about perks

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi. Just wondering, what does captain mean? Is that for multiplayer only or single player too? What does "Infantry troops in the formation you are leading" mean? For example, if one of my companions have the perk Unwavering Defense, does that mean all 'infantry troops' (regular troops and heroes included?) within range of my companion with that perk gets +10 hitpoints? Does the companion with that perk have to be equipped with a 1H weapon? What if it's a 1H/2H weapon and he switched in between?

Thanks

it reads:
You gain +5 hitpoints.
Also, reduces recruitment cost of infantry troops by 30%.

Not sure how helpful the troop discount is for an ai companion in they're own party but the other half of this perk, the 5hp would be applied only to the character with the perk not others around it regardless of what you have equipped, bannerlordperks.com is saying that specific perk unintentionally gives infantry in your formation more hp though so idk whats up with that.

as for captains and men in your formation. if you are a vassal or king and join a large fight the captain menu will most likely come up and promt you to accept/assign yourself and others to lead specific formations of the army to battle
images

(i don't think they implemented the mechanic to pre-organize this yet with your own companions). much like the multiplayer captain mode except with poor AI decision making.

Sorry I have to bump this post.
This issue was annoying for way too long and I just don't know how to look into the codes to find the right answer.
Could someone please tell me is party leader counted for capatin or the perks are auto-effective within a radius of a hero?
Have anyone tested it out yet?
For me if these perks won't work when you leading your party alone then they are definitely designed for MP and is flawed to show up in SP.

Just tried it out using dnspy to debug. When leading your party units do not get assigned a captain. Further analyzing, formation captains are only assigned in the function OnPlayerChoiceMade(). This function is not called when starting a battle with your own party, most likely it is only called when the captain menu was shown.

Unless you picked a formation to lead for the battle, captain perk effects do nothing.

Last edited:
Just tried it out using dnspy to debug. When leading your party units do not get assigned a captain. Further analyzing, formation captains are only assigned in the function OnPlayerChoiceMade(). This function is not called when starting a battle with your own party, most likely it is only called when the captain menu was shown.

Unless you picked a formation to lead for the battle, captain perk effects do nothing.
Thanks for the help!
Well I can still drag my wife around to form a army just for the formation.
But still this method doesn't feel "organic"(Pardon my vocabulary, not a native speaker). Wish we can assign companions as captains in the future.

Back
Top Bottom