About that 65K plate armor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hah I don't care for the price of cows either, it's just an example to illustrate the scale. You can marry Ira for 8k and get a full set of that armor in under 60 minutes. Beside the point IMO. What matters to me, is the fact I can have an entire 300 man troop in said most expansive armors (obviously having it's stats in combat) for less money than a single set of that armor for the main character is worth. It's unreal.

That is a concession made to make the game pleasurable.. Image you have to pay 50k - 100k for a tier 5 troop. only to see him die the next day against a band of robbers. In early game I would smash my head against a sharp corner.

Besides that... it was also common in a lot of historic nations for household to save up money and buy the needed gear themselves in order to join the army (they had the best wages). So the lord got an full equiped soldiers, just had to pay his wage...

That is a concession made to make the game pleasurable.. Image you have to pay 50k - 100k for a tier 5 troop. only to see him die the next day against a band of robbers. In early game I would smash my head against a sharp corner.

Besides that... it was also common in a lot of historic nations for household to save up money and buy the needed gear themselves in order to join the army (they had the best wages). So the lord got an full equiped soldiers, just had to pay his wage...
I disagree. If the equipment had more sensible prices, given your income you could pay a lot more for upgrades, just like you do for armor now, except it would just make sense when their respective prices would actually correlate, and a proper money sink for money you can actually loose with men dying.

The second part is exaggerated like the "armour was expansive" idea. Sure they did that, but the equipment they would stock upon mostly included basic stuff, like spears or helmets (just like people own guns nowadays) not a full set of cataphract armor, again, order of magnitude.

Anyways, I was just curious as to why are the prices unrealistic like that, so I decided to make a historically based point, but seeing now that some players find them acceptable or desired even, I'll just wait for mods, because it's probably some gamification issue that's not going to be changed.

Last edited:
So they have plate armor in this game? I was going to make a suggestion on plate armor and helmets from the late middle ages / early renaissance, like Warband had (or was that a mod that added it? Can't remember. Might have been Floris).

I paid 650k for some armor the other day. Granted I had over 1.2 million gold and was earning like 20k a day passively.

Honestly, I figured out that the game kind of screws you. The prices on some things increase over time. That same armor I bought for 650k I actually saw earlier in my play through for 128k. Also I don't know how many noticed this but the better armor and weapons don't start showing up until later in the game, it is kind of like they have some sort of scaling going on that prevents you from getting any thing good early on. Hopefully this changes because it is frustrating having 50-60k saved up and not being able to find any armor giving me more than 24 chest protection. I literally went to every city and every chest piece was junk everywhere. 5 levels or so later, a few decent pieces started showing up.

Cant believe so many think these prices are fine. Yes, the game needs money sinks and even 600k is not much later on, but that is because the incomes and losses are broken. How am I supporting a 120 elite unit army for a year for the price of a helmet on the blacksmiths window frame?
Blacksmiths must be the most rich people in this game, billionaires that can buy cities after selling a piece of plate armor to some idiot lord.

TW needs to balance troop upgrade costs like Van-d-all said, and their wages too. High tier troops should get paid more and their upgrading should be hella expensive.

For 600k armor I expect my family sigil to be forged in the plate armor, in the colors I want, not buy it off the stall in the marketplace next to the common peasants.

There sure should be unique things, which cost a fortune. But these are not unique if half of lords and even elite units have it.

There is some damn ugly armor in the 65K range too. The Vlandia version has a blank tabard in white or red. Just completely blank. Worst still is the Battania version. It's called "kilt over plates" or some such. The kilt part is the ugliest tartan-like fabric that I have ever seen. It looks like it belongs in the movie braveheart. When you wear it the effect is more dress like than armor like. If you shell out massive amounts of denars for some armor you at least want it to look decent.

Since my playthrough is probably coming to an end soon, I shelled out the 610K for the shiny uber armor. Honestly, for that amount of money, the stats are too low. It is the only piece of armor in the game that feels like armor when you wear it in combat. I still got damaged by looters though.

I think that armor values are too low across the board. Armor should be buffed by 50% on all pieces. Then it would feel like armor.

I also bought that 55K plate armor helmet, the one with the crown on it. It just looked too cool to pass up.

Where is all the armor that the troops wear? The Vlandian Banner knight is wearing what appears to be a coat of plates. I have fond memories of the black coat of plates in Warband. I would equip all of my companions with it along with nordic warlord helmets.

Make Armor Great Again!

:xf-grin:

There is some damn ugly armor in the 65K range too. The Vlandia version has a blank tabard in white or red. Just completely blank. Worst still is the Battania version. It's called "kilt over plates" or some such. The kilt part is the ugliest tartan-like fabric that I have ever seen. It looks like it belongs in the movie braveheart. When you wear it the effect is more dress like than armor like. If you shell out massive amounts of denars for some armor you at least want it to look decent.

Since my playthrough is probably coming to an end soon, I shelled out the 610K for the shiny uber armor. Honestly, for that amount of money, the stats are too low. It is the only piece of armor in the game that feels like armor when you wear it in combat. I still got damaged by looters though.

