11.0%
  • I don't like it at all. I only purchase or loot weapons in the game and I hated Smithy's system.

Votes: 65 24.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Another possibility could be that you forge weapons to meet quotas for your kingdom or quests.
For example, the quest "Gang leader needs one-handed weapons" (or something of the like) can have the person asking for a specific type of weapon in an allotted amount of time. The more your smithing skill and the better weapons you can make should dictate how much reward you get.
These are nice ideas to flesh out the system.
In the current state it is mostly a XP grind.
I'm developing it, but for now the main use is to smelt every weapon I get and make custom weapons just to smelt them once again.
Doesn't feel right for a blacksmith to do that. ?

Where is the option to vote:

"It could be great but need HUGE improvements" ???

It's way too slow, you always have to wait and you'll probably end the game become making a decent sword :razz:

I rather like the Stamina system; smithing is an arduous and time-consuming activity, and the stamina mechanic reflects this. So I don't mind the waiting (which one often has to do anyway to heal up wounded troops....off current topic, but healing seems slower in BL than WB).

The main thing I don't like about Smithing in its current state: at the moment it's superfluous. Because it's a lot easier & faster to simply buy/loot decent weapons. I did make myself a starter sword at very beginning, but looted/purchased stuff quickly replaced it, and there's all kinds of affordable weapons in shops all over the continent. Meanwhile I can still only make that one beginner sword type.

The ability to smith armor would be way more useful...since, unlike weapons, good armor is extremely scarce (except for Tier 3+ common troops that is; they apparently have no problem finding what they need, and are happy to let their leader and his/her companions look like ragamuffin bandits, lol).

But that's just current state: I'm sure Smithing will eventually include armor pieces, and the weapon-smithing part will become more relevant as well.

Smithing is a good idea in practice, but the actual having to refine all the resources and all the tedious clicks and waiting.... IDK... It could be improved. Seems super super tedious currently.

this. the clickfest, the go back to main screen..rest..go back to smith screen loop is horrible. just give me a rest button in the smithing screen, andalso a button to buy more ingredients....

Did you forget about something? :wink:

I've made one handed sword with 2 handed grip, but it is still one handed and I can't use it with both hands. So, how did you do it?

To make a hand-and-a-half sword, select "two handed sword" as class, and look through the grips. Some of them will make the weapon usable in both modes. For the right grips, both options will be shown among the weapon stats.

My biggest gripe with the System at the moment is the randomness of learning stuff. My Character has only 30 smithing, but for some reason instead of learning a Tier 1 or 2 blade he learned a Tier 5 one. Not only is there no Chance in hell that I actually manage to craft that, I can't even get the materials by refining yet.

This is the aspect of the smithing system in greatest need of change, but it's got a long way to go as a whole.

why does blacksmithing have a stamina limit? it doesnt actually bring anything to the game all it does is drastically slow down a skill that would ordinarily be fun to play aorund with which is instead made tedious and a waste of time.

which is particularly accented by the fact that some parts cant be unlocked without playing multiplayer.

please just get rid of the stamina limit

I assume it's there to prevent millionaires like me to farm the skill up in no time... But I agree, it's a poor mechanic and really discourages anyone from using the skill

To keep you from having fun? /s
I would guess to keep people from spamming/abusing it to level up and make a ton of money early on. It needs a tweak because 5-6 crafts or smelts and you're finish for a day, and not being able to regen the stamina while roaming the map sucks.

Yeah no crappy MMO mechanics please. SP game, if we want to smelt 1 million steal bars we should be able too.
Or better yet, dump the grindy skill ups and give use warband char building so we can actually have a good char and move on with the game.

I've been thinking about this... and what if. WHAT IF. Instead of having to actually rest or "wait here for a time" your time spent traveling on the world map or doing anything other than smithing helped recover your smithing endurance or whatever its called. Stamina. That might make a big difference. Since it seems like it only recovers from waiting somewhere.

There is a mod to remove that for you. It's a sensible feature for sure but if you don't like it there is an option.

stamina should regen even during movement and limitation to 15 actions max is rather dumb, It should take some time, each usage perhaps, but the fatigue is annoying.

Just like whoever came up with the exp overnerf in arena and tounament, while troops dont gain exp in battles, only in autoresolve and at a whopping 800% rate. Who came up with this lol.

stamina should regen even during movement and limitation to 15 actions max is rather dumb, It should take some time, each usage perhaps, but the fatigue is annoying.

Just like whoever came up with the exp overnerf in arena and tounament, while troops dont gain exp in battles, only in autoresolve and at a whopping 800% rate. Who came up with this lol.
early access man, the game is still in development and this isn't final

Back
Top Bottom