About sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow training for troops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Arkhiel

Recruit
Hi. Just tried 1.36 (properly patched from 1.35).
Is it normal that just can't train even some allit? They're useless lv15 buddies (pretty "tough" for noobs though), and i just give them ridiculously amount of exp in training field. I can't even imagine what it would be with x2 exp required. Lords gets hundreds of big armored men in a few minutes while it will take me years to get half of it :/ .

Only battles grant enough xp to upgrade now? (can't try to fight with anybody with my pack of dogs)

Thing is mercs are very expensive. I want to make a pure warrior (I'm just fed up with only trading all the way, a future lord/king musnt be a carpet seller half of his life).

You can try and change the xp multiplicator values in module.ini

But you'll never really get a troop evolution as fast as in native...

One thing I noticed, and that might be one of the causes, is bthat most of the mod's troops are on a high level already, so trainer skill only gets you so far.

It sorta sucks for me as well, but I'm getting used to waltzing about with an army of twenty million noobs.  :lol:

SirPumpkin said:
You can try and change the xp multiplicator values in module.ini

But you'll never really get a troop evolution as fast as in native...

One thing I noticed, and that might be one of the causes, is bthat most of the mod's troops are on a high level already, so trainer skill only gets you so far.

It sorta sucks for me as well, but I'm getting used to waltzing about with an army of twenty million noobs.  :lol:

Is there a way to change their level?

I don't mind if troop evolution is not as fast as native, I find it more realistic, but in the mod it is WAY too realistic  :lol:. I'll never be ever able to beat some theow (except with trading, that i want to get rid of, too easy to pay an army with wine shops and selling silver)

UnholyNighmare said:
Yeah, training only works if the trainer is a higher level than the soldier.

Trouble is this skill is useless before lv15, but then they'll earn a ridiculous amount of xp compared to their level. And we talk about basic troups, dog food, not elite soldiers (that i wouldn't mind they'd be rare).

Thorgil said:
there is an option to choose realistic upgrading or not in camp menu, that may help perhaps...

Already disabled (and enabled doesn't change anything).

I guess when freelancer comes out it'll be a good way to earn money fighting.

Sobakozoid said:
Arkhiel said:
Thing is mercs are very expensive.
Your  heavy infantry wages will be same high as mercs wages.

Heavy infantry is a little cheaper than heavy mercs, but when i'll be able to afford them yeah i'll have some more money. But at least having tier low troops with shields is better than nothing.

Bump!

So i changed xp multiplier, thing is it applies very well... in combat.
Training fields (and i suppose mentor skill) does nothing.
Well, i guess troops upgrade looting corpses, but though i shouldn't have to pay them for that :grin:.

Is there a file i can modify to up the amount of xp received with mentor skill and training fields?

Back
Top Bottom