I think that armor values are too low across the board. Armor should be buffed by 50% on all pieces. Then it would feel like armor.

I also bought that 55K plate armor helmet, the one with the crown on it. It just looked too cool to pass up.

Where is all the armor that the troops wear? The Vlandian Banner knight is wearing what appears to be a coat of plates. I have fond memories of the black coat of plates in Warband. I would equip all of my companions with it along with nordic warlord helmets.

Make Armor Great Again!

:xf-grin:
I didn't like armor in Warband until mods added proper plate armor

OKxHvL7.png

And it did what it was supposed to do. It actually protected, while looking amazing.

Yes yes Bannerlord takes place in the dark ages not the late middle ages, but damn the armor is so dull looking and doesn't do much to protect.

I didn't like armor in Warband until mods added proper plate armor

OKxHvL7.png

And it did what it was supposed to do. It actually protected, while looking amazing.

Yes yes Bannerlord takes place in the dark ages not the late middle ages, but damn the armor is so dull looking and doesn't do much to protect.

Eh, speak for yourself, I think the scale, lamellar armours, etc.. look amazing. It's plate armours that are dull and boring :v

Imagine the sack you would need to carry all the gold coins into the shop to pay for a Sword that's 65,000 gold coins . It wouldn't fit in the shop. All the costs need to come down and the pay outs to match.

I just bought some armor for about 650K

Edit: It is called "Lemellar with Scale Skirt". Gives 48 Body Armor, 22 Leg Armor, and 16 Arm Armor. It sells for 236825, but it cost just over 600k when I bought it.
Can you tell us, where? In particular, what was town's prosperity, was there a smithy in town? Because I suspect that high tier armor appearing for sale is connected to town's prosperity and presence of a smithy in town.

I was disappointed that after I made the decision to commit maybe 50% of my funds to buy a particular piece of armor or weapon, I have found nothing better in the game. Essentially, I got access to top-level equipment while still acting like a 1-man caravan, schlepping goods from where they were cheap to where they were not.

As the most productive noble in my liege's kingdom (Khusaits) I haven't found anything better. I've rifled the battlefields from north to south and am basically dismayed that the other nobles I vanquished didn't own anything worth more than a very few thousand denars. (Of course, they don't spend periods of peace as a 1-warband caravan like I do!) Nothing better in the Towns either. I HAVE crafted 2-handed axes I consider superior to anything else I've seen, and I use one of them as my main melee weapon.

I would like to have TW review their descriptors of recovered gear. I don't think "cracked bows" or "splintered arrows" are worth ANYTHING. "Rusty" swords don't speak to me of something that is inferior, but miskept. And "Noble Improvised Shields" made of wood slats? Laughable. The devs need someone with English as a first language to work on these descriptors.

Currently, descriptors seem to mean little or no difference in quality or price, but I understand they plan to get around to fixing that... sometime.

Yeah... As a money sink it's not really effective because they're a one-time purchase, too. So once you can afford them, you buy them, and you're bright back to having millions again because your income hasn't changed.
The one-time purchase thing is key. I have a set of 5 Jareeds (what the hell is a jareed??) that cost 161k, I think. I apparently detail soldiers to comb the woods and streams for all my jareeds after each skirmish, because when the next battle comes up I safely have all five in my holder. (Due to the random nature of unlocked smithing parts, the best javelin I can make still uses a tree branch as a shaft! - Even though my 2-handed axes put the "Executioners Axe" in the shade.)

If I had to burn a quiver of arrows EACH skirmish or battle, the cost would add up. But, no - my soldiers are really eagle-eyed and will find and dislodge them from random tree trunks and not-so-random skulls to re-fill my quiver. Even the ones I busted against the walls in a siege get expertly glued back together and maintain their +4 piercing!

The tree branch is a very good javelin shaft. You can use it to create 110 damage 5 stack javelins (with the right head of course). Though there is a slightly better one.

My two handed axe is still beaten by the bill :sad:, so I use the bill. Close though.

I would like to have TW review their descriptors of recovered gear. I don't think "cracked bows" or "splintered arrows" are worth ANYTHING. "Rusty" swords don't speak to me of something that is inferior, but miskept. And "Noble Improvised Shields" made of wood slats? Laughable. The devs need someone with English as a first language to work on these descriptors.

Currently, descriptors seem to mean little or no difference in quality or price, but I understand they plan to get around to fixing that... sometime.

The descriptors do make a difference to armor. They don't matter for weapons though. They were only added to nerf the amount of income you'd get from loot. Don't ask me why they didn't just nerf the amount of loot you get.

last time i checked there aren't plate armors in this game aside from mods. and the best armors cost 500k-600k+ which i've never even seen once. i've had 700 hours in this game and my longest playthrough with 2500 days and having taken the entire map. I had to use cheat codes to even see those armors

Imagine the sack you would need to carry all the gold coins into the shop to pay for a Sword that's 65,000 gold coins . It wouldn't fit in the shop. All the costs need to come down and the pay outs to match.
considering the whole shop costs 15k and all the assets in there combined is worth like 10k. the current cost of a 300k bow

Back
Top Bottom