About Perephrial Support

Users who are viewing this thread

Sputnik

Recruit
I didn't see any other threads about it, and I don't really think it's a bug, since it's not implemented, but I would like to see a larger amount of key support on mice, as my mouse has up to mouse button 6, and the game alas does not recognize all of those keys.

(This stems from me having the crouch and jump keys from traditional FPSs to be on the mouse as well, and while crouch is not/never implemented, :cry: [perhaps as a smaller target/stealthier], jump is, and it would be swell to have it on the mouse.)

Ok. I am adding support for up to 8 buttons in the new version. Thanks for bringing that up.

Crouch would take a bit of time to implement. But I hope I can add it sometime.

Crouch'd not really make sense, as I doubt medieval warriors had any reason to do so. Perhaps a crossbowman would do it to aim better, but he'd still have to stand up to reload.

Pikemen and the like braced themselves rather than crouching when defending against cavalry.

How about going prone instead? That'll make you much harder to shoot... and can be also used for ducking really low in the saddle - for same reasons :smile:.

I don't think prone or crouch would make much sense for the majority of the game, but I think it could be used as a sort of multi-purpose 'bracing' technique. Crossbowmen would kneel down to get a more accurate shot, pikemen would brace their weapon on the ground and maybe shield using infantry could raise their shield to cover their upper torso and crouch down slightly, giving a bonus against warrider damage?

Cian said:
I don't think prone or crouch would make much sense for the majority of the game, but I think it could be used as a sort of multi-purpose 'bracing' technique. Crossbowmen would kneel down to get a more accurate shot, pikemen would brace their weapon on the ground and maybe shield using infantry could raise their shield to cover their upper torso and crouch down slightly, giving a bonus against warrider damage?

Quite honestly, this is an awesome idea.

Also, armagan, if nothing else, you have convinced me to buy the game based on your prompt and responsive reply. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom